Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 01:16:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Monero ICO  (Read 4505 times)
americanpegasus

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 09:09:31 PM

The ICO is happening right now, actually!  Simply navigate your browser to Poloniex.com or Bittrex and purchase some of the ICO tokens on the open BTC/XMR market!  You too can get in on the next big thing.  Grin

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 12:12:12 AM

The ICO is happening right now, actually!  Simply navigate your browser to Poloniex.com or Bittrex and purchase some of the ICO tokens on the open BTC/XMR market!  You too can get in on the next big thing.  Grin

EXACTLY.

I don't think people understand the concept of a 4 year ICO that uses conventional market tools.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
Laniakea

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 12:16:23 AM

The ICO is happening right now, actually!  Simply navigate your browser to Poloniex.com or Bittrex and purchase some of the ICO tokens on the open BTC/XMR market!  You too can get in on the next big thing.  Grin

EXACTLY.

I don't think people understand the concept of a 4 year ICO that uses conventional market tools.

4 years and no GUI, nice one! Does Monero have anything, I mean like, at all (other than the bytecoin copy/paste I mean)?

GingerAle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 12:32:19 AM

The ICO is happening right now, actually!  Simply navigate your browser to Poloniex.com or Bittrex and purchase some of the ICO tokens on the open BTC/XMR market!  You too can get in on the next big thing.  Grin

EXACTLY.

4 years and no GUI, nice one! Does Monero have anything, I mean like, at all (other than the bytecoin copy/paste I mean)?

No it has fuck all.  It is a currency for obese pedophiles

Find out how much monero I have. Please.

And then post your bitcoin address so I can track you.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
Laniakea

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 12:36:35 AM

EXACTLY.

No it has fuck all.  It is a currency for obese pedophiles

Yes that functionality is copy/pasted from Bytecoin.

I asked what Monero has to offer.

GingerAle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 12:41:42 AM

EXACTLY.

Oh right.

have you ever used bytecoin?

Whats their solution to mixin 0 cascading? Are they implimenting confidential transactions? whats their approach to counter IP address reveal? How do they address their blockchain being premined and therefore crippling the whole functionality of ring signatures?

Unless you believe whatsisfaces theory that they premined out of the goodness of their heart because they understood the weaknesses of their tech and therefore burned all that premine.

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1107

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 12:43:38 AM

EXACTLY.

Only cryptonote with lmdb, and creator of lmdb is now regularly contributing to project. Mnemonic seeds for deterministic wallet creation. Confidential ring transactions are in process of being implemented. Probably some other stuff I am forgetting off the top of my head.
Laniakea

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 12:47:23 AM

No --- and I personally don't quite care about anon coins in general.

The only real deal are the CryptoNote devs --- unlike Monero devs, who're posting on BCT all day and don't get anything done Wink

Granted, there are also interesting coins that are built on CryptoNote, ie. DigitalNote. Monero is just so far behind. IMHO it's not noteworthy.

GingerAle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 12:50:45 AM

The only real deal are the CryptoNote devs --- unlike Monero devs, who're posting on BCT all day and don't get anything done Wink

Granted, there are also interesting coins that are built on CryptoNote, ie. DigitalNote. Monero is just so far behind. IMHO it's not noteworthy.

https://github.com/xdn-project/digitalnotewallet

Do they have a database implementation or is the blockchain entirely in memory?

i'm seriously curious because I don't want to run the software to find out.

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1107

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 12:50:50 AM

The market disagrees.
Laniakea

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 12:52:40 AM

The market disagrees.

Even Litecoin has a market cap of $ 182,089,281.
The market is the market. The software is the software.

Laniakea

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 12:56:46 AM

I don't know, I haven't used it. You could just wait for the Monero devs to copy/paste if you don't want to run other software.

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 12:58:04 AM

The market disagrees.

The bytecoin devs ruined their own product with an instamine that destroys untracability, so maybe you should rethink your opinion. As you said, "No --- and I personally don't quite care about anon coins in general." --it shows.

Laniakea

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 12:59:06 AM

The market disagrees.

The bytecoin devs ruined their own product with an instamine that destroys untracability, so maybe you should rethink your opinion. As you said, "No --- and I personally don't quite care about anon coins in general." --it shows.

I support Bytecoin just as much as I support Monero.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 01:08:12 AM

No it doesn't, they are using the old cryptonote block swapping code.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 01:12:22 AM
Last edit: May 22, 2016, 01:32:26 AM by smooth

It is curious that you seem to know so much about Monero, Cryptonote, etc. (not really) yet you claim to not care about anon coins and there is no evidence of you ever paying attention to one.

My guess, you are a sock puppet part of an organized (likely paid or affiliated) crew who promote certain coins (Waves, darkdigitalducknote, etc.) and attack others (Monero).

It's pretty clear what is going on here, and pretty much the same thing that has been going on for years, although I can't really blame you guys nor your employer, since it still seems to work to some extent (investors are dumb).

Laniakea

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 01:35:53 AM

It is curious that you seem to know so much about Monero, Cryptonote, etc. (not really) yet you claim to not care about anon coins and there is no evidence of you ever paying attention to one.

My guess, you are a sock puppet part of an organized (likely paid or affiliated) crew who promote certain coins (Waves, darkdigitalducknote, etc.) and attack others (Monero).

It's pretty clear what is going on here, and pretty much the same thing that has been going on for years, although I can't really blame you guys nor your employer, since it still seems to work (investors are dumb).

smooth, that's extremely paranoid. I've signed up on BCT on September 04, 2014 and have been reading ever since. That's plenty of time to hear about Monero, Bytecoin, Cryptonote etc. Besides, I've never claimed to know a lot about any of these coins or the cryptonote protocol.

It's interesting to me that you've been mentioning paid accounts numerous times. Is there any platform / secret list where one can get paid for promoting particular coins? Is Monero involved in something like this? I've never heard of anyone being paid for disagreeing with the notion that Monero is a noteworthy cryptocurrency. It's just my personal opinion.

From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 01:54:23 AM

It's pretty clear what is going on here, and pretty much the same thing that has been going on for years, although I can't really blame you guys nor your employer, since it still seems to work to some extent (investors are dumb).

Are you unemployed?

~CfA~

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 04:13:12 AM
Last edit: May 22, 2016, 04:24:22 AM by smooth

I've signed up on BCT on September 04, 2014

That explains lot. A bit early but still roughly within the same timeframe as many of the IOTA and Waves ICO shill accounts

Date Registered:   2013-11-21, 05:25:09

Date Registered:   2013-12-15, 03:50:07

Date Registered:   2014-01-16, 06:25:25

Date Registered:   2014-01-20, 00:16:00

Date Registered:   2014-01-26, 19:20:52

Date Registered:   2014-01-29, 13:25:30

Date Registered:   2014-02-02, 11:53:33

Date Registered:   2014-03-07, 15:12:00

Date Registered:   2014-03-10, 13:25:18

Does anyone else find it curious that nearly all the accounts posting in support of IOTA and that expressed interest on the IOTA crowdsale thread were created at the same time, shortly after the Nxt launch, and many of them show the same long period of inactivity from 2014 until IOTA ?
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 04:26:07 AM

I think now that Monero has flopped they could consider relaunching the network with an ICO

I mean like LISK and etc is doing, just use an existing project (in Monero's case Monero, in Lisk's case Crypti), and relaunch it with an ICO to work on the unfinished product.

That means Monero devs can attract a lot of funds and then finally finish the GUI etc

what say you,  folks?

Are you talking about a Swap with an ICO?   Huh

Actually I mean just like LISK is doing now. Close the old project (Crypti), offer some bonus for Crypti holders in the ICO. Reopen with the same code, edit/revise/finish it with the help of the ICO funds.
Monero can close the old chain and issue the ICO. Old Monero holders can exchange their coins for the new Monero.
This way Monero devs can revive Monero, and gain the funds necessary to finish the GUI and other important stuff that's been neglected.

Cool

You know you're trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist? You can follow the progress with the following links:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=753252.msg14830769#msg14830769

The presumption that throwing money or people at technical problems misses that bigger or more isn't always better--especially with complex programs that hinge on separate parts working seamlessly together. Or maybe a million monkeys could actually write Hamlet.

Though it seems pretty unlikely: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_monkey_theorem

What he means is: I wish the price of Monero would be ridiculously pumped by some sort of mechanism.  He has noticed that ICOs pump the prices of new coins very high, ergo Monero should also have an ICO.

Yes it is studid and makes no sense, but the price should be pumped somehow!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: