Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:57:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to buy DAO tokens the easy way using Bittrex  (Read 7496 times)
Soul_eater_123 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 06:39:21 PM

If you use the daohub.org to create DAO via Eth, they want you to send ETH to some addy, 0x123.....

So who owns the private key for the newly created DAO and how do you access them? I feel like ETH just sent off into the ether ... I'm still a little confused.

Don't worry.  As long as you use the right kind of wallet (i.e. myetherwallet or MIST) then the DAO becomes automatically associated with your sending address and is associated with the private key of your send address.  Only you should have control of that private key.  The whole process is automated.  When you are using an exchange like Bittrex then obviously they are in charge of the private key so you have to trust them.
biodieselchris

Activity: 579
Merit: 500

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 05:50:42 AM

If you use the daohub.org to create DAO via Eth, they want you to send ETH to some addy, 0x123.....

So who owns the private key for the newly created DAO and how do you access them? I feel like ETH just sent off into the ether ... I'm still a little confused.

Don't worry.  As long as you use the right kind of wallet (i.e. myetherwallet or MIST) then the DAO becomes automatically associated with your sending address and is associated with the private key of your send address.  Only you should have control of that private key.  The whole process is automated.  When you are using an exchange like Bittrex then obviously they are in charge of the private key so you have to trust them.

I c, thx!

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: