Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:00:14 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitstamp is holding my money for a two weeks already.  (Read 1414 times)
Slavec89 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 09:40:06 AM

Hi to everyone, I got a situation. Two weeks ago I made a withdraw from bitstamp, but instead of getting my money on the next day(As usual was), my transaction was "in proccess" for a week. After a week, I am receiving a email, telling me that they reject that transaction, and would like to close my account. Also they asked me to sell all bitcoins on my balance, so they will withdraw all money from my account to my bank account that I used last time. I have done everything, and already for a week I am waiting for my money. They stopt to answer on my letters right after I sold last bitcoins and made fiat. Now my account is closed(can't access it, I think its deleted), they don't answer on my letters, and I don't know what to think. Its a pretty huge amount of money for me, and I am starting to worry a bit. At least they could answer on letter, to avoid misunderstanding from my side.

Who had the same problem? How, and how fast it was solved? Was it solved at all? Can they keep my money? Or I will get them eventually?
Slavec89 (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 10:00:57 AM

Account is verified and have 2factor access activate. Also it was always active, and I didn't try to change anything on it.

If they would ask to proof my identity, I would not open such topics.
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 10:24:21 AM

I am sorry for this situation, but you should expect this situation for any exchange no matter how trustworthy they are, they are in control of your money if you leave large amount of bitcoins in any online exchange service where you can buy and sell bitcoins. Learn the lesson, the main idea of bitcoin is you being your own bank, meaning a desktop wallet on a safe PC or a hardware wallet which you control and no other person is in charge. If you want to do trading do it with small amount or even large, but withdraw funds directly after you finish trading.

Bitstamp was harsh and they did not approve my verification process although I send them all required documents in their required format , yet no success so I think your money are lost unfortunately.
catlove

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 10:32:08 AM

They may ask where you got your money from but that's usually it and a vague answer is enough like "it was used for payment of services in 2012" or "I've been day-trading for the past two years on so-and-so exchange". As long as there's nothing fishy about your answer, they'll do business with you. If/when law enforcement comes asking, they'll provide your answer about source of funds. If you lied to them, THEN you get in trouble with law enforcement.
Slavec89 (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 05:11:26 PM

They may ask where you got your money from but that's usually it and a vague answer is enough like "it was used for payment of services in 2012" or "I've been day-trading for the past two years on so-and-so exchange". As long as there's nothing fishy about your answer, they'll do business with you. If/when law enforcement comes asking, they'll provide your answer about source of funds. If you lied to them, THEN you get in trouble with law enforcement.
I already had a such talk with them before. And after that I got such situation. This is most strange stuff, we got the deal, and now they are closing my account.

In any way, they don't have right to take out my own money. Its not in their rules. If so, then this bitstamp is not trust worthly at all. And I will not leave it like it is, will make hype as only I can.
Making a business? Do it fair.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 05:36:05 PM

Do you have logs of emails, deposits and so on? They love harping on about how legit they are so look into getting lawyered up. I gave up on them a long time ago after they started asking for sperm samples et al.
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 10:42:59 PM

What did you expected from Slovenian, that you will get easy money from them(LJ. B.)?  Grin
You know, bitstamp is not one of those unknown services with fake addresses and fake numbers, you actually know who they are, so, go to police, hire a lawyer and sue scumbags who run away with your money! And I hope you have some evidence, emails, screenshots etc
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 06:44:09 AM

What was their explanation for closing down the account?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Slavec89 (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 08:13:13 AM

gentlemand
Mostly. Also I have transfered most part of my money from BTC-E, I think there is some way to check for that BTC address is belongs to Bitstamp.

marlboroza
Not the easiest and fastest solution. Hope that everything will resolve without lowyers and etc. But at the end, will do what I have to do.

crazyivan
Same as their KYC politics, nothing is clear.
After careful consideration, Bitstamp decided to terminate Your access to Your Account in accordance with our Terms of Use. Your account will be terminated from the date of this notice having been received by you. This notice shall be treated as having been served upon completion of the transmission of this email.

The decision to terminate your Account has been reached following a close examination of your recent account activity and information which you have provided. It is our view that any continuation of our relationship would not be appropriate at this time due to internal policies.

Bitcoins will be transferred only after conversion into a currency. Please prepare an exclusive USD balance on your Account so we can proceed with the payment reversal, costs withheld. Once an exclusive USD balance is prepared, please let us know, so we can proceed accordingly.

For more information, see our Terms of Use: https://www.bitstamp.net/terms-of-use/

*Email is inherently insecure and Bitstamp Limited is unable to guarantee the protection of your privacy as stipulated in our Privacy policy. If you send your documents to our email we invite you to encrypt your files using our PGP key, which you can download here: https://www.bitstamp.net/pgp_key/

Best regards,
Bitstamp Team

Also guys, from the last week, someone have receive email from their support email? Maybe they don't answer to everyone at all, and I am not special?
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 08:14:27 AM

So, in short, u have not verified your account nor provided proof where did u get money/coins from?

Slavec89 (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 08:40:23 AM

So, in short, u have not verified your account nor provided proof where did u get money/coins from?
Account was verified, explanetion where from I am getting my bitcoins, they have accepted too. So that was a surprize, that after a month after they have told me that evertyhing is good now, they are closing my account and rejecting to answer my questions.

In any way, its not right to take something that doesn't belongs to you. Its ok to reject making business with someone, just by telling that personally and go with your way next. But its not good to use barbarians methods when you have license and very proud of it.

P.S does not verified, not explained bitcoins, should be a right to take someones money? Really?
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 09:17:45 AM

Account was verified, explanetion where from I am getting my bitcoins, they have accepted too. So that was a surprize, that after a month after they have told me that evertyhing is good now, they are closing my account and rejecting to answer my questions.

In any way, its not right to take something that doesn't belongs to you. Its ok to reject making business with someone, just by telling that personally and go with your way next. But its not good to use barbarians methods when you have license and very proud of it.

P.S does not verified, not explained bitcoins, should be a right to take someones money? Really?

Well, if everything is the way u ve stated, then you re correct. However, I ve personally had very good relations with them. No issues so far, this is why I ask.

Slavec89 (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 10:03:42 AM

Well, if everything is the way u ve stated, then you re correct. However, I ve personally had very good relations with them. No issues so far, this is why I ask.
Same as I was. But as we can see, this is not guarantee of safety.

In the way, if they will just refund me, all complains from my side I will be closed. But so far, for everyone - BE AWARE.
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 11:00:21 AM

In the way, if they will just refund me, all complains from my side I will be closed. But so far, for everyone - BE AWARE.

U do understand they have thousands of users and the only one having problems s you. So dont make this Mt.Gox.

Slavec89 (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 11:03:52 AM

U do understand they have thousands of users and the only one having problems s you. So dont make this Mt.Gox.
I understand that. Also I understand that I had not the most highest balance from all users. So I really don't understand why does they do such moves, and also I don't know what to do next. Hype, or go to lawyer. Or even to wait :/
Anyway, I hope that tomorrow I will receive my money, and will forgot about all this as a nightmare.
Altynbekova

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 02:42:40 PM

I understand that. Also I understand that I had not the most highest balance from all users. So I really don't understand why does they do such moves, and also I don't know what to do next. Hype, or go to lawyer. Or even to wait :/
Anyway, I hope that tomorrow I will receive my money, and will forgot about all this as a nightmare.

It's very easy. They will ask you for questions, if the source is legit and you are legit, you will have no problem answering their questions and showing them the evidence.
These safety measures are exactly what large exchanges should implement. And to be honest it makes me feel they are very trusthworthy now.
Slavec89 (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 07:12:27 PM

It's very easy. They will ask you for questions, if the source is legit and you are legit, you will have no problem answering their questions and showing them the evidence.
These safety measures are exactly what large exchanges should implement. And to be honest it makes me feel they are very trusthworthy now.
As I have already wrote, we already had such coversation month ago, and everything was clear.
zenitzz

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 07:46:42 PM

if your account is verified if it is I think you will not find any problems in withdraw unless you indicated on a problem that made the request pernarikan bitstamp hold your withdraw.
Slavec89 (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 08:24:40 AM

if your account is verified if it is I think you will not find any problems in withdraw unless you indicated on a problem that made the request pernarikan bitstamp hold your withdraw.
So far nothing is happening.

Who can ask in support about my account? Customer id is 72018. If community will support me, that would help a lot, I think.
Slavec89 (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 08:25:19 AM

Okay guys, as I can see that nothing is happening from their side, I can call them SCAMMERS. And suggest to everyone to be more aware to do business with them.

I was verified. I didn't avoid talks with them. I had more then 30k on my balance. And got banned, and scammed for full balance.
All what they have told me, is that I will receive my money, and that I can ask they any questions in future, but what the point if they have stopped to answer on them? Last message from them was received on 9 MAY 2016.
https://i.imgur.com/3X7xhrV.png
https://i.imgur.com/b742BZZ.png
https://i.imgur.com/6VaIHji.png
Any email from bitstamp(info or support) is keeping silence from my email. Don't see any reason to try to send from other email about my person, pretty sure that will be ignored too.

We have do business with that exchange for a 6 months, and everything was fine. And when I have tried to cash out, I have been blocked. Looks like they have waited when amount on my balance will be big enough, and only then scammed.

When I just verified my account, I have transfered from BTC-E about 32k$ on bitstamp. I think there is a option how to proof that, even without having access to my account.
I have deleted hugest transaction from this amount, from bitstamp mail, but the small one is showing that all sums was send to same wallet. Anyway, screenshots will show my point:
https://i.imgur.com/CqFBWGr.png
http://imgur.com/a/DKybT
https://i.imgur.com/92mgmX5.png

To everyone else, please send link on this theard to support on Bitstamp. And take all your money from this scamming exchange, don't think that you will avoid such fade as I.
At least, before I did not got my money back. If I will not get them, you should loose your dreams, when your own money is on this exchange.

I am able to show my emails by showing screen in skype or any other program to anyone, who have power to help me.

Right now I am waiting from you guys any suggestions what to do. I really need your support.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: