Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:42:34 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CO2 as a currency :)  (Read 918 times)
thoughtfan (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 03:56:07 PM

I know this is old and something similar may have come up before but I enjoyed this: http://embraceunity.com/economics/how-to-reverse-global-warming-painlessly-in-under-a-year/

Grin
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 04:02:47 PM

I know this is old and something similar may have come up before but I enjoyed this: http://embraceunity.com/economics/how-to-reverse-global-warming-painlessly-in-under-a-year/

Grin

Unfortunately, sucking CO2 out of the sky isn't the most efficient way to obtain it. Rather, burning forests is—which kind of ruins the intentions of the author.
Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 04:05:53 PM

CO2 is a currency: Poor countries sell their CO2 kvotas to polluting industrialised countries.
mech

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 06:07:17 PM

The problem of carbon dioxide - a little more far-fetched than the full. The ocean can absorb much more CO2 than we can provide. Also, all organic, which we burn, when it grew by assimilating carbon dioxide in the past.

PPC? - Should become the first independent altcurrency!
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 06:12:00 PM

The problem of carbon dioxide - a little more far-fetched than the full. The ocean can absorb much more CO2 than we can provide. Also, all organic, which we burn, when it grew by assimilating carbon dioxide in the past.

And what happens when the oceans do that... please continue.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
mech

Activity: 115

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 06:28:34 PM

And what happens when the oceans do that... please continue.

Nothing will happen, CO2 will be building material for phytoplankton, that's all.

PPC? - Should become the first independent altcurrency!
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 06:48:19 PM

But not as fast as we can provide it, unfortunately. I don't think the problem is carbon dioxide per se, but rather the speed it is being pumped into our atmosphere.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 06:35:56 AM

Mother nature will correct the imbalance. The world won't be destroyed.

Humans might be wiped out in the process, but rest assured, mother nature will fix the CO2 problem.

Nolo

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 06:41:15 AM

Humans might be wiped out in the process, but rest assured, mother nature will fix the CO2 problem.

The equivalent of mother nature didn't fix the problem on Venus. 

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 07:19:20 AM

The equivalent of mother nature didn't fix the problem on Venus. 

That's how mother nature wants Venus to be.

miningusa

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 07:27:53 AM

Haha this made me laugh  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: