Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:19:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Core  (Read 2935 times)
chris2276 (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 05:58:08 PM

Hello !

I have big Problem : I bought Bitcoins on coinimal and intalled the software Bitcoin core. There is menü point incoming Adresse . there was 1 Adresse that i copied and put to my Order on coinimal. I complete the transaction but on my Softwaretool is no incoming. Can everybody help me fast ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6595

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2016, 05:59:18 PM

Are you fully synced yet? If not, then you will have to wait until you are synced, only then will you see the Bitcoin. Don't worry, the Bitcoin is not lost.

chris2276 (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 06:21:13 PM

Bestelldetails
Bestell ID    9325469754941707494
Datum    2016-05-14 18:27:18
Typ    Kauf
EUR Betrag    40.0000 EUR
Betrag an Cryptocoins    0.09533254 BTC
Preis    411.2972 EUR
Zahlungsmethode    SOFORTÜberweisung
SOFORTÜberweisung Gebühr    0.7900 EUR
Zahlungsreferenz    2576628552
Auszahlung an    17qKqrRSnWuX4YgTqczs7xPmpYKuUsGgGJ
Status    Fertig
Transaktions-ID    1a89f169992b4d55922e281eae2968ea81d06d54d0d2d208b4a8dfa57287a5a8
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 06:23:29 PM

Transaktions-ID    1a89f169992b4d55922e281eae2968ea81d06d54d0d2d208b4a8dfa57287a5a8

Don't worry mate,the transaction is complete with 13 conformations.You can check it here https://blockchain.info/address/17qKqrRSnWuX4YgTqczs7xPmpYKuUsGgGJ .Just wait for the wallet to sync with the server,the new balance shall be displayed.
chris2276 (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 06:28:41 PM

How can i sync manualy ? Is there a Website, where i see the Bitcoins ? I have the Tool but is there a Website (Wallet) where i can sync ?
altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 06:31:40 PM

How can i sync manualy ? Is there a Website, where i see the Bitcoins ? I have the Tool but is there a Website (Wallet) where i can sync ?

There are a couple ways to export keys and import them into an spv wallet (these ones do not need to sync the full blockchain). However, for a new user this might be fairly complex.

If there isn't any urgency, it might be best to just keep your PC and bitcoin core running until its synced tough.

If its urgent, let us know and we'll try to show you how to export/import

Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 06:36:46 PM

The synchronization takes time as if I'm not wrong it downloads 7gb of the data ,depends on the speed of your internet connection really .You can see your bitcoins in the link I posted above,it shows the balance in your wallet.There is no specific website to as such,your wallet is everything you need.The sync happens in your wallet itself through the network.Avoid all the trouble,use a lightweight client like electrum.
2c0de

Activity: 138
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 07:05:22 PM

Synchronisation takes many hours. When your app is synchronised your balance will show.

DHjxvnHB9RirtPbvkovSotn1fY2poNffoi
LWeT4wwDVdJ9x49UcXPyS6CznRpbQFM6nx
0x96273C2FD825f0A2745d917bbbfabD6032dC1aDD
chris2276 (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 07:13:47 PM

i dont want wait. Can i use eletrum Software for this ? I have installed it but how can i transfer the Bitcoins ?
altcoinhosting

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 07:26:12 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2016, 07:48:13 PM by altcoinhosting

Okay guys, there are a couple things i wish to rectify here... Also, OP, i've tried to answer your question at the bottom of this post:

Disclaimer: i have bitcoind running on a linux server, i haven't updated for a while, so if something substantially changed in the last couple of versions, this post might be inaccurate. Also, i usually run bitcoind, not bitcoin-qt (the gui). They use the same blockchain, so everything for bitcoind should be more or less the same for bitcoin-qt:

1) it can take days/weeks to synchronise bitcoin core (but defenately not hours, unless you have access to a 64 core XEON server with 256 Gb ram and RAID5 SSD disks on a really fast network). It depends on many factors: your cpu, the speed of your disks, your memory, your internet connection. The last time i synced the blockchain, it took me over 2 days on a server with 16 Gb ram, 15k rpm disks, 4 XEON processors and a really fast network. You can check how far along the synchronisation is by either looking at the bitcoin-qt gui, or looking in the debug.log (since i run bitcoind i only know/can verify to look into the debug.log, but if i remember correctly, the gui also indicated how much of the blockchain was already synced... I did not verify this tough).

2) On my server, i have a dedicated bitcoin-user, the partition in which the blockchain resides is 90+ Gb, and contains allmost only block data. It is allmost full.

OP: before you do ANYTHING, ALWAYS backup your wallet.dat!!! in linux you can find this file in ~/.bitcoin/wallet.dat if you did a default installation, in windows it's somewhere else, you can either use google, or use your windows searchfunction to find it.

OP: to answer your question, a very little lecture... I've tried to keep the explanation newbie-friendly and might have omitted some details, so you cannot use this explanation as a fact, more as a tool to explain what is happening:
A wallet is a piece of software that has a specific task: maintaining your private keys. A private key is the basis of bitcoin. It is (as the name says) a piece of text that you NEED to keep PRIVATE. It is used to controll your bitcoins. Your address is derived from this private key, but can be shared. If somebody gets your private key, he controlls your address and can send your coins to himself!!! I'm tired, and for this little lecture it's a bit to much to give the technical explanation of how this works exactly.
Bitcoin-qt (the client you installed) manages your private keys. It is designed to generate a new private key (and a new address) each time you send coins (to collect your change). It also generates a new private key each time you request coins. Your wallet might manage hundreds of private keys!!! Electrum is a different wallet, it also manages private keys, the big difference is that electrum only download (very small) headers. It uses a central server to get all other information, but keeps your private keys safe on your pc (so the central server cannot get its hands on your keys => it's pretty safe to use electrum).

Now, if you're 100% sure you have only used your wallet to RECEIVE this ONE incoming transaction, and you HAVE NOT used your wallet to send coins, ask more than 1 transaction,... you can try to export your private key for this address.
I could try to explain how to do this, but people have already made this explanation before me: http://docs.bitshares.org/muse/migration/howto-exporting-wallet-clients.html (look for the explanation of bitcoin qt).

Importing a private key into electrum is pretty easy: just open electrum... If it's the first time you open it, it'll show a wizard, otherwise go to file=>new/restore => restore a wallet or import keys => paste your private key...

If you don't see all your funds in electrum, there must have been more than one address/private key in use in bitcoin-qt, and you can either export these other private keys to, or just wait it out using bitcoin-qt.

I must say i'm rather proud of a new user chosing bitcoin. You made the right decission of chosing a desktop wallet, but you were unlucky because you did this in a hurry and chose a wallet that required a lot of time to synchronise (altough it's a great wallet, it's the basic wallet and it's safe and has a lot of functionality). I hope you stick around the bitcoin community after this first try, it's a good community and a good idear, you just have to give it a chance Smiley

Disclaimer2: it's late in my country, i'm tired and going to bed... It might be wise to wait untill a second longtime member verifies my steps before actually doing them!

vlamer

Activity: 101
Merit: 11

N.E.E.T

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2016, 09:13:33 PM

i dont want wait. Can i use eletrum Software for this ? I have installed it but how can i transfer the Bitcoins ?
yes , you can dump private key from address 17qKqrRSnWuX4YgTqczs7xPmpYKuUsGgGJ in Core , and import to electrum.

chris2276 (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 01:00:32 AM

now i spend hours and hours for searching way to use my bitcoins but no chance. can everybody help me ? I want import the unfinished amount from bitcoin core to electrum. But i need the private keys. And a passphrase ?? Help help help !
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6595

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2016, 01:23:31 AM

now i spend hours and hours for searching way to use my bitcoins but no chance. can everybody help me ? I want import the unfinished amount from bitcoin core to electrum. But i need the private keys. And a passphrase ?? Help help help !
To get your private keys from Bitcoin Core, go to Help > Debug Window and click on the Console tab.

If you have a password on your wallet, then you will need to type the following into the textbox, otherwise you can skip this step.
Code:
walletpassphrase <passphrase> 120
where <passphrase> is your passphrase. This will unlock your wallet so you can get the private keys

Then type:
Code:
dumpprivkey <address>
Where address is the address of the private key that you want. This will export your private key. DO NOT SHARE YOUR PRIVATE KEY WITH ANYONE. Do this command with all of the addresses you want the private keys of.

Then open up Electrum and create a new wallet. Select "Restore a wallet or import keys" and "Standard wallet". Click Next. In the next box, enter your private keys, one on each line. Then click next and finish the wizard. It will create a new wallet and import your private keys to that wallet so that you can spend your Bitcoin from Electrum.

vlamer

Activity: 101
Merit: 11

N.E.E.T

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2016, 01:41:38 AM

I could try to explain how to do this, but people have already made this explanation before me: http://docs.bitshares.org/muse/migration/howto-exporting-wallet-clients.html (look for the explanation of bitcoin qt).

ok this my way to you but you can choice other way..
i found this pic from reply by altcoinhosting should you notice it ..

just follow like this
Help > Debug Window > Console .. then in console insert like :
Code:
walletpassphrase <passphrase> 120
where <passphrase> is your passphrase. This will unlock your wallet so you can get the private keys

Then type:
Code:
dumpprivkey <address>
and you can use blockchain.info ,for simple in your browser
like https://blockchain.info/wallet/claim# {privatekey}
and choice Forward "To Desktop Client" ,then put address your new wallet or you can choice create new wallet on blockchain.info.

hopefully you can solved it.

EDIT: i don't see reply from knightdk before,.

recitestores

Activity: 592
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 03:03:09 AM

You can syncing manualy with download the blockchain.
altcoinhosting

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 06:13:23 AM

@OP: can you tell us if the procedure worked?
I think knightdk's, vlamer and my own post should have been sufficient to solve your problem, so it might be nice to give some feedback in case somebody else ever searches for this problem... That way they'll know the problem can be fixed with the info given in this thread Wink

chris2276 (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 10:16:00 PM

Help please !

Now i have the Problem , that i forgot the Seed Phrase of my Wallet and every Time i open Electrum, there is written , it is a watching wallet only.

Thats mean , i can not send my Bitcoins-watching only ! !  ! !
 Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Who can help me and teach me how i can revocer my Wallet
Please so soon as possible !
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1299

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 10:26:06 PM

Help please !

Now i have the Problem , that i forgot the Seed Phrase of my Wallet and every Time i open Electrum, there is written , it is a watching wallet only.

Thats mean , i can not send my Bitcoins-watching only ! !  ! !

1. You should be able to restore the wallet from one of your backups.
2. Did you write down the seed or back it up somewhere? 

--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 10:31:36 PM

Help please !

Thats mean , i can not send my Bitcoins-watching only ! !  ! !

without the seed you're stuck with the watching wallet. that is unless you have the old wallet file lying somewhere or still have the private keys of your previous addresses.

also you can't just open a normal wallet and ends up with a watching-only wallet. watching-only wallet is created when you enter xpub/addresses instead of xpriv/private keys/seed when you create that wallet. I suspect you did just that.

and electrum wallet created by importing private keys doesn't have seed.
chris2276 (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 11:11:16 PM

That means my Bitcoins are not to using. Thy are blockd forever ?ß

Is there a Hacktool or a trick to recive my Bitcoins ?

Please help !
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: