Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 12:10:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-E banned and blocked my account for inactivity?  (Read 3462 times)
FedUpWithBtc-e

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 06:35:22 PM

To all having their accounts suspended/locked, try verification. See below. It might help somehow. It is a new thing, they have just emailed me.

Good luck all.

Dear members of BTC-e.com.

Please, be informed about the upcoming changes on BTC-e.

1. Verification:

We have added the opportunity for our users to verify their accounts (verification is optional).

Verified users will be able to enjoy certain benefits when using the exchange:

1. There will be no money hold after depositing in FIAT currencies via electronic payment systems. You will be able to withdraw whenever you want.
2. You will be able to fund your account via bank transfers from Russian banks.
3. There will be no money hold after depositing via bank wire transfer (SEPA).
4. In the near future verified users will be able to deposit via such popular payment systems as WebMoney, Visa/MasterCard, China UnionPay, Payza.
5. The limit on the withdrawal of crypto-currencies will be doubled.
6. The access to the chat will be available starting with $1 balance.
7. You will not have to submit verification documents again, if your account is blocked according to BTC-e Terms of Use p.9.10. https://btc-e.com/page/1.
8. Unlinking 2-factor authentication will be simpler.
9. Changing your registered email via a ticket to support will be simpler.
10. Removing an IP address from the IP White List via a ticket to support will be simpler.

How to complete verification:

1. If you already have an account with BTC-e.com (BTC-e.nz).
1.1. Go to https://www.xbtce.com.
1.2. Create an account on https://www.xbtce.com with the same email as on https://btc-e.com and complete the verification process, providing all required documents. Our staff will review your documents and your account will be verified. For more information about the verification process, refer to https://support.xbtce.info/Knowledgebase/Article/View/77/30/3-procedura-verifikacii-ewallet.
1.3. Your btc-e.com account will be verified automatically within 1 day after receiving the verified status on xbtce.com. We will notify you about it via a private message and you will be able to enjoy all the above-mentioned benefits.

2. If you are a new user at BTC-e.com (BTC-e.nz):
2.1. Go to https://www.xbtce.com.
2.2. Create an account and complete the verification process, providing all required documents. Our staff will review your documents and your account will be verified. For more information about the verification process, refer to https://support.xbtce.info/Knowledgebase/Article/View/77/30/3-procedura-verifikacii-ewallet.
2.3. Register an account with on btc-e.com (nz) with the same e-mail as on xbtce.com.
2.4. Within 1 day after receiving the verified status on xbtce.com, your account on btc-e.com will be verified automatically, too. We will notify you about it via a private message and you will be able to enjoy all the above-mentioned benefits.

3. If you already have an xbtce.com account:
3.1. Complete the verification process, providing all required documents. Our staff will review your documents and your account will be verified. For more information about the verification process, refer to https://support.xbtce.info/Knowledgebase/Article/View/77/30/3-procedura-verifikacii-ewallet.
3.2. Register an account with on btc-e.com (nz) with the same e-mail as on xbtce.com.
3.3. WIthin 1 day after receiving the verified status on xbtce.com, your account on btc-e.com will be verified automatically, too. We will notify you about it via a private message and you will be able to enjoy all the above-mentioned benefits.

4. The account is blocked according to BTC-e Terms of Use https://btc-e.com/page/1 p. - 9.10.
4.1. Go to https://www.xbtce.com.
4.2. Create an account and complete the verification process, providing all required documents. Our staff will review your documents and your account will be verified. For more information about the verification process, refer to https://support.xbtce.info/Knowledgebase/Article/View/77/30/3-procedura-verifikacii-ewallet.
4.3. Your btc-e.com account will be verified automatically within 1 day after receiving the verified status on xbtce.com.
4.4. Within 10 days, your inactive btc-e account will be unblocked.

2. Bug Fixes:
1. We fixed the issue with Perfect Money deposits via .nz domain.

3. New features:
1. We reduced the minimum lot for ETH and DSH from 0.1 lot down to 0.01 lot for all pairs.

4. Payments:
1. Withdrawals to Paxum are now available in USD and EUR
2. Withdrawals to Payeer are now available in USD, EUR and RUR.

Best Regards, BTC-e Support
ntn9hmcr

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 06:22:49 PM

I posted an explanation of why it is impossible any account has reached the inactivity period yet.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1934630.msg19347177#msg19347177

I also think we should use that thread so every one is talking in the same place.
TravisH

Activity: 43

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 02:32:08 PM

Inactivity measures are there to protect older btce account holders that bought their bitcoins for long period from being cleaned out by
thiefs and such. If you are indeed actual owner of the account, you should have the ability to prove it in some way, but you will probably have
to give the info they are looking for in some form.

There is no chance that they are doing something like this out of greed for your few coins, just look at the profit they are turning each day just from fee's..
They are one of the oldest exchanges i know thats still running, they didnt get this far by stealing from their customers.

I once deposited a large sum into an old btc-e account address when it at one point changed,by mistake, and they were nothing but helpful and cooperative to credit it anyway.

It's has nothing to do with inactivity. I was a current member who changed my password every few months. One day I got in a heated argument in the troll box with a modorator and he told me their gonna steal my coins and bam my account... and they did. I'm now out $25,000 with little to no hope of having it returned. They are demanding all sorts of personal information... information they could use to steal other BTC from other trading platforms. Information they could use to steal my identity. Iv filed 3 criminal reports so far with the FTC and Action Fraud in the U.K. The only people getting my personal information are gonna be the police and attorneys.
samitax

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 03:24:55 PM

Hi there,

Same thing is happening to me. I signed up at btc-e 4 years ago, so I could buy LTC for my BTC. Last time I signed in was 3 years ago, because I did not want to trade since then. A month ago, I wanted to sign in, and I first had to change my password; after having done that I tried to sign in again, only to be told that my account is blocked due to long inactivity, and I had to contact support.

To verify that it actually is my account they wanted to know what transactions I had done in the past. As I have kept records, I was able to tell them exactly all the transactions I did and how many BTC and LTC I had on my account.
They then wanted an ID and a utility bill, both of which I provided to them.

After taking a long time to reply, they wrote this:
"...To verify your account send us the details of your deposits to the exchange (Screenshots of the e-wallets from which you deposited the funds to the exchange.)..."
So I also provided this! (Fortunately the exchange I sent the deposits from - Bitstamp - were very helpful).

Then, again after waiting 5 days, they sent me this:
"Hello,
You need to send 2 images to us:
1) a scan of your passport in high resolution
2) a photo of yourself holding your passport close to your face. The passport needs to be open at page where it shows your photo and your personal information. In your other hand you should be holding a sheet of paper with the text written on it "For BTC-e" and current date.
All information in the passport needs to be readable. And your face must be clearly seen. The photo must be in high resolution.
This photo of you and your passport will be used only for verification purposes inside BTC-e. We will not disclose it to any third party.
This exceptional verification requirement is due to the fact that your last login to account was very long ago and transactions to your account show large amounts of bitcoins.
If you have further questions, do not hesitate to contact us again.
Best Regards,
BTC-e Support"

They never sign with a name, btw, so you never know whom you are talking to. And you never know if it is the same guy or always someone else.
I immediately provided them with all they wanted, i.e. with the passport and I did the stupid foto too, as required (feeling really silly, holding up a text with "For BTC-e" written on it).

They again let me wait for over a week! They replied with:
...Please use the following procedure to pass the verification process:
https://support.btc-e1.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/List/Index/73/verification".
"
Now this is what the user Fedupwithbtc-e has posted above, and it requires you to sign up at a different exchange called www.xbtce.com!
But why should I sign up at this exchange, which has nothing to do with my account??? I gave them all my personal information they need (and more) and they still do not want to unblock my account.

They obviously play this game until the customer is so exhausted that he gives up, so they can sweep in his coins. But I will fight for it, cause after all my BTC and LTC which weren't worth much 3-4 years ago are now worth more than $20k.

Maybe TravisH is right and they also try and steal your identity to get coins from other exchanges. But they are lucked out on this one, because what I had there I have withdrawn already.

If they treat their customers like this, and word spreads, it will not be long and they can close their exchange, because there are so many better, more trustworthy ones. But maybe btc-e has already suffered a big loss of customers, hence does not make much money on trades anymore and has developed this new "business model" of scamming their own customers?!?

To all of you btc-e-users who have also been scammed out of their funds: If you'd also want your coins back, I suggest we all get together and work something out on how to proceed with this.

Or has anyone any other ideas or advice what could be done?

TravisH

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 10:01:20 PM

Contact the law firm I posted before . They are waiting for more complains so they can file class action.
DoriDee

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 07:06:35 PM

Hey,
I also have the exact same thing.
Not been active for three years.
Sent lots of emails. in the end I got the same template as you "send passport and photo...".
I sent them all they asked and now they are ignoring all my emails.

Did anyone ever managed to get their account unblocked?
Did the verification process you did helped?
I don't have any screenshots from my wallet or emails of transaction because I never got any back at the time.

Any suggestions to what I should do?
concavecircle

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 11:13:24 AM

I submitted the documents for xbtce.com verification after they told me to (submitted the passport photo and everything a few weeks before that), and 2 weeks later they say "We see that you sent the documents, but the verification process is not yet complete. Please wait for the verification procedure to be completed."

-_-
TravisH

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 06:10:46 PM

DO NOT give them any info!!!! They will not unlocke your account. They are using it to steal your identity. Read previous posts.
rozee
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:36:35 PM

why they should ban your account for your inactivity? it is not fair, i never see bitcoin wallet service require always active, and after that they ask for document, maybe i will choose other service because sometimes we cant always active maybe busy with real life real work or etc
samitax

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 10:49:37 PM

I submitted the documents for xbtce.com verification after they told me to (submitted the passport photo and everything a few weeks before that), and 2 weeks later they say "We see that you sent the documents, but the verification process is not yet complete. Please wait for the verification procedure to be completed."

-_-

Hi concavecircle!

How long ago did they send this last message? Has anything else happened after that?

I so far have refused to sign up at xbtce.com (and again send this different exchange all my documents), because I doubt that this will change anything. - Or am I mistaken and they will actually unblock an account after having signed up at xbtce.com?
Please keep us updated!

Regards, samitax
TravisH

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 12:27:16 PM

Do not provide any information. Contact our internet service provider and let them know their service is being used by a foreign agent to scam American citizens. Tell them this is a formal cease and desist order, before your lawyers are notified, to block American access from BTC-e.com. If BTC-e wants to steal from American citizens, they are gonna have to find another way for Americans to access the site. This will stop them from scamming anyone else and will permantly destroy their site. After they are banned from doing business in America, their scam is finished.
TheJamesFund

Activity: 51

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 08:55:07 AM

Btce Asked me to get my account verified. I have been locked out for 13 days now. I got verified and received this email when I ask for my account to be unLocked.

Support

I have been verified for several days now, My account got hacked on July 3rd. I have followed your directions on getting my account unlocked and going to xbtce to get verIfied. I emailed you and you asked what my new email address. I have provided it in the support ticket XXXXXXXX. I have contacted xbtce for help and they sent me the following reply....

Its been over 10 days now. Your email says with 48 hours reSponse and website says the account will be unlocked when verIfied. I am so stressing and sick over this. I have placed so much with you. I have no access, Please help. Thank you.

[Support] ACCESS TO my btce account
Dear Client,

Thank you for contacting xBTCe Support.

Please note, you're now contacting xBTCe, not btc-e company. Your xBTCe account was successfully verified. Unfortunately we don't have access to any btc-e accounts. Please contact btc-e support team directly regarding this issue. Thank you for understanding.

Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,
xBTCe
slacker

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 01:32:15 PM

Please note, you're now contacting xBTCe, not btc-e company

You are sending your complains to the wrong address.

You should find the BTC-E.com's help desk.

1. Go to official BTC-E.com website (it.s BTC-e.com).
2. Click on the "Support" link (it's on the website's footer).
3. Click on "Submit a Ticket".

https://i.imgur.com/9b9nsp9.png

It looks that they are very busy. I sent them docs for verification 6 days ago and there is no result.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: