Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:37:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cameron argues Britain is safer in the EU  (Read 306 times)
a7mos (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 10:17:48 AM

Drawing on history, Cameron argues Britain is safer in the EU

Britain needs the European Union to help fight Islamic State and rebuff a "newly belligerent" Russia, Prime Minister David Cameron said on Monday, making a "big, bold, patriotic case" for membership of the bloc.

With just over six weeks to go before a referendum, both campaigns to stay in and to leave the EU are stepping up their arguments, with former London mayor, Boris Johnson, due to challenge the prime minister in a speech later on Monday detailing why a British exit, or Brexit, would help the country.

Setting out the security argument for Britain to vote to remain in the EU on June 23, Cameron drew on military history, invoking the memory of war leader Winston Churchill to bolster his case that "isolationism has never served this country well".

"I want to show that if you love this country, if you want to keep it strong in the world and keep our people safe, our membership of the EU is one of the tools that helps us to do these things," Cameron told diplomats and campaigners.

"I'm not arguing that the EU alone has kept the peace in Europe these last 70 seventy years, of course not, NATO has played an absolutely key role ... (but) it's pretty extraordinary that countries that were fighting and killing each other are now finding a way to work together."

He warned Britain that it could be exposed to greater threats if voters decided to vote in favor of leaving the EU, underlining the role of security cooperation after dozens were killed in attacks by Islamic State in Brussels and Paris.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-cameron-idUSKCN0Y00Q3
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 11:05:09 AM

Cameron can go fuck himself, stinks of desperation and I am defo voting to leave.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 11:20:29 AM

Want to make Britain a safe pace to live? Stay the fuck out of third world nations such as Syria and Libya. Cameron and his cronies support the NATO invasion of foreign nation and the toppling of secular regimes. They are supporting the so called "moderate terrorists" in Syria. What goes around comes around (remember the London tube attacks?)
alphatv

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 12:36:04 PM

He knows very well that he is going to commit a blunder and now he is pushing back
Racey
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 12:42:43 PM

Cameron can go fuck himself, stinks of desperation and I am defo voting to leave.

Cameron can keep giving it to pigs, he is surely a great liar, along with most other European leaders.

I am voting out also, was a big mistake by me, to vote for the common market, they changed all the rules, and was not beneficial to the country, in fact it made things worse.

The majority of the UK is owned now by foreign companies, time to take it back once and for all.

And its gone.
EUROPEANTURK

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 01:49:45 PM

Drawing on history, Cameron argues Britain is safer in the EU

Britain needs the European Union to help fight Islamic State and rebuff a "newly belligerent" Russia, Prime Minister David Cameron said on Monday, making a "big, bold, patriotic case" for membership of the bloc.

With just over six weeks to go before a referendum, both campaigns to stay in and to leave the EU are stepping up their arguments, with former London mayor, Boris Johnson, due to challenge the prime minister in a speech later on Monday detailing why a British exit, or Brexit, would help the country.

Setting out the security argument for Britain to vote to remain in the EU on June 23, Cameron drew on military history, invoking the memory of war leader Winston Churchill to bolster his case that "isolationism has never served this country well".

"I want to show that if you love this country, if you want to keep it strong in the world and keep our people safe, our membership of the EU is one of the tools that helps us to do these things," Cameron told diplomats and campaigners.

"I'm not arguing that the EU alone has kept the peace in Europe these last 70 seventy years, of course not, NATO has played an absolutely key role ... (but) it's pretty extraordinary that countries that were fighting and killing each other are now finding a way to work together."

He warned Britain that it could be exposed to greater threats if voters decided to vote in favor of leaving the EU, underlining the role of security cooperation after dozens were killed in attacks by Islamic State in Brussels and Paris.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-cameron-idUSKCN0Y00Q3

i dont suppose that england is the safest country in european union. on the contrary, england is starting wars all over middle east for that reason , what goes aroud comes around.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 02:58:01 PM

He knows very well that he is going to commit a blunder and now he is pushing back

When he proposed the Brexit referendum, some 60% of the Brits were in favor of staying within the European Union, and only around 40% were opposed to it. Cameron thought that he could conduct the referendum, and permanently kill the idea of Brexit. However, with Turkey blackmailing the EU member states, the proportion of Brits who want to get out of the EU rose to more than 50%. Now Cameron is realizing that he had committed a blunder.
zenitzz

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 07:02:21 PM

The EU was doomed from the beginning. Now it's just a matter of who gets out first. Nobody wants to be the first one to leave.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: