Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:14:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitFunder] Bitcoin Pride - Bitcoin Shirts  (Read 16544 times)
Monster Tent

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 08:04:25 AM

Why does this look exactly like the ZigGap OP? Are the issues related? I'm thinking, they were written up by a PR man working for BitFunder (i.e. it might not be a 'bad' reason). Please inform! ty
Has nothing to do with ZigGap.

We have been around much longer than they have.. Smiley Thanks for the question.

It didnt really answer the question. I noticed the same thing  and it looks suss. It also opens a can of worms if you copied and pasted and broke the authors copyright and now they can sue you for it.

Not that it is likely but you never know, the way copyright is these days.

Copyright infringement on a bitcoin stock description? Probably a stretch. I'm pretty sure Bitfunder helped write both of them, hence the similarity.

Stranger things have happened  Cheesy

FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 08:11:00 AM

10,000,000 shares sold! Thank you to the first set of share holders!

We have alot planned for all of you! Stay tuned!

Congrats on a smooth IPO!

When will the first dividend be payed? Beginning of March or April?
Hello Molecular Smiley

Dividends
Dividends will be paid between the 1st and 5th of each month for the prior months profits.
A monthly statement will be provided at or around the time of Dividend payout.
First public dividend payout will be for the profits of the month of March at the beginning of April.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 08:24:13 AM

10,000,000 shares sold! Thank you to the first set of share holders!

We have alot planned for all of you! Stay tuned!

Congrats on a smooth IPO!

When will the first dividend be payed? Beginning of March or April?
Hello Molecular Smiley

Dividends
Dividends will be paid between the 1st and 5th of each month for the prior months profits.
A monthly statement will be provided at or around the time of Dividend payout.
First public dividend payout will be for the profits of the month of March at the beginning of April.

Ah, thank you. I must've read right past that last sentence Wink

All good. I have high hopes in your business and am confident you will do your best (already great job, not to downplay anything you've done so far).

Oh, and also:

you are #1 on google for "bitcoin tshirts" from "my google view".

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
wisard

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 10:55:14 AM

Thanks. I managed to buy a good chunk of shares.

When is the next issuance planned? (Please announce the issuance in advance.)

Buy me a beer or 2 if you enjoy my posts. BTC address: 1976Nb5u1T2haoxSZnJgHaemHYYtgKmTsU
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 11:04:24 AM

Thanks. I managed to buy a good chunk of shares.

When is the next issuance planned? (Please announce the issuance in advance.)
Hello wisard.

Thank you for your support!

We do not know when we will be releasing our next batch of shares.

We are going to release more shares along with a press release.

We will let everyone know in this thread 24 hours before.

Thanks again.

molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 11:16:22 AM

I have a suggestion: I think you would have much higher quality shirts if you offered a shirt designer tool (and maybe share of profit to the people making designs). I say this because I considered ordering a t-shirt, but couldn't find one that suits my taste (I want much smaller logo (chest) and a better anti-bank slogan).

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
poly

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Weighted companion cube

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 01:38:11 PM

When I search for bitcoin shirts, I see sponsored ads of "Shop for bitcoin shirts on Google" at the top, and bitcoin gear as the first organic result.

I haven't clicked on anything relating to Bitcoin tshirts, and if you have then it's going to be ranked higher for your personalized search results.

poly | My Tip Jar
Ukyo

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 06:12:31 PM

I have a suggestion: I think you would have much higher quality shirts if you offered a shirt designer tool (and maybe share of profit to the people making designs). I say this because I considered ordering a t-shirt, but couldn't find one that suits my taste (I want much smaller logo (chest) and a better anti-bank slogan).

I think this alone would be a great tool. Especially if it allowed use of pre-created images that could be 'placed','sized' etc. Not only shirts, but other objects as well. Smiley
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 06:44:19 PM

I think this alone would be a great tool. Especially if it allowed use of pre-created images that could be 'placed','sized' etc. Not only shirts, but other objects as well. Smiley

There's many tools like that out there and integraton / licensing is not free. I think however it could be worth the cost. It's something to consider: shirts designed by bitcoiners for bitcoiners. Monetary incentive can produce great results.

ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 06:45:36 PM

Having a shirt design tool gets into copyright issues for sure. There are plenty of great designers that can do work as contractors. If you really want a bunch of random designs from the public, just use a crowdsourcing website, no? Super cheap, and you get tons of options.

Personally, I think the best route is to have a process for determining great ideas, implementing them as great designs, and avoiding clutter in the store with unpopular designs.
Ukyo

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 07:10:18 PM

Could make a community, if you want your image to be purchasable by others and get a cut, you have to submit it for voting or something. This would help weed out dupes / unauthorized a bit.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 08:24:35 PM

Could make a community, if you want your image to be purchasable by others and get a cut, you have to submit it for voting or something. This would help weed out dupes / unauthorized a bit.

Why submit for voting? You could just submit it to be sold in the store, then people would "vote" by buying the shirt. It'd have to be printed on-demand, but I can't imagine that to be a big problem (except a maybe a price increase or profit decrease). Well-selling designs could be produced cheaper and put into stock.

FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 12:22:53 AM

There's many tools like that out there and integraton / licensing is not free. I think however it could be worth the cost. It's something to consider: shirts designed by bitcoiners for bitcoiners. Monetary incentive can produce great results.
I looked up the magneto plugins and they are over $2000  Shocked.

Wouldn't we rather spend that money on marketing?

I am trying to find a more stable solution for your request in the mean time though, just give me some time.

Thank you
ahdinosaur

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2013, 01:08:17 AM

is it possible to have all of the designs licensed under a creative-commons license? imo, trying to make the store based around the community means giving the community freedom to use the designs appropriately, depending on which creative commons license is chosen. i'd strongly recommend share-alike and non-commercial is optional if you are worried about other sellers.
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 01:23:31 AM

i'd strongly recommend share-alike and non-commercial is optional if you are worried about other sellers.

This is a business, I think you are describing something else.
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 01:33:49 AM

i'd strongly recommend share-alike and non-commercial is optional if you are worried about other sellers.

Yes...

We are a for profit business. If we let everyone use our designs we are basically giving our entire model away.
ahdinosaur

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2013, 01:43:37 AM
Last edit: February 27, 2013, 10:51:13 AM by ahdinosaur

Yes...

We are a for profit business. If we let everyone use our designs we are basically giving our entire model away.

yes, i know. this is why you would distribute the designs under a non-commercial license so that the community is free to use the work for non-commercial purposes (wear it in a picture without fear of being sued for copyright infringement), but is not allowed to use the work to compete with your model. as the original author of the design, you are able to waive any of the license restrictions and can obviously use your own design commercially.
the license i'm talking about is: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/. at the very least a license like https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/ would benefit the community because because although this is a restrictive license and the community can't improve on designs, without an actual license behind your work the community can never know with certainty what their rights are regarding the designs on what they are buying.

one idea that could include BitPride is selling community uploaded designs and a cross between http://thingiverse.com, http://threadless.com, http://kickstarter.com, and http://massdrop.com. when a user uploads a design licensed under creative commons, it has an address where people can send bitcoins to escrow to pre-order a product with that design. if it reaches a tipping point (like kickstarter) of enough pre-orders, the product begins a batch cycle, where for 1-3 weeks more people can order the product. as more people order it, the price goes down like massdrop. if a pre-batch product never reaches the tipping point, pre-order people are refunded. generalizing beyond BitPride is 'community uploaded designs sold in bulk with bitcoin', would have to include profit-sharing with the design authors, and could possibly be really great if done right. i'll think about this more, and wait for open source to make improvements, http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/16y42v/chair_of_w3c_rdfa_working_group_explains_their/ and https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=141858.0, before i might give it a go with profit-shared production equipment over colored coins.

do what you do best BitPride, i have trusted you with my coins.  Smiley
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 11:17:07 AM

Yes...

yes, i know. this is why you would distribute the designs under a non-commercial license so that the community is free to use the work for non-commercial purposes (wear it in a picture without fear of being sued for copyright infringement), but is not allowed to use the work to compete with your model. as the original author of the design, you are able to waive any of the license restrictions and can obviously use your own design commercially.
the license i'm talking about is: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/. at the very least a license like https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/ would benefit the community because because although this is a restrictive license and the community can't improve on designs, without an actual license behind your work the community can never know with certainty what their rights are regarding the designs on what they are buying.

one idea that could include BitPride is selling community uploaded designs and a cross between http://thingiverse.com, http://threadless.com, http://kickstarter.com, and http://massdrop.com. when a user uploads a design licensed under creative commons, it has an address where people can send bitcoins to escrow to pre-order a product with that design. if it reaches a tipping point (like kickstarter) of enough pre-orders, the product begins a batch cycle, where for 1-3 weeks more people can order the product. as more people order it, the price goes down like massdrop. if a pre-batch product never reaches the tipping point, pre-order people are refunded. generalizing beyond BitPride is 'community uploaded designs sold in bulk with bitcoin', would have to include profit-sharing with the design authors, and could possibly be really great if done right. i'll think about this more, and wait for open source to make improvements, http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/16y42v/chair_of_w3c_rdfa_working_group_explains_their/ and https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=141858.0, before i might give it a go with profit-shared production equipment over colored coins.

do what you do best BitPride, i have trusted you with my coins.  Smiley
Hello ahdinosaur,

We are taking everyone's suggestions into our sincere consideration. I think I have a compromise for the whole "community input" issue, something that does not add too much cost on the development end, does not give away our business model, but gets the entire community involved and pays them Bitcoins for their beautiful designs in the process!

Stay tuned, and thanks for your support.  Cool
poly

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Weighted companion cube

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 11:24:02 AM

I don't see much growth potential in this company. The market for selling tshirts and merchandise has a low barrier to entry (easy to get to) - there are few upfront and operational costs, and bitcoin pride isn't bitcoinshirts.com which would help with SEO. Like others pointed out, it looks like a failing company with profit decreasing each month.

You're also open to currency risk by holding this asset, effectively a short on BTC. Regardless, while it seems pretty legitimate it's definitely not worth > $60,000.

poly | My Tip Jar
Logik

Activity: 315
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 11:41:09 AM

That's a chicken and eggs thing. The more capital they can raise, the more they can grow. The question shouldn't be about the market it should be about the quality of the management and size of the money they want. We're playing VC here. If they have the money and the skills they can branch out from shirts to other things.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
   ████████████████████████████████   
     ▀██████████████████████████▀     
        ▀████████████████████▀       
          ████████████████▀         
            █████████████           
            ▀████████████▀           
             ▀██████████▀             
              ██████████             
               ████████               
               ▀██████▀               
                ██████