Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 04:46:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Check the balance of any address in real time  (Read 1446 times)
rme (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 07:12:30 PM

Hi Bitcoiners in bitcointalk,
I just launched a new website that checks the balance of any bitcoin address only by submiting the address, no private keys needed.
I know that you can do the same with other services but this way is simple and better.

You can also bookmarkt the url given to track any address.

The website is free of charge and is not supported by ads.

How to use:
- Go to http://checkmybitcoins.com/
- Insert a Bitcoin address
- Click Submit
- Profit

Examples of urls:

http://checkmybitcoins.com/?address=1D1kFTSMQ5Grb2LvW4LsbcsMetRcy7VZ8U
http://checkmybitcoins.com/?address=1Nyu2phHedvDjp2cbb3qo93GqauR42gtbm
http://checkmybitcoins.com/?address=16586XG5i8ZCywHZ9j1cCtoNFyFmwkZ62x

Please do not abuse of the service (ddos and so), i am not a company and I cannot afford a dedicated server because i have no profit with this website.

If you use this website daily consider tiping some mBTC to the address that is in the footer of the website.

Feel free to report any errors/suggestions Smiley
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4657

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 07:25:24 PM

Perhaps it would be more appropriate to put the dollar sign $ in front of the amount?

The Euro sign does not appear to display properly.

First transaction date is nice, but most recent transaction date might be a good idea as well.

Does the balance include unconfirmed transactions? (I haven't checked that yet).
wtfvanity

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

WTF???

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 08:12:14 PM

Would love firstbits checking.

Does the balance include unconfirmed transactions? (I haven't checked that yet).

This is a good question, if not can you show the unconfirmed transactions as well?

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
flavius

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

welcome to riches

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 08:22:14 PM

It is at least a week outdated, check my own wallets and they are not accurate as of several days ago.

crime generates tenfold more money then real businesses do in bitcoin. the fact you cant accept this just makes you a kike

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.
gamelife859

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 08:24:04 PM

doesn't blockchain.info already do the same thing?
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 08:26:52 PM

It is at least a week outdated, check my own wallets and they are not accurate as of several days ago.
Example?  The ones I checked all seemed to be up to date.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 08:27:07 PM

Something wrong with competition?
rme (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 08:38:43 PM

https://i.imgur.com/estzJhM.png

Perhaps it would be more appropriate to put the dollar sign $ in front of the amount? FIXED

The Euro sign does not appear to display properly. FIXED (i think)

First transaction date is nice, but most recent transaction date might be a good idea as well. WORKING ON IT

Does the balance include unconfirmed transactions? (I haven't checked that yet) Only shows confirmed balance.

Would love firstbits checking.

This is a good question, if not can you show the unconfirmed transactions as well? WORKING ON IT

I know that you can do the same with other services but this way is simple and better.

I just checked and seems updated, please post an address that shows the issue (not necessary your personal one).

Thanks to all for your feedback, I just started at coding and I am learning.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 08:48:28 PM

Better, but US currency typically shows decimals to the hundredths if you are not going to round off to the nearest dollar.  As such the balance in the image above should have been either:

$18636.70  or $18637

Not $18636.7

DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 08:53:28 PM

There seems to be something wrong with the exchange rate you are reporting. As you can see here it says 25.71 USD, but MtGox hasn't had an exchange below 26 USD since Feb. 17.
rme (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 03:43:34 PM

There seems to be something wrong with the exchange rate you are reporting. As you can see here it says 25.71 USD, but MtGox hasn't had an exchange below 26 USD since Feb. 17.

Maybe a temporal bug (?)
Current Bitcoin price: 1.00 BTC | 23.9 EUR | 31.6 USD
Bitcoining

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 10:46:12 PM

Nice page, clean and clear, thanks.

Andrej Brda, Wili Clip, ADS Management, Scam, scammer, Gold Hunt, Fish Hunt, earn free lindens, Second Ads, goldtokens, Kingdoms & Empires, Second Life, earn lindens, snufflesbreedables.net
Scam мoшeнничecтвo Oleg Borodkin/Oлeг Бopoдкин/Glaznah Gassner Earn2life e2l-net
gambit

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 12:37:30 AM

I like it!
bitspill
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 07:50:27 AM

Very slick design, just getting into BTC but certainly bookmarked your site.

Something that isn't obvious and I found by mistake is, clicking your address below the site logo links you to blockchain so you can see more details if needed.

{ BitSpill }
rme (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 07:23:32 PM

Very slick design, just getting into BTC but certainly bookmarked your site.

Something that isn't obvious and I found by mistake is, clicking your address below the site logo links you to blockchain so you can see more details if needed.

Thanks for the feedback
frga13

Activity: 383

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 09:15:03 PM

This can't be right:
Current Bitcoin price: 1.00 BTC | 45.7 EUR | 43.91 USD
tlr

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 09:35:19 PM

A JSON API would be really cool!
rme (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 10:00:20 PM

Thanks for the feedback, I will fix the exchange rates and I will add a JSON api.
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2013, 10:13:45 PM

Yes, it's duplicating the service offered by Block Explorer and blockchain.info, but I like the site nonetheless. Nice work. BTC0,01 tip added to transaction queue.

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
frga13

Activity: 383

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 10:07:16 PM

Thanks for the feedback, I will fix the exchange rates and I will add a JSON api.

Rates are right now
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: