Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 07:07:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning to bears: Big players in China  (Read 5157 times)
mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 05:57:44 PM

lol

bulls grasping at straws,  Grin cool

What's funny is that you calling this grasping at straws is really just you grasping at thin air.  Funny or sad. Can't decide.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 09:05:44 PM

It just occurred to me that mining economics in China would be much more favorable: you can buy ASICs and other hardware domestically (cheaper, I assume), and you have a very low cost of living so a few BTC in profit per month is a big deal. Mining in China might take off. What is the search term for mining bitcoins? 比特市発掘?
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 09:18:33 PM

It just occurred to me that mining economics in China would be much more favorable

It is already happening since 2011 AFAIK.

Signature space available for rent.
Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 09:24:41 PM

It just occurred to me that mining economics in China would be much more favorable

The other day there was a Chinese mentioning that he got together with some classmates to buy an Avalon rig.
They are forming mining guilds!

Bitcoin outsourced
rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 09:29:15 PM

The other day there was a Chinese mentioning that he got together with some classmates to buy an Avalon rig.

Bitcoin outsourced

one problem of mining in china is that is hard to get the equipment free of dust. and the lungs too. damn Sad
Luno

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 09:41:42 PM

Bitcoin outsourced

one problem of mining in china is that is hard to get the equipment free of dust. and the lungs too. damn Sad

They could set the rigs out in Africa and have local children keeping them running?
xavier

Activity: 260

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 01:26:12 AM

Sorry it may be obvious or already mentioned, given that we're talking about China

How is bitcoin going to work through the great firewall of China?
oakpacific

Activity: 784

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 04:26:01 AM

Sorry it may be obvious or already mentioned, given that we're talking about China

Bitcoin is probably as resilient as Tor, you will have to shutdown a large portion of the internet to decapitate the network. Besides, why?

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
jl2012 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1097

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 04:31:15 AM

No problem at all this moment. People can use, trade, and discuss publicly.

Donation address: 374iXxS4BuqFHsEwwxUuH3nvJ69Y7Hqur3 (Bitcoin ONLY)
LRDGENPLYrcTRssGoZrsCT1hngaH3BVkM4 (LTC)
PGP: D3CC 1772 8600 5BB8 FF67 3294 C524 2A1A B393 6517
hardcore-fs

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2013, 04:35:24 AM

From what I've read... I think macao is a huge potential for bitcoin. Why? Because they have issues with getting money back and forth across the chinese border. I read that they basically have to get paid once they are back in china since they can't bring money across the border or something.
If anything Hongkong should be the next largest exchange.

Bringing money from and to mainland is never a problem in HK. And HK has the best banking network with the Western. If BTC needs to grow in China, HK is the hub for it.

WRONG!!!!!
There is a LEGAL limit of 10-20kRMB of RMB that can be hand carried across the border. Anything outside of that range CAN BE CONFISCATED.
to do an IBT (inter-bank trnsfer, requires a special licence)

The MAXIMUM you can change at a bank in Hong Kong is 20K a day WITH IDENTIFICATION.
Renminbi Services for Hong Kong Residents

Risk Disclosure Statement
•   Renminbi (“RMB”) exchange rate, like any other currency, is affected by a wide range of factors and is subject to fluctuations. Such fluctuations may result in gains and losses in the event that the customer subsequently converts RMB to another currency (including Hong Kong dollars); and
•   RMB is currently not freely convertible and conversion of RMB through banks in Hong Kong is subject to restrictions. For instance, for a personal customer who holds Hong Kong Identity Card, conversion of RMB from/to another currency is currently subject to a respective daily limit of RMB20,000 per person per day. Customers may have to allow time for conversion of RMB from/to another currency of an amount exceeding the daily limit. The actual conversion arrangement will depend on the restrictions prevailing at the relevant time.

Up until last year it was only allowed for Hong kong residents.
http://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/201207/25/P201207250563.htm

You obviously don't know WTF you are talking about......

BTC:1PCTzvkZUFuUF7DA6aMEVjBUUp35wN5JtF
Nemesis

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 04:39:31 AM

From what I've read... I think macao is a huge potential for bitcoin. Why? Because they have issues with getting money back and forth across the chinese border. I read that they basically have to get paid once they are back in china since they can't bring money across the border or something.
If anything Hongkong should be the next largest exchange.

Bringing money from and to mainland is never a problem in HK. And HK has the best banking network with the Western. If BTC needs to grow in China, HK is the hub for it.

WRONG!!!!!
There is a LEGAL limit of 10-20kRMB. anything outside of that range CAN BE CONFISCATED, the MAXIMUM you can change at a bank in Hong Kong is 20K a day WITH IDENTIFICATION.
Renminbi Services for Hong Kong Residents

Risk Disclosure Statement
•   Renminbi (“RMB”) exchange rate, like any other currency, is affected by a wide range of factors and is subject to fluctuations. Such fluctuations may result in gains and losses in the event that the customer subsequently converts RMB to another currency (including Hong Kong dollars); and
•   RMB is currently not freely convertible and conversion of RMB through banks in Hong Kong is subject to restrictions. For instance, for a personal customer who holds Hong Kong Identity Card, conversion of RMB from/to another currency is currently subject to a respective daily limit of RMB20,000 per person per day. Customers may have to allow time for conversion of RMB from/to another currency of an amount exceeding the daily limit. The actual conversion arrangement will depend on the restrictions prevailing at the relevant time.

Up until last year it was only allowed for Hong kong residents.
http://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/201207/25/P201207250563.htm

You obviously don't know WTF you are talking about......

Idiot, you obviously dont know how brokers/agents works.

Have you ever wondered how all those ebay sellers make more cash?

I never said its legal, i said its never a problem. I guess i cant expect kids like you to understand.

Hint for you: most if not all agents are located in Shenzhen.
jl2012 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 12:46:43 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2013, 12:57:57 PM by jl2012

Today, BTC China shot up to 296CNY, or 47.57USD. Somebody spent >100k USD to archive this ATH

Don't underestimate Chinese speculators. Some of them could be really irrational

oakpacific

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 12:50:33 PM

Today, BTC China shot up to 296CNY, or 47.57USD. Somebody spent >100k USD to archive this ATH

Don't underestimate Chinese speculators. Some of them could be really irrational

http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/chart.png?width=940&m=btcnCNY&SubmitButton=Draw&r=1&i=15-min&c=1&s=2013-03-06&e=2013-03-06&Prev=&Next=&t=S&b=&a1=&m1=10&a2=&m2=25&x=1&i1=Vol&i2=&i3=&i4=&v=0&cv=1&ps=0&l=0&p=0&

I recently came across some Wenzhou businessman invested in bitcoin, hmmm..........  Roll Eyes Grin

jl2012 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 12:58:41 PM

http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/chart.png?width=940&m=btcnCNY&SubmitButton=Draw&r=1&i=15-min&c=1&s=2013-03-06&e=2013-03-06&Prev=&Next=&t=S&b=&a1=&m1=10&a2=&m2=25&x=1&i1=Vol&i2=&i3=&i4=&v=0&cv=1&ps=0&l=0&p=0&

I recently came across some Wenzhou businessman invested in bitcoin, hmmm..........  Roll Eyes Grin

Are you serious? That's really huge!

oakpacific

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 01:17:05 PM

Are you serious? That's really huge!

Well I wouldn't say it's huge yet, but I also have enough confidence in their business sense, once some of them get to know it, they could eventually figure out its potential. And as we all know, the price of pretty much anything they go after will............ Grin

Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 2125

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 02:45:12 PM

Bitcoin could be big for the Chinese. Consider all the doo-hickeys you can buy on ebay for a dollar with free shipping. For that dollar, you're getting shipping, ebay fees, paypal fees, currency conversion fees and finally, the doo-hickey itself. Bitcoin could eliminate at least two and weaken a third of those.

Consider also that the Chinese economy has some underlying issues itself and that it appears to be experiencing some serious bubbles. A reliable store of wealth could be just what smart people are looking for. I bet gold is hard to own there too.

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 03:54:58 PM

Consider also that the Chinese economy has some underlying issues itself and that it appears to be experiencing some serious bubbles. A reliable store of wealth could be just what smart people are looking for. I bet gold is hard to own there too.

http://sovereignlife.com/blog/2010/chinese-government-encourages-gold-buying/

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 2125

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 04:17:17 PM

Interesting. Though that could also be said to operate in Bticoin's favor too Cheesy

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 04:22:36 PM

I'm not sure I understand his hypothesis. My take on China encouraging people to invest in gold is for them to one day confiscate all the gold to back the state currency.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
oakpacific

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 01:08:24 AM

I'm not sure I understand his hypothesis. My take on China encouraging people to invest in gold is for them to one day confiscate all the gold to back the state currency.

China has a huge gold market, it has been for a long time. Besides, I bet that CPC is invested in BTC itself, you guys have no idea how many of the high-level cadres believe in the "currency war" theory, and they seem to be particularly into the idea of IMF Special Drawing Rights as a global standard currency, probably they are open to other new ideas, and yes, they have got first-class finanical mathematicans/ analysts working for them.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: