Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:58:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kalyhost.com  (Read 619 times)
TheEQ (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 09:31:10 AM

Hi

im new in here and i just purchased a domain name from Kalyhost.com and i think i got ripped off, it has been 2 days now and i didnt get a single response, after googling i found some posts here about the same thing with Kalyhost.com and some responses mentioned talking to "MagicalTux" on freenode and i did so, he simply told me to contact support which i did before talking to him and still nothing happened

can someone confirm if this is a scam or simply some child trying to run business? did anyone get what they paid for or got refunded for their miserable service? and is mtgox.com related to kalyhost.com so i can be safe away from that too?

thnx
poly

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Weighted companion cube

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 10:04:11 AM

Yes, KalyHost is owned by Mt Gox. Try contacting support again. You'd probably get a response after posting it publicly through.

poly | My Tip Jar
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1015

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2013, 10:09:38 AM

I got bad service from KalyHost for a long time and eventually left them. I think it is just a business he doesn't care about and hasn't bothered to shut down.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
TheEQ (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 10:14:13 AM

Yes, KalyHost is owned by Mt Gox. Try contacting support again. You'd probably get a response after posting it publicly through.

i dont think they really care as long as they got the money, they probably ripped off tons other than me
koin
Legendary

Activity: 873
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 02:00:27 PM

can someone confirm if this is a scam

a few services still use them but few would describe the service as being good, especially on things like dns changes which can't afford multi-day delays.  ask support there to cancel your domain registration request and do that somewhere else.  if you can get a refund that's even better.
TheEQ (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 02:06:07 PM

i did submit a ticket asking for cancellation and refund but still no one answered and magicaltux ignored me on freenode so im worried , and about the people who use their services r they for real or is it just magicaltux using several accounts to scam?
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2013, 02:26:02 PM

i did submit a ticket asking for cancellation and refund but still no one answered and magicaltux ignored me on freenode so im worried , and about the people who use their services r they for real or is it just magicaltux using several accounts to scam?

I started registering domain names with them over a year ago and have had no issues. Kalyhost is only a subsidiary of the company started by MagicalTux; I highly doubt he is involved in its day to day operations.

Still around.
TheEQ (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 02:40:04 PM

I started registering domain names with them over a year ago and have had no issues. Kalyhost is only a subsidiary of the company started by MagicalTux; I highly doubt he is involved in its day to day operations.

and r u one of magicaltux's friends? i dont see how u never had issues when everybody is complaining thats not reasonable
edd
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2013, 02:51:23 PM

and r u one of magicaltux's friends? i dont see how u never had issues when everybody is complaining thats not reasonable

"Everybody"? The only other person in this thread who has personally experienced any bad service is freemoney. I happen to have actually met freemoney in person and believe he is telling the truth, I'm simply saying kalyhost has seemed just as professional to me as other webhosters.

I believe there is also a user here created specifically for Mt. Gox support. Try sending them a PM.

Still around.
TheEQ (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 03:15:00 PM

"Everybody"? The only other person in this thread who has personally experienced any bad service is freemoney. I happen to have actually met freemoney in person and believe he is telling the truth, I'm simply saying kalyhost has seemed just as professional to me as other webhosters.

I believe there is also a user here created specifically for Mt. Gox support. Try sending them a PM.

sending him a pm here wont do any good he'll ignore like freenode since he got my money now, and since u're a customer for over a year now maybe u can reach them and tell them about this? if u may :-)
Ryland R. Taylor-Almanza
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 03:45:20 PM

sending him a pm here wont do any good he'll ignore like freenode since he got my money now, and since u're a customer for over a year now maybe u can reach them and tell them about this? if u may :-)
You never know if he'll ignore you until you try. A lot of people just idle in IRC and don't really look at the chat. It's also very easy to miss certain messages if there's a lot of activity in the channel. If you want help, you should try everything you can.

.BITSLER.                 ▄███
               ▄████▀
             ▄████▀
           ▄████▀  ▄██▄
         ▄████▀    ▀████▄
       ▄████▀        ▀████▄
     ▄████▀            ▀████▄
   ▄████▀                ▀████▄
 ▄████▀ ▄████▄      ▄████▄ ▀████▄
█████   ██████      ██████   █████
 ▀████▄ ▀████▀      ▀████▀ ▄████▀
   ▀████▄                ▄████▀
     ▀████▄            ▄████▀
       ▀████▄        ▄████▀
         ▀████▄    ▄████▀
           ▀████▄▄████▀
             ▀██████▀
               ▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄            
▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█▄▄ ▀▀▄         
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄      
█  ▀▄▄  ▀█▀▀ ▄      ▀████   ▀▀▄   
█ █▄  ▀▄   ▀████       ▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█  ▀▀       ▀▄▄ ▀████      ▄▄▄▀▀▀  █
█            ▄ ▀▄    ▄▄▄▀▀▀   ▄▄  █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ ▄▄   ███   ▀██  █           ▀▀  █ 
█ ███  ▀██       █        ▄▄      █ 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  
▀▄            █        ▀▀      █  
▀▀▄   ███▄  █   ▄▄          █   
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    
▀▀▄   █   ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀         
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▀▀▀▀              
              ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄
        ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄
▄     ▄█████▀             ▀█████▄
██▄▄ █████▀                ▀█████
 ████████            ▄██      █████
  ████████▄         ███▀       ████▄
  █████████▀▀     ▄███▀        █████
   █▀▀▀          █████         █████
     ▄▄▄         ████          █████
   █████          ▀▀           ████▀
    █████                     █████
     █████▄                 ▄█████
      ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
          ▀▀████████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀██████▀▀▀
            ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
         ▄█▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀█▄
       █▀▀ ▄█████████████▄ ▀▀█
     █▀▀ ███████████████████ ▀▀█
    █▀ ███████████████████████ ▀█
   █▀ ███████████████▀▀ ███████ ▀█
 ▄█▀ ██████████████▀      ▀█████ ▀█▄
███ ███████████▀▀            ▀▀██ ███
███ ███████▀▀                     ███
███ ▀▀▀▀                          ███
▀██▄                             ▄██▀
  ▀█▄                            ▀▀
    █▄       █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
     █▄      ▀█████████▀
      ▀█▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
        ▀▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄
            ▀▀█████
[]
TheEQ (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 04:21:24 PM

You never know if he'll ignore you until you try. A lot of people just idle in IRC and don't really look at the chat. It's also very easy to miss certain messages if there's a lot of activity in the channel. If you want help, you should try everything you can.

no he wasn't idling he was active and the only thing he said was to contact the support which what i have been doing for the past 3 days
edd
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2013, 07:24:41 PM

Even if I wanted to act as an intermediary for a complete stranger who has already misunderstood my advice (which I don't), you haven't provided any helpful information whatsoever regarding your issue.

Still around.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: