Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:46:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing "Coin Watcher" - 4 day free trial  (Read 1168 times)
jibjabz (OP)

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 08:10:28 PM

Hi guys, I've been a member of the Bitcoin community for around a month now. I've enjoyed it and have appreciated how smoothly all my transactions have gone so far.

I've launched a new service called the "Coin Watcher." You can read more about it here
http://coinwatcheralerts.blogspot.com/
but essentially it's a service that sends you an email or SMS alert whenever Bitcoins drop in value by a certain amount from the daily high (20%, 30%, 40%, or 50%).

I created this service because I found myself always worrying about my coins if I wasn't able to check the market every few hours. And I'd rather not be thinking about the market while I'm at dinner with friends, watching a movie, or even just watching TV at home.

It's a subscription service with a low fee (starting at .1 BTC/mo) BUT it's completely free to try (email alerts only) from now until 4PM eastern on Tuesday. I'm doing this to help promote the service and also because it's still in beta testing to make sure everything is running smoothly. Both the 20% and 30% drop alerts ran perfectly today.

To join the free trial, just go here and join the Google group. All alerts go to this group and will be forwarded on to your email immediately.
http://groups.google.com/group/coinwatcher

Let me know if you have any questions. Enjoy your weekends (hopefully now with a little extra peace of mind).
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BotherMeNot

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 08:16:12 PM

I wish I could put stop orders on my BTCs.  Looks great man!
Freakin

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 08:20:57 PM

Great service, but IMO you priced it a little too high.  Free w/ donations would make more sense, or a lower fee. 

The service is pretty simplistic and SMS alerts can all be done through gmail rules. 

jibjabz (OP)

Activity: 59

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 08:47:16 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll think about the pricing. My thinking is that many of us now have hundred or thousands (if not much more) worth of BitCoins and $2-$6/mo is a pretty small price for a little security on those kind of amounts.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: