Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:42:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: An experimental game inspired by LOST countdown  (Read 238 times)
stircle (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 09:37:10 AM

Hi! I guess a lot of people remember the 108 minutes countdown in the tv show: LOST, where characters had to introduce a numeric combination and press a button in order to save the world.

What do you think about a similar game in which players have to press a button every 108 minutes and send a small transaction, as 1 or 10 satoshis (for public verification). There will be a ranking and at the end of the week/month, a prize is going to be awarded to the player that press more times the button (continuosly). Of course if you miss a button press, then you have to start again.

Do you think that is can be fun/interesting? Do you think people will like to try to win a prize based on his/her actions and skills rather than on luck/random?

How much should be the prize in bitcoins to press the button every 108 minutes, even during the night? For how many hours/days do you think that you are going to be in the competition?

Any feedbak will be very appreciated. Thank you
NLNico
Legendary
hacker

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1289

DiceSites.com owner

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2016, 11:06:53 AM

Sorry, but this will not work. I could make a script in a few minutes that would automate such action ("pressing a button every x minutes") and win all teh prizes.

stircle (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 11:15:33 AM

Sorry, but this will not work. I could make a script in a few minutes that would automate such action ("pressing a button every x minutes") and win all teh prizes.

The press button action could involve some filters:
1. resolve a captcha.
2. check pressing is made always from the same device (to avoid that different people does the same press from different timezones)
3. send a bitcoin transaction to a provided address (diferent each time).
NLNico
Legendary
hacker

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1289

DiceSites.com owner

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2016, 11:21:54 AM

That can be all automated.

Of course that would only make sense if the prize if big enough, but yeh, even CAPTCHA can be solved automatically (either with script if weak CAPTCHA or with a service that pays humans a very small amount for solving the CAPTCHAs you give them.)

Even faucets on sites like PrimeDice and bustabit are being abused by scripts like that. So if someone could win some serious money on your game, for sure people will make a script like that.

edit: just to be clear... I like new ideas Tongue Just that almost all "skill games" will be easily abused Sad

stircle (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 12:05:02 PM

That can be all automated.

Of course that would only make sense if the prize if big enough, but yeh, even CAPTCHA can be solved automatically (either with script if weak CAPTCHA or with a service that pays humans a very small amount for solving the CAPTCHAs you give them.)

Even faucets on sites like PrimeDice and bustabit are being abused by scripts like that. So if someone could win some serious money on your game, for sure people will make a script like that.

edit: just to be clear... I like new ideas Tongue Just that almost all "skill games" will be easily abused Sad

Ok, thanks for your comment! I will think further on this idea or others Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: