Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:57:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a Loan  (Read 2295 times)
flavius (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

welcome to riches

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 01:16:35 AM

Hello. I am looking for an 80 BTC Loan paid back at 10% interest after 40 days. I am negotiable on the specific terms, but I need the dollar amount to be around 80.

The reason I need this loan is because my friends and I are planning a trip to Nepal where we are going to stay in a hotel for a couple of weeks. I have some of the money required for this but not all, and of course need some spending money.

I will be able to provide a picture of my ID and credit score. If I have to I may be able to provide my SSN but I assume there is a way we could avoid me having to directly give you the SSN. We can talk on the phone if you like, open to whatever type of verification or terms you would want. Let me know what you think!

crime generates tenfold more money then real businesses do in bitcoin. the fact you cant accept this just makes you a kike

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 01:19:03 AM

Go talk to your family, because there is next to zero chance that a largely unknown person is going to be able to get 80 BTC in order to go on a vacation.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
flavius (OP)

welcome to riches

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 01:22:24 AM

I am aware of this, and my family is poor. If nobody wants to accept it that is ok.

crime generates tenfold more money then real businesses do in bitcoin. the fact you cant accept this just makes you a kike

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 01:45:06 AM

I am aware of this, and my family is poor. If nobody wants to accept it that is ok.

Many poor people in the world. I am not rich but I live within my means. No money no extras, that simple.
Is it 80BTC or $80?
If you are poor, how would you repay? What collateral could you provide?

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
flavius (OP)

welcome to riches

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 01:49:38 AM

80 bitcoins. I am not poor myself but do not have that money right now.

I will have the money after 40 days because I will get paid before then. I am taking an unpaid vacation for the trip and my payday when I get back will be enough to repay the loan.

I have a credit card if that amounts to anything, I don't know what people want from me during this process.

KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 01:54:21 AM

80 bitcoins. I am not poor myself but do not have that money right now.

I will have the money after 40 days because I will get paid before then. I am taking an unpaid vacation for the trip and my payday when I get back will be enough to repay the loan.

I have a credit card if that amounts to anything, I don't know what people want from me during this process.

Why not use your CC? You would be much better off.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
flavius (OP)

welcome to riches

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 04:27:35 AM

Credit card doesn't work in Nepal, a lot of the places do not even have credit card processors. Also my cc interest rate is higher than 10% V_V

KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 04:31:32 AM

Credit card doesn't work in Nepal, a lot of the places do not even have credit card processors. Also my cc interest rate is higher than 10% V_V

Grab the cash before you go, eat the interest. Ya play ya pay. It looks like you want someone to take ALL the risk for your journey. CC makes ya repay, BTC loan you can skip out. Doesn't should like a win for anyone but you.

Albert Einstein
flavius (OP)

welcome to riches

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 04:33:06 AM

Which is why there is the option to say "No thanks" to my loan request.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 04:35:54 AM

No thanks.
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 04:36:44 AM

No thanks.

Edit: Haha John I didn't see that before posting mine. From random events like this I really think we'd get along lol.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 04:42:19 AM

Albert Einstein
Woodcock36

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 04:46:13 AM

I've been to Nepal. As much of an experience as it is, there are better trips you can make for 2400usd. Also if you have to ask for a loan for the trip, you're doing it wrong. Nepal is a once in a lifetime experience and having a debt looming when you get back will kill that experience. I'm not gonna be a dick and flat out say no, but believe me man, don't try and make that trip happen if you don't have the money. Go when you can relax, learn, and live. Having that kind of debt during that trip goes against everything people who go for the right reasons believe in. That is my 2 pennies. Take it for what it is worth.

Tip me for glory!: 1FKppwEjrenyhNXC9AHobgtuCcBTSLdnzY
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 04:51:36 AM

I've been to Nepal. As much of an experience as it is, there are better trips you can make for 2400usd. Also if you have to ask for a loan for the trip, you're doing it wrong. Nepal is a once in a lifetime experience and having a debt looming when you get back will kill that experience. I'm not gonna be a dick and flat out say no, but believe me man, don't try and make that trip happen if you don't have the money. Go when you can relax, learn, and live. Having that kind of debt during that trip goes against everything people who go for the right reasons believe in. That is my 2 pennies. Take it for what it is worth.

+1 -- Listen to this guy Smiley

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
Woodcock36

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 04:56:39 AM

awww, my first +1 on this forum....should I give an acceptance speech? lol

KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 05:45:44 AM

awww, my first +1 on this forum....should I give an acceptance speech? lol

Better make it quick, this crowd is fickle Wink

Albert Einstein
Woodcock36

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 05:53:28 AM

Then I will keep it short.

"Fuck Bitches, Acquire Bitcoin, and thanks for the +1"

Good enough?

KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 05:56:28 AM

Good enough?

Works for me.

Albert Einstein
Woodcock36

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 05:57:49 AM

Good enough?

Works for me.

Score

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 06:07:25 AM

No thanks.

Edit: Haha John I didn't see that before posting mine. From random events like this I really think we'd get along lol.
Grin

As for OP - we get an assortment of sob story to the downright insane loan requests daily. Yours is no different. Why would we lend to you when your CC don't? Ever heard of cash advances for CC?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: