Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:20:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Satanist Running for Senate in California  (Read 1180 times)
Moloch (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 01:26:39 AM
Last edit: May 13, 2016, 02:39:12 AM by Moloch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqMrUzLdvmY

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2016/05/11/california-state-senate-candidate-steve-hill-im-an-atheist-and-organizer-for-the-satanic-temple/

California State Senate Candidate Steve Hill: I’m An Atheist and Organizer for The Satanic Temple

Steve Hill is running for the California State Senate from District 21. He’s one of four candidates on the ballot for the June 7 primary, and, per the state’s rules, the top two vote-getters that day (regardless of party affiliation) will be on the November ballot.

You might expect someone in his position to play it safe and only talk about his key issues — improving education, fixing the criminal justice system, and creating jobs — but he’s using the opportunity to be very open about who he is: An atheist with ties to The Satanic Temple (a non-theistic group).

According to a press release from his campaign:

America’s offices of political authority have been overrun by spineless candidates who neither understand the function of their posts, nor the limits of their power. Lobbying interests have installed establishment politicians whose loyalty to their money interests have put us in an ever-widening income gap. Corporate interests promote xenophobic propaganda against immigrants and asylum-seekers while exploiting immigrant labor at home, and operating child-labor “sweatshops” overseas. Education is underfunded while our overfunded military complex continues to build a sprawling and superfluous clandestine bureaucracy in an attempt to justify its budget. All the while, nationwide, congressional representatives and senators have demonstrated that their loyalties to their religious faiths completely supersede any presumption of loyalty to Constitutional values of pluralism and true Religious Liberty. In fact, “Religious Liberty” seems to have now become political jargon translating, in practice, to “Christian Evangelical exceptionalism.”

While America suffers, still attempting to recover from an economic collapse brought on by irresponsible bankers unrestrained by an impotent SEC, many of our own politicians are more concerned with defining us as a “Christian Nation”, rather than resolving fundamental issues for all citizens, whether Christian, Jew, Muslim, Hindu, Atheist, or Satanist. Debates rage across the nation regarding religious monuments, public prayers, and whether or not discrimination against another is a protected religious privilege. While we should be tackling real issues — sheltering the homeless, fighting for a living wage for the disappearing middle class — we seem to be squandering our time arguing whether a particular form of religious expression should enjoy a status “more equal” than the rest.

This is a disgrace.

If there is one thing that the presidential primaries have revealed, it’s that the American public has grown weary of the Establishment, and for good reason. When future historians try to figure out how a sideshow clown like Donald Trump managed to secure the GOP’s nomination — if not the presidency — they’ll have to consider the extreme disenfranchisement and distrust of Americans who ultimately came to prefer anybody at all who could speak openly, and on their own terms, rather than another groomed puppet managed by insidious sponsors and a committee of pollsters.

I am Steve Hill, and I’m running for the Senate in California. I am neither an establishment politician, nor is my sense of civic responsibility compromised by religious loyalties. In fact, my religious opinions are completely aligned with democratic First Amendment values. As an atheist and organizer for The Satanic Temple’s Los Angeles Chapter, I fight for true Religious Freedom: freedom to believe or disbelieve, as one sees fit, with such opinions holding no power to either expand or inhibit the civic capabilities of anybody who expresses them.

I hope that my election to the Senate in California will serve as a nationwide wake-up call declaring that era of theocratic assaults against our Constitutional liberties has come to end. The age of corporate-sponsored candidates has come to an end. Let us come together to advance the supremacy of none, but to elevate our less privileged, and provide future opportunities for our children. The time is now. Thank you.

Lucien Greaves, spokesperson for The Satanic Temple, had nothing but praise for the candidate, telling me:

In a nation where our largest religious population fights to uphold discrimination as a religious value, exonerates religious daycares and schools from meeting basic standards-of-care, still allows for punitive beatings — corporal punishment — in a significant number of public schools, based upon archaic scriptural edicts, it’s refreshing to have a candidate running for office who advocates for wholesome Satanic values.

As theocratic evangelical politicians continue to pig-headedly overplay their hands, imposing their superstitious public displays, restrictions upon reproductive rights, and fighting for regressive measures against gay rights, the more The Satanic Temple will have to offer in the way of a counterbalance. I’m extremely happy that Steve Hill is on the ballot, and I look forward to seeing him take his place in the Senate.

“Wholesome Satanic values.”

Can’t wait to see that phrase in an attack ad.

It’s tempting to call this a publicity stunt, but it’s more than that. This is about a candidate who doesn’t believe he should have to hide important parts of his identity in order to get elected to public office. If people want to use it against him, bring it on; he’s not afraid to defend himself. If he can’t get elected by being honest, he doesn’t want to get elected at all.

It’s worth noting that Hill dipped his toes in the water last year during a special election to the same State Senate seat. He lost, but that was to be expected of a write-in candidate. The seat went to a Republican who officially ran unopposed and once held public office in the state. She decided not to run again this year due to health concerns, leaving the door wide open for Steve and his three opponents this time around.

You can donate to his campaign right here.

Do it for Satan.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinCube
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 03:09:37 AM

I have noticed several of your posts are about demons, Chthulu, and Satanists.  

Personally I find satanist a little boring and sad. Mostly misguided people making unhealthy life choices in the false belief that they are making some kind of political statement.

My beliefs about Satan fall in line with those of the Jewish tradition though I am not Jewish.
http://www.beingjewish.com/basics/satan.html

Quote from: beingjewish.com
Satan is not a rebellious angel. The angels are spiritual and holy, without any physical or unholy presence, and the presence of Hashem's holiness permeates them entirely. Angels, unlike humans, are therefore constantly and fully aware of Hashem's Presence everywhere. Could you stay dry in the ocean? An angel could not stop being holy, and can do no wrong. There is holiness everywhere in Creation, everywhere in the universe, and angels are made of the same thing. An angel could not stop serving G-d even if he tried.

Furthermore, humans have Satan to tempt us. Angels have no Satan to tempt them. Who would be Satan's Satan? An ultra-Satan?

The truth is that Satan has a job to do, just like every other angel. And angels have no free will. They do as Hashem commands them.

A man once came to a great Rabbi, very troubled. He said to the Rabbi, "Please pray to Hashem to take away my Evil Inclination. I do so many sins, and I want to stop sinning!"

The Rabbi answered, "Then what would be your purpose in this world, if you had no Evil Inclination? Your purpose in life is to overcome your personal Evil Inclination. That is what you were created for! Hashem has enough angels in heaven. He doesn't need one more. He created you human, so that you could improve yourself."

Humans can improve themselves, and that is their purpose in this world. Angels, however, cannot improve themselves. That's not their purpose. Angels are therefore said to be "standing." They cannot become better, and they cannot rise any higher than they are. They are, so to speak, standing.

Isaiah, when describing a Heavenly scene, says "Seraphim were standing around Him...." (Isaiah 6:2). (Seraphim are a type of angel.) Spiritually, angels are stuck at whatever level Hashem created them.

Humans are different. Humans can rise by improving themselves. For that reason, we are described as "walkers." Therefore the Prophet Zachariah told the High Priest, "This is what Hashem, L-rd of Hosts says: if you walk in My ways, and if you observe My safeguards, you and your sons after you will be the High Priests, and you and your sons will thus guard my Holy Temple, and I will make you walkers among these who are standing" (Zachariah 3:7).

In other words, Hashem was promising the High Priest that he and his children will be High Priests, and also will merit reward in the Afterlife, in the World of Souls, where righteous people go after death.

The Prophet Zachariah was saying that in the Next World they will be walkers among the standers, which means humans among angels.

So the angels are referred to as perpetually standing, but we are movers. Our purpose is to keep on moving, to keep on improving ourselves, and to keep on rising.

And how do we do it? By constant battle with the Evil Inclination.

So now we have to revise our understanding of Satan. Satan is not a fallen angel. Satan is merely an angel with a dirty job. Satan does not have a rival kingdom. Satan is not in competition with G-d, and Satan does not want followers or worshipers. He's not even happy when people obey him and sin.

Satan is the angel who tempts us, and the angel who prosecutes us in Heaven. He is also the Angel of Death. The angel who tries to make us sin is the same angel who accuses us in the Heavenly Court, and the same angel who carries out the death sentence.

So, no, Satan does not wear a red suit, or carry a trident. Nor does he wear a business suit. Satan is a force of evil in the world that we must resist. Satan most often appears as a desire within you. Of course, there is no shortage of things in the world to tempt us to sin.

Moloch (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 03:10:50 AM

Personally I find Satanist a little boring and sad. Mostly misguided people making unhealthy life choices in the false belief that they are making some kind of political statement.

My beliefs about Satan fall in line with those of the Jewish tradition thought I am not Jewish.

If only you bothered to watch the video, or read the article, or understand Satanism at all...

Satanists are atheists... they do not believe in Satan

None of this has to do with demons, Cthulhu, or Satan

The fucking title of the article starts, "I’m An Atheist..."!!!1!!!one!

Atheists do not believe in, much less worship, Satan!
CoinCube
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 03:25:51 AM

If only you bothered to watch the video, or read the article, or understand Satanism at all...

I watched the video. Satanism is not a joke.

In my younger days I participated in the care of a young woman who was raised by her father who was a genuine satanist.
She witnessed human sacrifice and was subject to abuse that I will not repeat here.

I do understand that most of these "satanist" are atheist looking to push a political agenda. That is why I said the following.

Personally I find satanist a little boring and sad. Mostly misguided people making unhealthy life choices in the false belief that they are making some kind of political statement.

EUROPEANTURK

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 04:31:55 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqMrUzLdvmY

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2016/05/11/california-state-senate-candidate-steve-hill-im-an-atheist-and-organizer-for-the-satanic-temple/

California State Senate Candidate Steve Hill: I’m An Atheist and Organizer for The Satanic Temple

Steve Hill is running for the California State Senate from District 21. He’s one of four candidates on the ballot for the June 7 primary, and, per the state’s rules, the top two vote-getters that day (regardless of party affiliation) will be on the November ballot.

You might expect someone in his position to play it safe and only talk about his key issues — improving education, fixing the criminal justice system, and creating jobs — but he’s using the opportunity to be very open about who he is: An atheist with ties to The Satanic Temple (a non-theistic group).

According to a press release from his campaign:

America’s offices of political authority have been overrun by spineless candidates who neither understand the function of their posts, nor the limits of their power. Lobbying interests have installed establishment politicians whose loyalty to their money interests have put us in an ever-widening income gap. Corporate interests promote xenophobic propaganda against immigrants and asylum-seekers while exploiting immigrant labor at home, and operating child-labor “sweatshops” overseas. Education is underfunded while our overfunded military complex continues to build a sprawling and superfluous clandestine bureaucracy in an attempt to justify its budget. All the while, nationwide, congressional representatives and senators have demonstrated that their loyalties to their religious faiths completely supersede any presumption of loyalty to Constitutional values of pluralism and true Religious Liberty. In fact, “Religious Liberty” seems to have now become political jargon translating, in practice, to “Christian Evangelical exceptionalism.”

While America suffers, still attempting to recover from an economic collapse brought on by irresponsible bankers unrestrained by an impotent SEC, many of our own politicians are more concerned with defining us as a “Christian Nation”, rather than resolving fundamental issues for all citizens, whether Christian, Jew, Muslim, Hindu, Atheist, or Satanist. Debates rage across the nation regarding religious monuments, public prayers, and whether or not discrimination against another is a protected religious privilege. While we should be tackling real issues — sheltering the homeless, fighting for a living wage for the disappearing middle class — we seem to be squandering our time arguing whether a particular form of religious expression should enjoy a status “more equal” than the rest.

This is a disgrace.

If there is one thing that the presidential primaries have revealed, it’s that the American public has grown weary of the Establishment, and for good reason. When future historians try to figure out how a sideshow clown like Donald Trump managed to secure the GOP’s nomination — if not the presidency — they’ll have to consider the extreme disenfranchisement and distrust of Americans who ultimately came to prefer anybody at all who could speak openly, and on their own terms, rather than another groomed puppet managed by insidious sponsors and a committee of pollsters.

I am Steve Hill, and I’m running for the Senate in California. I am neither an establishment politician, nor is my sense of civic responsibility compromised by religious loyalties. In fact, my religious opinions are completely aligned with democratic First Amendment values. As an atheist and organizer for The Satanic Temple’s Los Angeles Chapter, I fight for true Religious Freedom: freedom to believe or disbelieve, as one sees fit, with such opinions holding no power to either expand or inhibit the civic capabilities of anybody who expresses them.

I hope that my election to the Senate in California will serve as a nationwide wake-up call declaring that era of theocratic assaults against our Constitutional liberties has come to end. The age of corporate-sponsored candidates has come to an end. Let us come together to advance the supremacy of none, but to elevate our less privileged, and provide future opportunities for our children. The time is now. Thank you.

Lucien Greaves, spokesperson for The Satanic Temple, had nothing but praise for the candidate, telling me:

In a nation where our largest religious population fights to uphold discrimination as a religious value, exonerates religious daycares and schools from meeting basic standards-of-care, still allows for punitive beatings — corporal punishment — in a significant number of public schools, based upon archaic scriptural edicts, it’s refreshing to have a candidate running for office who advocates for wholesome Satanic values.

As theocratic evangelical politicians continue to pig-headedly overplay their hands, imposing their superstitious public displays, restrictions upon reproductive rights, and fighting for regressive measures against gay rights, the more The Satanic Temple will have to offer in the way of a counterbalance. I’m extremely happy that Steve Hill is on the ballot, and I look forward to seeing him take his place in the Senate.

“Wholesome Satanic values.”

Can’t wait to see that phrase in an attack ad.

It’s tempting to call this a publicity stunt, but it’s more than that. This is about a candidate who doesn’t believe he should have to hide important parts of his identity in order to get elected to public office. If people want to use it against him, bring it on; he’s not afraid to defend himself. If he can’t get elected by being honest, he doesn’t want to get elected at all.

It’s worth noting that Hill dipped his toes in the water last year during a special election to the same State Senate seat. He lost, but that was to be expected of a write-in candidate. The seat went to a Republican who officially ran unopposed and once held public office in the state. She decided not to run again this year due to health concerns, leaving the door wide open for Steve and his three opponents this time around.

You can donate to his campaign right here.

Do it for Satan.

i dont believe this staff because one cannot be an atheists and a satanist at the same time.. atheism is indepented from any religious beliefs..
Moloch (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 05:47:23 AM

I suppose the confusion is around the word satanist...

Satanists are not devil worshippers... they do not believe in satan

Satanists are atheists

Satanists chose the name because they knew Christians would assume they are devil worshipers without ever looking into the religion... its a joke... and the joke is on you

Because that's what bigots do... they hate things which they have not even bothered to research for even 2 seconds

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaVeyan_Satanism

The religion is atheistic and materialist, rejecting the existence of supernatural beings, body-soul dualism, and life after death. Practitioners do not believe that the character of Satan literally exists and do not worship him
xht

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

hey you, yeah you, fuck you!!!

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 09:11:22 AM

Personally I find Satanist a little boring and sad. Mostly misguided people making unhealthy life choices in the false belief that they are making some kind of political statement.

My beliefs about Satan fall in line with those of the Jewish tradition thought I am not Jewish.

so you as an atheist believer, worship whom? and you never once prayed to God when you are facing a big problem?

Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 09:21:46 AM
Last edit: May 13, 2016, 10:23:55 AM by Foxpup

they hate things which they have not even bothered to research for even 2 seconds

The religion is atheistic and materialist, rejecting the existence of supernatural beings, body-soul dualism, and life after death. Practitioners do not believe that the character of Satan literally exists and do not worship him
I hate the "Satanic" Temple, because I bothered to research for even 2 seconds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Satanic_Temple

They have absolutely nothing to do with LaVeyan Satanism except to insult it, they don't even have much of a philosophy or beliefs of their own, and the beliefs they do have are in many ways diametrically opposed to Satanism (eg, egalitarianism instead of meritocracy). They're just using the name Satan to promote their political agenda (and have been known to involve children in their political protests - can you imagine anything less Satanic than that?), and I don't expect them to last any longer than the many other short-lived pseudo-Satanic groups that have appeared and disappeared over the years. I could take these groups more seriously if they actually produced an original and meaningful canon on the level of LaVey's Satanic Bible, but that would require effort and creativity, and the Dark Lord knows those attributes are in short supply among these pretenders to the throne.

EDIT: Typo.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Moloch (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 03:49:01 PM

they hate things which they have not even bothered to research for even 2 seconds

I hate the "Satanic" Temple, because I bothered to research for even 2 seconds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Satanic_Temple

They have absolutely nothing to do with LaVeyan Satanism except to insult it, they don't even have much of a philosophy or beliefs of their own, and the beliefs they do have are in many ways diametrically opposed to Satanism (eg, egalitarianism instead of meritocracy). They're just using the name Satan to promote their political agenda (and have been known to involve children in their political protests - can you imagine anything less Satanic than that?), and I don't expect them to last any longer than the many other short-lived pseudo-Satanic groups that have appeared and disappeared over the years. I could take these groups more seriously if they actually produced an original and meaningful canon on the level of LaVey's Satanic Bible, but that would require effort and creativity, and the Dark Lord knows those attributes are in short supply among these pretenders to the throne.

EDIT: Typo.

Sooo.... Ummm....  Did you actually read the article your linked about the satanic temple?

Did you notice their mission is, "to encourage benevolence and empathy among all people"?

Does that sound evil to you?

How about this?

The organization actively participates in public affairs that have manifested in several public political actions and efforts at lobbying, with a focus on the separation of church and state and using satire against Christian groups that it believes interfere with personal freedom

Such evil bastards!  Using satire as a weapon?!?  Who would fight for separation of church and state?  Only Satan!

You say, "They have absolutely nothing to do with LaVeyan Satanism"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Satanic_Temple#Criticism_of_LaVeyan_Satanism
Leader Lucien Greaves has described the Temple as being a progressive and updated version of LaVey's Satanism

Read a damn article man!  Educate yourself!
Foxpup
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 06:42:17 PM

Did you notice their mission is, "to encourage benevolence and empathy among all people"?
Ostensibly.

Does that sound evil to you?
Yes. Not all people deserve benevolence and empathy, nor is it possible in practice to even be benevolent and empathic to all people. Anyone who tries will find their benevolence is too dilute to make a difference. Claiming to love everyone is just feel-good talk to make people feel better about themselves. I'm sure you've heard such empty talk before.

The organization actively participates in public affairs that have manifested in several public political actions and efforts at lobbying, with a focus on the separation of church and state and using satire against Christian groups that it believes interfere with personal freedom

Such evil bastards!  Using satire as a weapon?!?  Who would fight for separation of church and state?  Only Satan!
Or a lobby group. Strip away the political activism and you'll find that the "Satanic" Temple has nothing else to it. They simply aren't a religion of any sort, and their members aren't Satanists.

Leader Lucien Greaves has described the Temple as being a progressive and updated version of LaVey's Satanism

I can describe my arse as smelling like lavender but that doesn't make it so. Read the "Satanic" Temple's tenuous tenets and compare it to the Satanic Bible and tell me what, if anything, the two have in common. That's why the Wikipedia article starts with "Not to be confused with Church of Satan."

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Moloch (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 07:50:22 PM

I can describe my arse as smelling like lavender but that doesn't make it so. Read the "Satanic" Temple's tenuous tenets and compare it to the Satanic Bible and tell me what, if anything, the two have in common. That's why the Wikipedia article starts with "Not to be confused with Church of Satan."

Fair point... there are definitely differences between several different groups all calling themselves Satanists

You have
1) People who actually worship some imaginary angel named Satan
2) LaVeyan Satanists
3) Satanic Temple Satanists

In a similar fashion you have:
1) Catholic Christians
2) Protestant Christians
3) Mormon Christians

You also have the no-true-scotsman fallacy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

If they claim to be an updated form of LaVeyan Satanism, and call themselves Satanists... ...

I have not been to either of their temples, so I don't know how the two really compare

I suppose you could say it's more like Islam/Mormon/WBC vs Christianity?... similarish, but differentish?

Or, are you saying its simply a fake/satirical/proxy religion, unlike LaVeyan Satanism?
Foxpup
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 05:00:17 AM

In a similar fashion you have:
1) Catholic Christians
2) Protestant Christians
3) Mormon Christians
I don't think it's similar at all. The various Christian sects can at least agree on who Christ was and his basic teachings. Even the Muslims and Jews agree on that much.

You also have the no-true-scotsman fallacy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman
Which doesn't apply when the definition of the term itself is what's in dispute. I define a Satanist as one who follows the principles laid out in the Satanic Bible by Anton LaVey, that book being the first and so far only self-contained belief system to use the name Satanism. Like I said, if others want to produce their own original religious text of the same calibre and call it Satanism, then they might have an argument. But none do.

If they claim to be an updated form of LaVeyan Satanism,
...then they should present evidence of that claim. As far as I can tell, they "updated" LaVeyan Satanism by rejecting it entirely, which I don't think counts as an update.

I have not been to either of their temples, so I don't know how the two really compare
Neither has places of worship. One of them is an individualistic religion that rejects the notion of regular worship with a congregation, and instead advocates the practice of rituals in one's own home. The other is not a religion at all.

Or, are you saying its simply a fake/satirical/proxy religion, unlike LaVeyan Satanism?
Well, Wikipedia's certainly saying so:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Religious_parodies_and_satires

It also says they're are a "social movement, advocacy group, and protest group" (as opposed to the Church of Satan, which is a "new religious movement") that was first formed for the specific purpose of protesting the White House Office of Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships. Which would be fine if they hadn't taken the name of an existing religion which they have nothing to do with. It's like if atheists dressed up as Christian priests as part of some political protest, and people mistook them for an actual Christian denomination. No matter that what they're preaching is totally at odds with what's in the Bible; they have a "right" to call themselves Christians anyway. Then they act surprised when people get offended.

Moloch (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 07:46:48 AM

I still say that I'm not the judge of which followers actually believe their religious jargon or not

If they claim to be Satanist... they are...

Same thing goes for Christians... it's exactly the same concept

Mormons claim to be Christians... so viola... they are Christians...

Nevermind the fact that they claim Jesus is a space-alien from the planet Kolob, who has physical sex with the "virgin" mary... or that they believe Jesus returned to earth in America, to write a book on golden plates... which Joseph Smith translated using the help of a magic hat and a magic rock...

Mormons are Christians because they claim to be... (though, similar to your claim, many Christians do not accept them as part of their club)

Catholics don't believe in hell, Protestants do

Catholics worship the virgin Mary and hundreds of "saints", Protestants don't give 2 fucks about Mary or saints

Muslims are more similar to The Satanic Temple... they claim to be an updated form of Christianity (though they don't claim to be Christians themselves)

There are approximately 41,000 Christian denominations, and each of them claim to be the one and only true version of Christianity
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 08:39:51 AM

I don't have a good opinion about these satanists. They give bad publicity for all the non-Christian denominations, including atheists, Hindus, and Buddhists. And most of the Satanists seems to be mentally challenged people. An example here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3125972/Face-face-cannibal-feasted-human-flesh-sold-meat-pies-interview-Brazilian-teacher-sick-Satanic-cult-wife-mistress-fed-remains-one-mother-toddler-daughter.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1056029/Satan-worshippers-kill-eat-Russian-teenagers-stabbing-666-times.html
Moloch (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 04:28:30 PM

I don't have a good opinion about these satanists. They give bad publicity for all the non-Christian denominations, including atheists, Hindus, and Buddhists. And most of the Satanists seems to be mentally challenged people. An example here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3125972/Face-face-cannibal-feasted-human-flesh-sold-meat-pies-interview-Brazilian-teacher-sick-Satanic-cult-wife-mistress-fed-remains-one-mother-toddler-daughter.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1056029/Satan-worshippers-kill-eat-Russian-teenagers-stabbing-666-times.html

I suppose that's the difference between Satanists and Satan Worshipers...

Satan Worshipers, actually worship some imaginary angel named Satan, and do crazy shit

Satanists will never say, "Satan made me do it", because they do not believe Satan is real... at best Satan is a metaphor (not for evil, but for skepticism and challenging the status-quo... in the bible, Ha-Satan is not evil, he is simply "the accuser")

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 10:50:02 PM

Satan Worshipers, actually worship some imaginary angel named Satan, and do crazy shit

Satanists will never say, "Satan made me do it", because they do not believe Satan is real... at best Satan is a metaphor (not for evil, but for skepticism and challenging the status-quo... in the bible, Ha-Satan is not evil, he is simply "the accuser")

This is a really stupid Satan, because those wings will not support his weight.  He will have a lift to drag ratio of about 1:666.  Of course that can be overcome with power, but I have heard he's pretty much lacking in power to rise up. 
Moloch (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 06:32:35 AM

This is a really stupid Satan, because those wings will not support his weight.  He will have a lift to drag ratio of about 1:666.  Of course that can be overcome with power, but I have heard he's pretty much lacking in power to rise up.  

Is Satan cliff-diving in this photo?... the caption on Wikipedia reads:
Illustration of Satan as depicted in John Milton's Paradise Lost by Darodes, c. 1868. This engraving depicts Satan's fall into Hate

Not sure why "Hate" is capitalized... is that Earth?  It kinda looks like Earth to me...

Note: I am partial to Milton's Paradise Lost... he mentions my name a few times:
First Moloch, horrid king besmeared with blood
Of human sacrifice, and parents tears,
Though for the noise of drums and timbrels loud
Their children’s cries unheard, that past through fire
To his grim idol. Him the Ammonite
Worshipped in Rabba and her watery plain,
In Argob and in Basan, to the stream
Of utmost Arnon...
Dahhi

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

MERCATOX

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 02:28:20 PM

Moloch, please do not be deceived.

Satanist do not believe in Satan, they believe in Lucifer. The spirit of light who rules the world and whom Jesus is trying to compete with... blah, blah, blah.

LUCIFER IS THE SAME PERSON AS SATAN!!

Google John Todd.

He was born a satanist into the illuminati family line. He didn't know he was worshipping satan for the first 20-something years of his life, he had always thought that Lucifer was God, Jesus was an imposter and christianity was a joke.

Then he came to Jesus, casted out all the demons that was inside him as a result of satanic rituals and inheritance, was set free and went around churches telling all he knew. I think he died some years back.

And you will learn a lot by searching for the name Svali on Google... she was also born a satanist and she came to Christ.

YOU WILL UNDERSTAND BETTER THE LIES THE OCCULT HAS TAUGHT YOU.

These two christians were once satanist and they have one or two things to share with you, if you will read their story.

Please know that it is possible to be free from the occult... do not believe otherwise.
Jesus can and will set you free if you believe in Him. He cares and you do not have to kill anything to prove your loyalty to Him... unlike the occult.

Moloch (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 04:27:53 PM

Satanist do not believe in Satan, they believe in Lucifer. The spirit of light who rules the world and whom Jesus is trying to compete with... blah, blah, blah.

Google John Todd.

He was born a satanist into the illuminati family line. He didn't know he was worshipping satan for the first 20-something years of his life, he had always thought that Lucifer was God, Jesus was an imposter and christianity was a joke.

Then he came to Jesus, casted out all the demons that was inside him as a result of satanic rituals and inheritance, was set free and went around churches telling all he knew. I think he died some years back.

And you will learn a lot by searching for the name Svali on Google... she was also born a satanist and she came to Christ.

These two christians were once satanist and they have one or two things to share with you, if you will read their story.

Please know that it is possible to be free from the occult... do not believe otherwise.
Jesus can and will set you free if you believe in Him. He cares and you do not have to kill anything to prove your loyalty to Him... unlike the occult.

1) I am not a Satanist
B) Satanists do not worship Satan or Lucifer... they don't worship any gods, demons, or any such imaginary creatures
iii) I have no interest in christianity... I've been there, done that... I've read the book... it's wrong... definitely wrong... 100% wrong... zero doubt... it's wrong

There is no sob story that could get me to believe in such nonsense... it's stupid, and I cannot fathom how so many people blindly believe this bullshit without bothering to think about it for two minutes
TeamButtcoin

Activity: 466
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 03:04:46 AM

Google John Todd.

1) I am not a Satanist
B) Satanists do not worship Satan or Lucifer... they don't worship any gods, demons, or any such imaginary creatures
iii) I have no interest in christianity... I've been there, done that... I've read the book... it's wrong... definitely wrong... 100% wrong... zero doubt... it's wrong

There is no sob story that could get me to believe in such nonsense... it's stupid, and I cannot fathom how so many people blindly believe this bullshit without bothering to think about it for two minutes
Moloch you just are playing with words  Smiley Take a look : http://www.churchofsatan.com/

You are welcome in my country to see what the "black magic" can do.

Also you speak only BS! ( sorry to say that)

They are praying to lucifer ( but you said that they don't believe in any gods )
You can easily become a satanist ( because as you said, satanists don't believe in satan=lucifer) uhh but they have "church"

Do you speak about nonsense? just take a look to your logic..

I saw that  when someone says something you also become aggressive. Why?

███▄▄  ▄▄███
██▄▄   ▀▀████▀▀   ▄▄██
 ▀▀███▄▄      ▄▄███▀▀
█▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄███▀▀
█████▄▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄▄
██  ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀
██      ▀▀██▀▀     ▄▄▄
██   ▄▄        ▄▄███▀▀
██   ▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
██▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄▄▄
▀▀███▄▄        ▄▄███▀▀
    ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀