Bitcoin Forum
September 18, 2018, 02:40:23 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.2  [Torrent].
 
   Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] JeffColo - 3.5 MW / Miner Hosting / Colocation - West Coast (DC)  (Read 4818 times)
sunbreak
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 98
Merit: 10


View Profile
September 07, 2017, 11:07:42 AM
 #21

List has been updated!
1537281623
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1537281623

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1537281623
Reply with quote  #2

1537281623
Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
1537281623
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1537281623

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1537281623
Reply with quote  #2

1537281623
Report to moderator
1537281623
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1537281623

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1537281623
Reply with quote  #2

1537281623
Report to moderator
1537281623
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1537281623

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1537281623
Reply with quote  #2

1537281623
Report to moderator
jwchong
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 20
Merit: 0


View Profile
September 08, 2017, 06:12:10 AM
 #22

For - Dedicated Rack -> $2000/month + Direct Utility Payment [ ~ 60 kW ]

How much is the electricity calculated per kWh?

Can you post some photos / videos of your datacenter?

Waiting for your reply to my above questions.
pc2002
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 28
Merit: 0


View Profile
September 19, 2017, 05:04:43 PM
 #23

E-mail sent last week. No respond yet. Still waiting.
sunbreak
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 98
Merit: 10


View Profile
September 25, 2017, 08:48:33 PM
 #24

E-mail sent last week. No respond yet. Still waiting.

As stated above, we are busy building out at this time. We will not be responding to hosting requests quickly.

With the current state of the waiting list we have no available capacity opening up until late December 2017 to early January 2018.

If you sent us an email asking for a capacity reservation then you will be added to the list in the chronological order we receive the emails. We do not update the list on this announcement page everyday, we will attempt to update it every couple of weeks.

Obviously customer equipment that is showing up now needs to be setup and running as quickly as possible so our buildout is of the most importance in priorities.

Hosting requests for capacity that isn't built out yet must take a lower priority. I know this might seem hard to understand, but if you are a customer who has had equipment showing up in the last two weeks then you probably value this order of priorities quite a bit.
sunbreak
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 98
Merit: 10


View Profile
September 25, 2017, 08:50:02 PM
 #25

For - Dedicated Rack -> $2000/month + Direct Utility Payment [ ~ 60 kW ]

How much is the electricity calculated per kWh?

Can you post some photos / videos of your datacenter?

Waiting for your reply to my above questions.

I believe you were sent a PM, let me know if you still have questions.
ludovicus
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 4
Merit: 0


View Profile
October 02, 2017, 04:55:48 AM
 #26

Checking if you have any spot for 100 antminers starting early November...
sunbreak
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 98
Merit: 10


View Profile
October 03, 2017, 05:48:21 PM
 #27

Checking if you have any spot for 100 antminers starting early November...

We wouldn't have room for that based on our waiting list until most likely late December to early January. If you would like I can put you on the waiting list. What type of Antminer are they S9, L3+, D3?
ludovicus
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 4
Merit: 0


View Profile
October 05, 2017, 04:41:55 AM
 #28

Checking if you have any spot for 100 antminers starting early November...

We wouldn't have room for that based on our waiting list until most likely late December to early January. If you would like I can put you on the waiting list. What type of Antminer are they S9, L3+, D3?


Please...

I have 90 antminers orederd on the way.


​28 L3+  800w
62 D3​  1200w



28    L3+ (Oct 21-31 Batch)   
36    D3   (Oct 15-25 Batch)

19    D3  (Nov 1-15   Batch)   
7      D3  (Nov 21-30 Batch)
ludovicus
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 4
Merit: 0


View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:48:30 AM
 #29

I might add another 6 antminers (3 d3 & 3 L3+)

Please put me on waiting list.

I really would love to send my antminers to you.
Thanks.
ebrain
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 28
Merit: 0


View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:11:53 PM
 #30

I have 4 D3s and 2 L3s for which I need space immediately. Please include me in your wait list too.
sunbreak
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 98
Merit: 10


View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:05:52 AM
 #31

Terrible service


I would advise anyone looking for a hosting facility to keep away from jeffcolo

Have you ever been a customer? Do you have some experience you would like to share? If you are referring to the delay on email response or pm's? You might have missed the notices I posted about what to expect here;

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1467198.msg22218765#msg22218765

and here;

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1467198.msg21330284#msg21330284

Sorry we couldn't meet your expectations. I hope you can elaborate more as to how you weren't satisfied.
sunbreak
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 98
Merit: 10


View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:06:20 AM
 #32

List has been updated!
sunbreak
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 98
Merit: 10


View Profile
October 18, 2017, 11:19:40 AM
 #33

I wanted to update everyone following this announcement on the state of things at the moment.

First and foremost, we did take possession of our new datacenter space on 09/11/2017. We were able to quickly get the first 500 kW service up and running that first week and were busy moving customer gear into it. Starting in October we were able to add an additional service for the second 500 kW service. This was supposed to be the cadence we would continue following until the new year when we planned to have our entire 3 MW available for colocation customers.

Unfortunately there have been delays thrown into the plan by both the local utility and also with our electrical equipment suppliers. The problem with the utility stemmed around our stated load calculations and the utilities lack of belief in them. The utility here has never had to size equipment for a datacenter before and they undersized our service delivery transformers despite our indicated load figures. We were unaware of the sizing problem since the transformers have no significant information located on the exterior.

The first 500 kW service turned out to be running on a 300 kVA transformer which is being upgraded this Friday to a more suitable 500 kVA unit since it was determined that we are severely overloading it to the point of leaking oil.

The second 500 kW service in turn was also on a similar undersized transformer that doesn't seem to match their records. At this point we are unsure what size it actually is and have been instructed to halt adding any additional load until the size can be validated. We have been monitoring the temperature rise of that transformer and found it to be operating well within tolerances. Unfortunately the utility did not agree with our assessment and we will need to wait until Friday to find out what the situation is.

At this point the utility determined the existing plan for power distribution was no longer going to work as our "constant" load was not within their expectations. They wanted to revisit the plan to oversize our transformers and also potentially shorten our timeline to getting a significant amount of capacity online. They proposed that instead of using 6 x 500 kVA transformers as originally planned that instead they would site 3 x 1500 kVA transformers over the next 3 months and limit our usage to no more than 3.5 MW ensuring that we are only ever running the transformers at a maximum of 73% utilization.

That means that as soon as that first 1500 kVA transformer is placed, we would be bringing on an additional 1.15 MW immediately. That could certainly accelerate customer placement. Unfortunately this also means it all has to go back to the electrical and civil engineers to update the design, back to the county for a plan review of the changes and then finally onto the build out schedule at the utility. I have no idea how long this will take, we are trying to expedite it as much as possible.

Unfortunately shifting from 500 kVA to 1500 kVA transformers significantly increases the fault current requirements of down stream equipment. This resulted in some design changes to the type of disconnects and respective fuses. Fortunately it didn't change any of the customer facing switch gear (meters).

The unfortunate part is the update from our electrical supplier on the state of our order for that customer facing switchgear. Apparently due to the events in Texas, Florida and Puerto Rico, electrical equipment has become very high demand and disaster relief areas get first priority. We were given an estimate of approximately 6-8 weeks before we see any of that gear. I really hope it ends up being sooner, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I suspect that the utility changes and respective local government involvement will likely cause a similar delay. We're going to try to make enough progress with the utility so that by the time work begins it will be coordinated fairly closely with the arrival of our long awaited switchgear.

All this means that if you were given an availability date of late October to early November you can expect it now to be closer to late December to early January.

LightZ
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 618
Merit: 254



View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:52:25 PM
 #34

Hosted my miners with Jeff for long time and I really recommend him, Also have sent miners from Bitmain directly to Jeff which he set them up really fast.

MrJaekin
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 277
Merit: 258


View Profile
November 29, 2017, 02:23:42 AM
 #35

Definitely following this thread... Need a home for my S9s.  😀
MrJaekin
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 277
Merit: 258


View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:28:42 AM
 #36

I wanted to update everyone following this announcement on the state of things at the moment.

First and foremost, we did take possession of our new datacenter space on 09/11/2017. We were able to quickly get the first 500 kW service up and running that first week and were busy moving customer gear into it. Starting in October we were able to add an additional service for the second 500 kW service. This was supposed to be the cadence we would continue following until the new year when we planned to have our entire 3 MW available for colocation customers.

Unfortunately there have been delays thrown into the plan by both the local utility and also with our electrical equipment suppliers. The problem with the utility stemmed around our stated load calculations and the utilities lack of belief in them. The utility here has never had to size equipment for a datacenter before and they undersized our service delivery transformers despite our indicated load figures. We were unaware of the sizing problem since the transformers have no significant information located on the exterior.

The first 500 kW service turned out to be running on a 300 kVA transformer which is being upgraded this Friday to a more suitable 500 kVA unit since it was determined that we are severely overloading it to the point of leaking oil.

The second 500 kW service in turn was also on a similar undersized transformer that doesn't seem to match their records. At this point we are unsure what size it actually is and have been instructed to halt adding any additional load until the size can be validated. We have been monitoring the temperature rise of that transformer and found it to be operating well within tolerances. Unfortunately the utility did not agree with our assessment and we will need to wait until Friday to find out what the situation is.

At this point the utility determined the existing plan for power distribution was no longer going to work as our "constant" load was not within their expectations. They wanted to revisit the plan to oversize our transformers and also potentially shorten our timeline to getting a significant amount of capacity online. They proposed that instead of using 6 x 500 kVA transformers as originally planned that instead they would site 3 x 1500 kVA transformers over the next 3 months and limit our usage to no more than 3.5 MW ensuring that we are only ever running the transformers at a maximum of 73% utilization.

That means that as soon as that first 1500 kVA transformer is placed, we would be bringing on an additional 1.15 MW immediately. That could certainly accelerate customer placement. Unfortunately this also means it all has to go back to the electrical and civil engineers to update the design, back to the county for a plan review of the changes and then finally onto the build out schedule at the utility. I have no idea how long this will take, we are trying to expedite it as much as possible.

Unfortunately shifting from 500 kVA to 1500 kVA transformers significantly increases the fault current requirements of down stream equipment. This resulted in some design changes to the type of disconnects and respective fuses. Fortunately it didn't change any of the customer facing switch gear (meters).

The unfortunate part is the update from our electrical supplier on the state of our order for that customer facing switchgear. Apparently due to the events in Texas, Florida and Puerto Rico, electrical equipment has become very high demand and disaster relief areas get first priority. We were given an estimate of approximately 6-8 weeks before we see any of that gear. I really hope it ends up being sooner, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I suspect that the utility changes and respective local government involvement will likely cause a similar delay. We're going to try to make enough progress with the utility so that by the time work begins it will be coordinated fairly closely with the arrival of our long awaited switchgear.

All this means that if you were given an availability date of late October to early November you can expect it now to be closer to late December to early January.



sunbreak, are you still on track for late December to early January on your buildout? I held off on this last batch of S9s and only bought 1 because I didn't have any place to put them. Do you think you will have any hosting space available early next year?  Thanks!
PalDDL
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1
Merit: 0


View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:10:41 AM
 #37

Hello jeff ,

i send you email  can you please check it ?

Regards
a29654
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 546
Merit: 500


View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:26:55 AM
 #38

Any update? I have been waiting since august
MrJaekin
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 277
Merit: 258


View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:24:28 PM
 #39

I’m “patiently” awaiting an update as well.   Grin
btcapollo
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 115
Merit: 10


View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:10:31 AM
 #40

I’m “patiently” awaiting an update as well.   Grin

Any update on availability here with Jeffcolo?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!