Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:39:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How does reddit forum work?  (Read 478 times)
Xiaoxiao (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 12:20:52 AM

I'm a bit confused on how "reddit" works.  I had an account there with no activity and I decided to share a great deal that I have going on.  I am the poker prop player manager at Betcoin Poker evidenced by my signature and decided to share that in relevant forums on Reddit.

Then all of a sudden my account login would not work and I'm 100% positive I typed in the right info.  My guess is that they banned me.  However I see many enterprises have their own forums on Reddit.  So how were they able to obtain that ability?  I'm 100% willing to contribute and partake in relevant discussions before I share my offer.  I just need some people to give me some advice on how to fit in the Reddit community.
davis196

Activity: 2982
Merit: 914

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 05:18:45 AM

Every subreddit has its own rules.
Follow them and you will be OK.
If you break the rules,you get banned by the mods.
Is this so complicated?

lofty

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2016, 02:59:03 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2016, 07:24:28 PM by lofty

When reddit imposes a ban you can still login and pretty much do all that a normal member can cause it's a Shadow Ban. Basically you will be able to post/pm but users won't be able to see that and you'll be left wondering why tf am I not getting any response.
The easiest way to check if you are shadowbanned is to go to reddit.com/user/YOURUSERNAME. If that page shows a 404 error that means the user is shadowbanned (given that there is an account in that username)

if you are sure you are entering correct info and still unable to login, Your account probably got hacked. If you had an email attached you'd have received an email on password change and can reply to that to get the account back. If you didn't have an email attached then you are out of luck
Xiaoxiao (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 08:18:47 AM

When reddit imposes a ban you can still login and pretty much do all that a normal member can cause it's a Shadow Ban. Basically you will be able to post/pm but users won't be able to see that and you'll be left wondering why tf am I not getting any response.
The easiest way to check if you are shadowbanned is to go to reddit.com/user/YOURUSERNAME. If that page shows a 404 error that means the user is shadowbanned (given that there is an account in that username)

if you are sure you are entering correct info and still unable to login, Your account probably got hacked. If you had an email attached you'd have received an email on password change and can reply to that to get the account back. If you didn't have an email attached then you are out of luck

That's interesting because I did have an account there that had no activity with no email attached.  The PW worked and then few hours later stopped working (I did make sure cap lock was off).
lofty

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2016, 10:15:34 AM

That's interesting because I did have an account there that had no activity with no email attached.  The PW worked and then few hours later stopped working (I did make sure cap lock was off).
Did you try going to reddit.com/user/username to see if you can view that page ? No matter what you should be able to login if your credentials are correct. If you are 100% sure of credentials and still unable to login you most likely got hacked and there's not much that can be done. Reddit admins hardly ever reply and if they do you'll have to give good enough proof of account being yours.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: