Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:55:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: This is the internet. Why can't you just block people you don't like?  (Read 268 times)
TheGr33k (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 10:21:05 AM

For me personally, I've always been the kind of person to not be so annoyed or angered by people who are quite obviously trying to annoy me. Or if they're not, I still don't get annoyed because why should I be annoyed of someone that's just being themselves...I don't understand.

So anyway, a couple of my old BitcoinTalk friends and I were chatting on Skype and we somehow managed to have a conversation about all the recent bans on BitcoinTalk. I haven't been on BitcoinTalk for a while now and I don't really log in frequently anymore so I didn't know banning was becoming a thing. I don't really understand that because this site doesn't really have any rules. Yes we have the unofficial ones but they're completely shattered by the 23rd rule which states "When deciding if a user has broken the rules, the staff have the right to follow their interpretation of the rules". To explain that better, it basically means the mods can do what they want because they're mods. Not only that, plenty of scammers who are deep in red ratings are still here so I just don't understand. It reminded me of when a certain mod (won't say names) threatened to ban me because he didn't like me personally and I honestly started laughing. If you don't like somebody and you abuse your status and ban them based on personal dislike, they're just gonna come back anyway and circumvent any negative ratings so don't do that.

Why can't people just be mature and block somebody they don't like instead of starting issues with people? Just because you don't appreciate the presence of someone here, doesn't automatically mean that every single person here feels the same about that same person. That's why I offered to enhance the ignore feature. My offer is still very much open because I have to be honest and say that it's a little annoying that people I dislike still get to post in my threads. To be honest, I would be okay with that if I didn't have to actually see it. The ignore feature is just terrible.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: