Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:57:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing people to Bitcoin via a fictional story  (Read 529 times)
herb (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 04:46:49 PM

I have the idea of introducing people to bitcoin via a fictional story about a "magical rock". This rock has magical powers such as when you hold it in your hand and say someone's name, it instantly leaves your hand and appears in someone else's hand. The magical rock is easy to divide into smaller pieces and it also has the magical ability to fit an unlimited amount into your pocket. There are only 21 million ounces of magical rock in existence and it's impossible to fake it. This magical rock has no industrial uses and it's ugly. Nobody wants jewelry made from it. Really the only thing it can do is the magical things listed above. Then at the end of the story, I ask that if such a magical rock existed, would you want some of it? How much would you be willing to pay for it? Then I say, well, it's real -- sort of. It's called Bitcoin, and it's not a magical rock but a real digital currency. No, it doesn't have any utilitarian uses and you can't use it to make jewelry. No government backs it. But does it still have value? Yes! Of course it does! It has value from it's "magical properties".

What do you think? Any ideas on how to tell the story? I have a draft already written that I'll post here soon. Also, we could turn it into one of those youtube videos with the talking characters with computer voices. I think comparing it to a magical rock would help people get past the roadblock in their head about no physical object being there. Just think of it as a magical rock that exists when you want it, and doesn't exist when a thief is trying to steal from you. It's even more valuable when you think of it that way! Thoughts?
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 05:07:50 PM

do less herb
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: