Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:09:15 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Litecoin really really cheap right now? Or is it dying?  (Read 25685 times)
Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2013, 10:44:22 PM

Overall Im very bullish on LTC, because the value right now is so good and the upside is so so big.
I think LTC would be perfect for arbitrage traders to jump funds from one xchange to another.

Sometimes one needs to do that in something other than B, and doing it in fiat is a slow, expensive hassle...

Seems that if more xchanges besides BTC-E offered LTC funding, that would help arbitrage traders, and all xchanges also.

Maybe i am missing some reason why the xchange operators are not doing that?  Huh

I'm pretty sure you can deposit and withdraw LTC on all of the major altcoin exchanges.  I haven't done it, but I have done it with Terracoin.

imanikin

Activity: 702
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 11:05:49 PM

Seems that if more xchanges besides BTC-E offered LTC funding, that would help arbitrage traders, and all xchanges also.

Maybe i am missing some reason why the xchange operators are not doing that?  Huh
I'm pretty sure you can deposit and withdraw LTC on all of the major altcoin exchanges.  I haven't done it, but I have done it with Terracoin.
Perhaps, but the ones that really matter are the top 5-10 B xchanges. Of those, i think only BTC-E works with LTC, right?

In any case, i hope they all get replaced soon with ripple, or a dark p2p xchange.

I criticized and disagreed with jed on the way he envisions a good xchange, both when he owned MtGox and afterwards, but i think he was wise to unload MtG. He is smart enough to see that MtG and the like is the past of xchanges, and the future is with the ripple p2p model he is developing now. I am grateful for that, and wish him well!  Smiley

weex
Legendary

Activity: 1102
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 11:16:40 PM

The http://litecoin.org page has been updated.
good work on coindl.com weex, sweet site
Thanks nameface. Epicly derailed thread is epicly derailed.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2013, 11:33:25 PM

BTC-E is by far the largest Litecoin exchange.

But several vocal Litecoin groupies have decided to boycott BTC-E as a result of their hissy fit over their support for a second scrypt-based altcoin.

ASICs should recharge Litecoin's batteries once they drive difficulty out of sight for GPU miners.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
imanikin

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 11:53:27 PM

But several vocal Litecoin groupies have decided to boycott BTC-E as a result of their hissy fit over their support for a second scrypt-based altcoin.

ASICs should recharge Litecoin's batteries once they drive difficulty out of sight for GPU miners.
I think what's needed is more uses for LTC. Using it as an cheap arbitrage pipeline between exchanges would increase its usefulness.

Maybe the LTC community should lobby the other B xchanges to do that..

One could probably come out of BTC-E to ripple in LTC, xchange to BTC there, and arrive at another xchange in BTC.  Huh

But it would be more useful to leave one xchange in something other than B or fiat and arrive at another  in something other than B or fiat, such as in LTC.

bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441
Merit: 1000

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 12:32:59 AM

For quite some time now, speculative interest has been flowing out of LTC to BTC and newer shiner stuff, this outflow seems to be drying up.

Looks like it's ready to catch a fire, just need a little sparkle ...
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 12:37:10 AM

Overall Im very bullish on LTC, because the value right now is so good and the upside is so so big.
I think LTC would be perfect for arbitrage traders to jump funds from one xchange to another.

Sometimes one needs to do that in something other than B, and doing it in fiat is a slow, expensive hassle...

Take a look at Ripple. When it gets more wide spread you will be able to use it to send USD from one exchange to another as easily almost as sending bitcoin.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
imanikin

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 03:11:24 AM

Take a look at Ripple. When it gets more wide spread you will be able to use it to send USD from one exchange to another as easily almost as sending bitcoin.
Right. I mentioned that earlier. That would be a 2-hop process though, with all the accompanying rules when moving USD, so that the US.gov doesn't come after them.

I am hoping the whole trade can just happen on ripple, or OpenTransaction servers eventually. Until then, it would be useful for arbitrage to be able to move funds in 1 hop from 1 xchange to another with LTC.

nameface (OP)

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 04:21:50 AM

For quite some time now, speculative interest has been flowing out of LTC to BTC and newer shiner stuff, this outflow seems to be drying up.

Looks like it's ready to catch a fire, just need a little sparkle ...

+1
msm595

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 04:31:16 PM

Now a new question: is litecoin difficulty really going to spike, and will that bring the price back up?

neotrix

Activity: 428

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2013, 06:25:35 PM

I think what's needed is more uses for LTC. Using it as an cheap arbitrage pipeline between exchanges would increase its usefulness.

One could probably come out of BTC-E to ripple in LTC, xchange to BTC there, and arrive at another xchange in BTC.  Huh

But it would be more useful to leave one xchange in something other than B or fiat and arrive at another  in something other than B or fiat, such as in LTC.

A new exchange coming soon to offer new alternative to btc-e, Mtgox... More infos (the demo)coming in next days.

Crypto-trade.com : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=149458.0
https://koddos.com and http://kovpslayer.com.  "Bitcointalkdiscount" to get 10% discount recurring.
imanikin

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 08:19:09 PM

No, actually one can't do that, unless BTC-E becomes a ripple LTC gateway. Do any of you the BTC-E regulars know whether there is any talk or plans of that at BTC-E?

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 08:25:47 PM

A new exchange coming soon to offer new alternative to btc-e, Mtgox... More infos (the demo)coming in next days.

looking forward!

more or less retired.
chriswilmer
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2013, 02:20:55 AM

Awesome, can't wait!
meebs

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 02:33:53 AM

umm.. the price of litecoins has remained pretty constant at around 6-7 cents USD each..

its BTC that has catapulted up in value, while LTC has stayed put

▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
           ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄
        ▄██████▀▀             ▀▀██████▄
      ▄█████▀▀                    ▀▀█████▄
     █████▀                          ▀█████
    ████▀          ▄▄███████▄▄         ▀████
   ████▌        ▄██▀▀▀    ▀▀▀██▄        ▐████
  ████▌       ▄██▀            ▀██▄       ▐████
 ▐████       ██▀   ▄▄█▀▀▀█▄▄    ▀██       ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▀  ▄▄   ▀▀             ▐████
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
▐████       ██  ▐█  ▐█                     ████▌
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▄  ▀▀   ▄▄    ██▀      ▐████
 ▐████       ██▄   ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀    ██▌       ████▌
  █████       ▀██▄            ▄██▀       █████
   █████        ▀██▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██▀        █████
    █████          ▀▀███████▀▀         █████
     █████▄                          ▄█████
      ▀█████▄▄                    ▄▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄             ▄▄██████▀
           ▀████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀
              ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀▀
Global Cryptocurrency
          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

DECENTRALISING PRODUCTION, LOGISTICS AND PAYMENT 
                ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   3D SERVICE      32 BAY     GCC WEBWALLET
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Monster Tent

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 06:32:55 AM

If you can setup a LTC to XRP gateway you would kick btc-e ass.

neotrix

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2013, 11:51:17 AM

Noted anyway this exchange will be owned at end I think at 50% by communauty and a thread will be opened to get all idea from future users. Demo will be announced tomorrow Smiley

https://koddos.com and http://kovpslayer.com.  "Bitcointalkdiscount" to get 10% discount recurring.
nameface (OP)

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 05:51:16 PM

umm.. the price of litecoins has remained pretty constant at around 6-7 cents USD each..

its BTC that has catapulted up in value, while LTC has stayed put

LTC price is up 5 cents to over $0.11, outpacing bitcoin massively over the past few days.
Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2013, 05:59:15 PM

Noted anyway this exchange will be owned at end I think at 50% by communauty and a thread will be opened to get all idea from future users. Demo will be announced tomorrow Smiley

Will it take Terracoin?

neotrix

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2013, 08:43:09 PM

Will it take Terracoin?

Yes it will take all non-scam alto. Domain and demo will be announced in next 12 hours on forum.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: