Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:34:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon will ship 290 units by tomorrow, correct?  (Read 9358 times)
kaerf

Activity: 631
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 07:09:01 PM

is batch #2 gonna ship before batch #1 customers get their orders?
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2013, 07:58:45 PM

is batch #2 gonna ship before batch #1 customers get their orders?

Doubtful.  Either we will get an update about a delay, or people will start getting units like its Christmas in March. 

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
Aseras

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 08:08:50 PM

Or everyone gets shafted and the avalon team makes off like a pirate?

/I actually have faith in them
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 08:28:58 PM

I wonder why they mentioned 2 weeks. What is special about 2 weeks?

Does this mean they are seeking certification to do exports properly?

(A long time ago, they mentioned that CE certification would take like 2 weeks when I brought it up on the forum)
Aseras

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 08:48:12 PM

Maybe for bulk, but these things are like unicorns, customs wouldn't have any idea what they are. Could just mark them as virtually any electronic doodad and it would sail through if the valuation was right.
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 08:48:22 PM

They really need to offload customer service to someone as they're too busy to perform even the most basic levels of support. I have infinitely more confidence in the Avalon team than I do their competition, but the lack of communication is again getting silly.

MonsterZero

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 08:48:49 PM

I remember when they said they shipped 50+ in the end of January....  Still no evidence of that.

for the short of memory:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=137534.msg1486111#msg1486111
kaerf

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 09:12:26 PM

They really need to offload customer service to someone as they're too busy to perform even the most basic levels of support. I have infinitely more confidence in the Avalon team than I do their competition, but the lack of communication is again getting silly.

emphatically agree. not sure why they want to purposefully tarnish their reputation if they're legitimately trying to create a business out of this.
tidus_13

Activity: 290
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 10:09:49 PM

emphatically agree. not sure why they want to purposefully tarnish their reputation if they're legitimately trying to create a business out of this.

Cause they are chinese, they like show thinks, and not trash talk...
creativex

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 10:25:39 PM

I was talking about fundamental levels of customer support, like acknowledgment of orders, confirming shipping addresses, and the like. Stuff that makes paying customers very uneasy when they're left hanging. I don't need to be told if they got a new toy to analyze their chips or that they think they're better than their competition because ______, but I do need to know if they've received my payment and have my shipping address correct. Because I ordered a batch 2 unit before they fixed their ordering problems I still do not have an order number TWENTY FIVE DAYS AFTER ORDERING. It's not the least bit comfortable.

kaerf

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 10:48:59 PM

Seems like they "talked" about having shipped lots of units (at least 40 + 53). Show me.

I was talking about fundamental levels of customer support, like acknowledgment of orders, confirming shipping addresses, and the like. Stuff that makes paying customers very uneasy when they're left hanging. I don't need to be told if they got a new toy to analyze their chips or that they think they're better than their competition because ______, but I do need to know if they've received my payment and have my shipping address correct. Because I ordered a batch 2 unit before they fixed their ordering problems I still do not have an order number TWENTY FIVE DAYS AFTER ORDERING. It's not the least bit comfortable.

selling technology is more than just technical skills. show me the business acumen.
kaerf

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 12:53:55 AM

welp it's march 1st forum time.

good job avalon team. glad you were able to ship everything on time like you said. no news is good news, right?

/
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 07:26:05 AM

OK, we can pretty sure that they did not ship 50+ miner one month ago. Yifu seems was lying about the shipping status.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
creativex

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 07:31:03 AM

OK, we can pretty sure that they did not ship 50+ miner one month ago. Yifu seems was lying about the shipping status.

Dishonesty seems to be a pre-requisite for ASIC vendors...unfortunately.

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 07:35:02 AM

It's pretty annoying that Yifu's last activity shows him as online 5 minutes ago and yet no updates on the shipping of Avalon units have been posted.  Bad news would be better than no news.  Avoiding the question just makes businesses look sketchy.

Being first to market is pretty meaningless if you can't actually get units into the hands of those who've ordered.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
cedivad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 08:08:32 AM

Bitsyncomguy: units are all shipped, you will receive them in 3 weeks top. No tracking, I'm sorry.

(I'm trolling but that's the update I'm excepting)

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2013, 08:29:51 AM

It's pretty annoying that Yifu's last activity shows him as online 5 minutes ago and yet no updates on the shipping of Avalon units have been posted.  Bad news would be better than no news.  Avoiding the question just makes businesses look sketchy.

Being first to market is pretty meaningless if you can't actually get units into the hands of those who've ordered.

Let me see if I have this right. They have no time to pen because they are too busy assembling, but have time to read several times daily.
Bowjob

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 10:23:59 AM

Since he didn't say squat, I assume he's just torturing Batch 1 just to surprise the customers.. Kinda like how Satoshi dice 0 will scare you with a monkey.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
BitSyncom

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 10:39:46 AM

Since he didn't say squat, I assume he's just torturing Batch 1 just to surprise the customers.. Kinda like how Satoshi dice 0 will scare you with a monkey.

https://i.imgur.com/KzY4tPF.jpg  Wink

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 10:43:12 AM

https://i.imgur.com/KzY4tPF.jpg  Wink

w00t.  Now if only they had wings so they could fly to their destinations.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: