Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:28:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We created a new Ripple Currency: The Favor (FAV)  (Read 4861 times)
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2013, 08:42:34 AM

'From each according to his ability, to each according to his need' works with the FAV but not with the HRS.

I'm just not sure if a Ripple-like system is best suited for this.

exactly, you don't need Ripple for Marxism. Either you don't need anything, no currency, no Ripple, if people share everything voluntarily, or, if less voluntary, you need a strong central planning software.  Smiley

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Timo Y
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

bitcoin - the aerogel of money

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 09:06:10 AM

'From each according to his ability, to each according to his need' works with the FAV but not with the HRS.

I'm just not sure if a Ripple-like system is best suited for this.

exactly, you don't need Ripple for Marxism. Either you don't need anything, no currency, no Ripple, if people share everything voluntarily, or, if less voluntary, you need a strong central planning software.  Smiley

The fact is, commerce is not the only kind of transaction that happens between human beings.  Just because you engage in non-commerce transactions doesn't mean you are a Marxist.

GPG ID: FA868D77   bitcoin-otc:forever-d
Beepbop

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 09:33:40 AM

One of the reasons that Marxism fails is that it expects people not just be kind to people they don't know or like, but to work their asses off for them.
If you spend 1 hour mowing the lawn for your 90-year-old grandmother, you would not expect her to do the same in return. You would be happy if she made you a cup of tea in return, as would your social circle.
Yeah, that's how I'd see it work too. I don't know why you put the Marxist quote in there to ruin it.  Grin
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2013, 10:10:09 AM

The fact is, commerce is not the only kind of transaction that happens between human beings.  Just because you engage in non-commerce transactions doesn't mean you are a Marxist.

yup, you just mow the lawn for granny for free, without any recorded FAVs, besides your day job.

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 09:21:11 AM

The fact is, commerce is not the only kind of transaction that happens between human beings.  Just because you engage in non-commerce transactions doesn't mean you are a Marxist.

yup, you just mow the lawn for granny for free, without any recorded FAVs, besides your day job.

Thing is: you probably do favors to people on the net. I'm not saying you should get anything in return, but passing around some FAV can be an incentive, because your niceness becomes publicly displayable. Just as when people observe you mowing grandmas lawn.

I'm not saying people should brag: "look at the amount of FAV I collected"). But don't you think it would be an incentive? People collect all kinds of things (reputation on stackexchange or whatever) and feel proud about it, even just for themselves.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
sron

Activity: 235
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2013, 05:54:17 AM

I guess this project is down but I listed the XFV in my spreadsheet of new Ripple currencies and contracts anyway (check signature).

molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 07:22:14 AM

I guess this project is down but I listed the XFV in my spreadsheet of new Ripple currencies and contracts anyway (check signature).

cool, thanks.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 09:12:59 AM

By the way, on 2 accounts, I was able to fudge their software into creating xrp from thin air. Nothing traded, 1 of the times it was in making fake orders at bitstamps system. Yeah this should not be used outside of a test environment yet.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
dchapes

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 07:29:57 PM

By the way, on 2 accounts, I was able to fudge their software into creating xrp from thin air. Nothing traded, 1 of the times it was in making fake orders at bitstamps system. Yeah this should not be used outside of a test environment yet.

If true, collect your reward: https://ripple.com/bug-bounty/

IMO, Ripple questions are best asked (and answered) on the Ripple forum and/or StackExchange
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 07:23:44 PM

IMO a centralized FAV with transferable "own you one"ship doesn't make sense (see the post by moocowpong1 for an example of an issue). Each individual and/or organization should be issuing their own FAVs whenever someone does them a favor, and those FAVs can only be "cashed out" by having the original issuer do you a favor. So in that example by moocowpong1, he does end up getting a POTUS-FAV, and Joe's balance of POTUS-FAVs remain unchanged after the transaction. The only way Joe could have a POTUS-FAV would be if either the president own him a favor directly, or if Joe buys a POTUS-FAV from someone else.

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
painintheneck

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 08:51:12 PM

and: FUCK, I'm already indebted Wink

lol @ -1 fav's!

that's a louis CK joke I think
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 10:54:20 PM

That is exactly how it is supposed to work, you own 1 favor to whoever got 1 positive FAV...

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
painintheneck

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 01:30:19 AM

That is exactly how it is supposed to work, you own 1 favor to whoever got 1 positive FAV...

I'm so poor, I'm negative favors!
molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 07:27:40 AM

I'm so poor, I'm negative favors!

My name is Earl...

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: