Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 07:56:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Deposit sent to wrong account, No further replies from Bitinstant  (Read 517 times)
jarethfox (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 03:42:53 PM

Went to deposit funds on Thursday but used CVS Moneygram instead of Walmarts
due to location and time. All was well until I got my confirmation email. It said the
funds got sent to "exchange" account instead of the # I put in there. What the frack?
Went back and forth in emails with MtGox and Bitinstant and finally have MtGox saying that
they've located the deposit and frozen the account but are waiting on the reversal
and redeposit to my account ID. Sadly Bitinstant support seems to be ignoring me
now which really makes me sad. I and family/friends have exchanged quite a few
bitcoins through Bitinstant and MtGox but have always used Walmarts moneygram.
Note to self, don't use CVS anymore. Was wondering if someone might be able to
help me with this? Been several days and the items I wanted to purchase
aren't even up for auction anymore so it'd be really swell if someone could help me
get my $480.00 back >.<

[OBF-GNJWO-280]
ticket_2o3EwzV7JbR167XE

Jareth Fox
Nuro77

Activity: 58

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 04:32:24 PM

There is no difference between using MoneyGram at WalMart and MoneyGram at CVS, or anywhere else. It's the same form, it's the same service.

What it sounds like is either you or the clerk wrote/entered the wrong account number to send money to, or specified the wrong info to BitInstant, or BitInstant fucked it up...

If you take a look into BitInstant's support thread, you'll see that they are practically a black hole right now, with a bunch of money missing, and the people who run it and their support people gone/missing.
jarethfox (OP)

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 04:41:31 PM

Yeah I've noticed no one is answering messages
Nuro77

Activity: 58

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 04:45:11 PM

Their new message (at bottom of website) is they will be back in operation on the 1st, so don't count on this being resolved until that day plus a week (to catch up and unravel all the fucking up that happened this last month).

This of course assumes they come back at all.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: