Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 03:20:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocoin Mining Information -- find the most profitable coin to mine!  (Read 61237 times)
area

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 04:27:47 PM

its sorted by market cap (measured in BTC)

Yup, that was super-obvious and I'm an idiot. Duly noted.

I've been working on something that switches between mining different crypto coins automatically based on what is profitable to mine at the moment, that uses this site for its information. I assume lots of other people have been doing the same, but not publicising it. I'm honestly not sure about the consequences of coin-hopping being done en-mass, especially after seeing what happened with Terracoin in the last few days.

I've already had it available for a little while, but I thought I'd publicise it a bit more now. It does require a lot of configuration on the user's part, but that's inevitable with something this complicated. Only tested on Linux - Windows users, you're on your own.

https://github.com/area/CryptoSwitcher

Input appreciated. And if anyone goes so far as to look at the code... I apologise!
sal002

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 04:58:28 PM

I've been working on something that switches between mining different crypto coins automatically based on what is profitable to mine at the moment, that uses this site for its information. I assume lots of other people have been doing the same, but not publicising it. I'm honestly not sure about the consequences of coin-hopping being done en-mass, especially after seeing what happened with Terracoin in the last few days.

I've already had it available for a little while, but I thought I'd publicise it a bit more now. It does require a lot of configuration on the user's part, but that's inevitable with something this complicated. Only tested on Linux - Windows users, you're on your own.

Input appreciated. And if anyone goes so far as to look at the code... I apologise!

this is great!  Upset you didn't use my JSON site at coinchoose, but Dustcoin is good enough Smiley  BTC on its way to you!
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 05:10:34 PM

simple crypto-dependent version of bithopper?

area

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 05:21:22 PM

this is great!  Upset you didn't use my JSON site at coinchoose, but Dustcoin is good enough Smiley  BTC on its way to you!

I totally missed your reply to my earlier question looking for JSON data. Sorry!

simple crypto-dependent version of bithopper?

Yeah, I guess that's a pretty accurate description. Man, it's been a while since I've heard Bithopper discussed.

What I want to implement, but haven't managed to get to yet, is an option to use the btc-e API to sell all the altcoins for BTC as they come in from autopayouts from your pools, rather than having loads of altcoin sitting around that you mined in 'good faith' before someone decides to crash the altcoin.
dust (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 02:16:52 PM

IXC and DVC prices, as well as the rest of Vircurex data, are back.  Vircurex decided to keep IXC and their API is re-enabled.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
sal002

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 03:47:28 PM

this is great!  Upset you didn't use my JSON site at coinchoose, but Dustcoin is good enough Smiley  BTC on its way to you!

I totally missed your reply to my earlier question looking for JSON data. Sorry!

No worries - I may fork to use my JSON feed, plus add in the VCX trading pieces to automatically convert back to Bitcoin once mined and confirmed....but hope you got my donation!
area

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:14:50 AM

No worries - I may fork to use my JSON feed, plus add in the VCX trading pieces to automatically convert back to Bitcoin once mined and confirmed....but hope you got my donation!

Yup, many thanks. I received a second donation shortly afterwards, too.

I added support for BTC-e yesterday, and so there's now the ability to sell any alt-coins as they come in. It uses a Python API for BTC-E that someone else wrote, so if you get around to a fork you should just be able to replace the sellCoin function in the main script with one that uses the Cavirtex API. There doesn't seem to be a pre-made python API, sadly, so I think it's a case of rolling your own...
sal002

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 11:22:45 AM
Last edit: April 09, 2013, 01:16:00 PM by sal002

I added support for BTC-e yesterday, and so there's now the ability to sell any alt-coins as they come in. It uses a Python API for BTC-E that someone else wrote, so if you get around to a fork you should just be able to replace the sellCoin function in the main script with one that uses the Cavirtex API. There doesn't seem to be a pre-made python API, sadly, so I think it's a case of rolling your own...

You might want to start a new thread for your software as it is interesting.  Which API was it (perhaps I can port the API over as well)?

FYI - I have Freicoin (which looks somewhat profitable even though there are two steps to convert to BTC) and Bytecoin added to coinchoose now.  Shaky exchanges on both, but thought it would be interesting to see where these two are at.
area

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 01:42:25 PM

You might want to start a new thread for your software as it is interesting.  Which API was it (perhaps I can port the API over as well)?

FYI - I have Freicoin (which looks somewhat profitable even though there are two steps to convert to BTC) and Bytecoin added to coinchoose now.  Shaky exchanges on both, but thought it would be interesting to see where these two are at.

I'll make a thread in the next day or two when I feel like it's ready for that additional exposure Smiley. I'm currently working on introducing your JSON feed, as you have additional coins, as you point out. The JSON feed is reporting an absurdly high ratio for LTC mining though, and I don't know why; it's correctly displayed on the main site. I'm also massaging the code so that it's easier to add additional coins in the future.

The API I used was the one you can find at https://github.com/alanmcintyre/btce-api/ . I wrote a python API for bitcoinica many moons ago though, so maybe I can take a crack at it if I find the time.
sal002

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 01:55:00 PM

Oops - I'll take a look.  I bet it isn't calculating the conversion right....
achillez

Activity: 874

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 03:12:28 PM

Can you add BTE?
area

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 05:20:07 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2013, 05:32:09 PM by area

Can you add BTE?

It's in, I'm just waiting for sal002 to sort out the LTC ratio on his JSON feed before I unleash a version that uses CoinChoose.

EDIT: Just realised this was probably directed at dust. www.coinchoose.com features BTE until dust includes it.
sal002

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 05:40:21 PM

This is Dust's site - which has the additional wonderful feature of a mining calc. 
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 01:47:32 PM

Nice site. Congrats...

I would like to ask for the feature to set the bitcoin price. Its mentioned on the bottom. Maybe you could change the field with the value into an input field and add the actual price per default.

The reason is that i would like to check how the stats behave when i assume that BTC will be back at $200. Or use the actual price on mtgox. Its $82 and the website states $117.

I mean the price of the bitcoin is essential for the whole stat. So i would like to edit it.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
alexcamp

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 07:05:41 PM

Dust, could it be possible to automatically fill the textbox using info embedded un the URL ?

Something like http://dustcoin.com/mining?hash_rate_scrypt=950

dust (OP)

Activity: 840

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 08:03:55 PM

Dust, could it be possible to automatically fill the textbox using info embedded un the URL ?

Something like http://dustcoin.com/mining?hash_rate_scrypt=950
I just made the mining calculator parameters persistent, as long as you do not clear your cookies.  Does this solve your problem of having to re-enter parameters each time, or do you have a specific use case for the URL parameters?

Can you add BTE?
I'll consider adding it when there is an exchange with an API.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 09:23:50 PM

I just made the mining calculator parameters persistent, as long as you do not clear your cookies.

Thanks, works great Smiley

davidpbrown

Activity: 531
Merit: 260

Vires in Numeris

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2013, 06:23:32 PM

Useful stats at http://dustcoin.com/mining

I wonder if it would be possible to add a suggestion of the latest build for each. I've yet to find a single point of reference for knowing the version or date of the last update.

฿://12vxXHdmurFP3tpPk7bt6YrM3XPiftA82s
actudoran

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 08:19:49 PM

+1

Great job with the site Smiley

Srypto switcher for windows coming up Huh Smiley
alexcamp

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 08:35:11 PM

I just made the mining calculator parameters persistent, as long as you do not clear your cookies. 

Wow! Works perfectly ! Thanks!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: