Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:29:02 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trestor [Scam]  (Read 6126 times)
manav1112 (OP)

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 01:19:47 AM
Last edit: July 06, 2017, 07:41:07 AM by manav1112

Hi I have seen Trestor is quite active and alive still:
http://www.indiainfoline.com/article/news-sme-start-ups/tech-start-up-trestor-embarks-on-mission-clean-with-swacch-machine-116040700522_1.html

and also from their website their live wallet app on google play has quite good reviews, and showing that it still has 700+ retail outlets.

cryptoheadd

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 08:38:54 AM

http://www.indiainfoline.com/article/news-sme-start-ups/tech-start-up-trestor-embarks-on-mission-clean-with-swacch-machine-116040700522_1.html

and also from their website their live wallet app on google play has quite good reviews, and showing that it still has 700+ retail outlets.

Woahh.
It was a scam back then, it's still a scam now.  Grin
Not sure how they're still alive, though.
manav1112 (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 01:03:53 PM

Pretty sure it still is a scam but they still look alive and functional
bitcoinisfurture

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 03:21:15 PM

Is anybody from forum using this or have used earlier?
btvGainer
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2016, 11:35:50 PM

Woahh.
Why you calling them scam?Have they asked for money for their services and run away ? I think it was a good initiative which couldn't succeed first time
cryptoheadd

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 03:24:52 PM

Woahh.
Why you calling them scam?Have they asked for money for their services and run away ? I think it was a good initiative which couldn't succeed first time

Can i call it a scam for the false marketing?

Or do I have to wait for this to get big enough for it to qualify as a scam.

It's a scam in the making.
manav1112 (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 03:27:48 PM

Yeah i wont wait for this to steal peoples money to start calling it a scam..
chokho

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2016, 07:09:58 AM

I'm so sad to see that we live in a country where a bunch of people behind some fake identities are trying to stop others who are doing good and different. I fail to understand how such judgemental pseudo-intellectuals can try to defame the hard work of a team without even a single sensible argument or evidence. Did you ever ponder that we live in a country where when someone copies the idea of a western world startup is called "innovative" and "game-changer".

This kind human behaviour is often seen (specifically in this forum) and can be put under multiple categories in psychology and human-biases, like:
> Heard Mentality
> Blind Fan Following
> Superiority-Complex
> Pseudointellectual Behaviour

So coming back to Trestor; we have been working on some amazing ideas, an altogether different perspective of Cryptocurrency technology. I will post complete details about it on a new thread. If you really care about the community, technology and cryptocurrencies, then you can talk to us to understand.  I'm making all the details available for people to reach us.

I'm Saurabh Soni, Graduated from BITS Pilani and heading Product at Trestor. (Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/saurabhsoniss)
I can be reached at saurabh<at>trestor<dot>org. I can share my contact number individually, if needed. If any wise and sensible people are interested in meeting us physically to understand the awesomeness that we are building, we are located at Plot J-7, FCS Building, IT Park, Chandigarh (UT).

Oh yes, we are hiring too. Trestor.com/careers, Morons need not apply Smiley
cryptoheadd

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 10:45:34 AM

This is an excerpt from your ANN Thread.

Trests Distribution

Trests are managed and distributed by the Trestor Foundation and the following rules apply:

• Fixed supply of Trests of 100 billion
  • Trests initially sold at $0.01 US
  • Available to Trestor Partners and Trest users
  • Send/Receive through mobile app and web account anywhere in the world

Here's what I get from that:

• Premine: 100 Billion
  • Rate per trest: 0.01$

So, the Market Cap would be $1 Billion. (Seriously?)

No mining
No crowdsale/IPO

No IPO?
But you're charging us 0.01$ per trest.

It's a centralized piece of shit coin.
You don't belong in a decentralized community.

EDIT: You're website doesn't even work. Lol.
https://trestor.org/get-trests (That's the donate button to buy some trests)
How do you expect us to take you seriously?
chokho

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2016, 03:57:01 PM

@manav1112
Sure you can meet us on any weekday.
Also, it will be preferable if you drop me a mail so that we can coordinate and schedule a time to meet.
On the email, can please you share your introduction as well?

Why did we stop responding on other thread?
We could not find time to entertain stupidity, we were busy doing awesome things to make the world a better place. Smiley
Like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1FNMhhDm2g
And this: http://www.thebetterindia.com/51580/iit-students-water-for-plastic-waste/

@cryptoheadd
1. According to your logic, if there is a broken page on a website, it's a scam. Tongue
2. As per the current rates, the market rate of Trests is Around 1.5Bn USD. If you do not understand markets, exchange rates and how they work; I can take a small session to help you understand. Just that, we are not yet listed on coinmarketcap.
3. You are as well invited to meet us or have a call, provided you are willing to understand instead of jumping directly to conclusions.

I at least expect people on this forum to be objective and rational. Come on guys, we represent the Indian Crypto community.
cryptoheadd

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 05:12:11 PM

@cryptoheadd
1. According to your logic, if there is a broken page on a website, it's a scam. Tongue
2. As per the current rates, the market rate of Trests is Around 1.5Bn USD. If you do not understand markets, exchange rates and how they work; I can take a small session to help you understand. Just that, we are not yet listed on coinmarketcap.
3. You are as well invited to meet us or have a call, provided you are willing to understand instead of jumping directly to conclusions.

I'm sorry but you need to work on your reading skills.
I never said that it's a scam BECAUSE there's a broken webpage.

I'm not trying to insult you, and I'm not jumping to conclusions.
I said it's a scam, because you think that trests are worth USD 1.5 Billion.

Do you know what the market cap of Ethereum is?
It's USD 1 Billion.

Care to explain why you're worth more than ETH?
chokho

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2016, 06:36:43 PM

Good question. Quoting from Wikipedia and Investopedia:

Calculating Market Cap - Market capitalization is just a fancy name for a straightforward concept: it is the market value of a company's outstanding shares. This figure is found by taking the stock price and multiplying it by the total number of shares. (Simple math)

As outstanding stock is bought and sold in public markets, capitalization could be used as a indicator of public opinion of a company's net worth and is a determining factor in some forms of stock valuation.

So, market cap has less to do with how much "worth" one thing is respect to another. I hope this little concept of economics helps.

Also, if you could answer me this: What is bitcoin really doing that it's market cap is 7Bn? :)
How do you justify "worth" of a cryptocurrency - Market Price, Number of people writing blogs about it, number of transactions, number of accounts or real world usage? There are no such parameters, worth is completely subjective.
I hope I helped you realize that "worth" and "market cap" are different things.

@manav1112: Can you please change title of this thread to something neutral like "Exploring Trestor", rather than a title which defames our hard work? Thanks :)
I have been working with Trestor for past 2.5 years and giving all that I have to it. You would understand how bad it feels when someone outrightly accuses without making sense on something that you have build with so much effort.

Edit: Again, we are open, I invite you guys to come and meet us to understand and clarify things. :)
manav1112 (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 07:04:13 AM

Good question. Quoting from Wikipedia and Investopedia:

Calculating Market Cap - Market capitalization is just a fancy name for a straightforward concept: it is the market value of a company's outstanding shares. This figure is found by taking the stock price and multiplying it by the total number of shares. (Simple math)

As outstanding stock is bought and sold in public markets, capitalization could be used as a indicator of public opinion of a company's net worth and is a determining factor in some forms of stock valuation.

So, market cap has less to do with how much "worth" one thing is respect to another. I hope this little concept of economics helps.

Also, if you could answer me this: What is bitcoin really doing that it's market cap is 7Bn? Smiley
How do you justify "worth" of a cryptocurrency - Market Price, Number of people writing blogs about it, number of transactions, number of accounts or real world usage? There are no such parameters, worth is completely subjective.
I hope I helped you realize that "worth" and "market cap" are different things.

@manav1112: Can you please change title of this thread to something neutral like "Exploring Trestor", rather than a title which defames our hard work? Thanks Smiley
I have been working with Trestor for past 2.5 years and giving all that I have to it. You would understand how bad it feels when someone outrightly accuses without making sense on something that you have build with so much effort.

Edit: Again, we are open, I invite you guys to come and meet us to understand and clarify things. Smiley

The only reason to cause most of the community here to think this is because the way the last scam thread with you guys ended, so we assumed you guys ran away! I will change the thread title now that you have clarified.
chokho

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2016, 09:19:18 AM

Thanks manav1112. :)
skang

Activity: 452
Merit: 252

from democracy to self-rule.

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 06:38:12 AM

Hi Chokho

Can you please list any changes in the project since the whitepaper came out?
Back then I had specific problem with:
1. Origin of trests is centralized
2. Federation of entities confirming transactions can oligopolize the network

Could you please point out if there is a misunderstanding or change in protocol?

"India is the guru of the nations, the physician of the human soul in its profounder maladies; she is destined once more to remould the life of the world and restore the peace of the human spirit.
But Swaraj is the necessary condition of her work and before she can do the work, she must fulfil the condition."
globalgaurav

Activity: 199
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 12:01:07 PM

from what i currently understand, trestor + workaway.info
might be a very good combination, for example  Roll Eyes
manav1112 (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 07:27:32 AM

Hi Chokho

Can you please list any changes in the project since the whitepaper came out?
Back then I had specific problem with:
1. Origin of trests is centralized
2. Federation of entities confirming transactions can oligopolize the network

Could you please point out if there is a misunderstanding or change in protocol?

I think this should be clarified if you guys would like to clear your name in this community.

Im pretty sure they are still centralised, which requires the users to all have a lot of trust on them - which makes me still doubt them.
ranvijay

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 07:41:17 AM

Hello,

I visit bitcointalk forum every now and then, but this thread made me create an account so that I can post. My parents live in Sector 43 Chandigarh. Trestor has made some smart organic farm there, they have also made a media sharing wifi network in that community.

My question to Trestor is that you should first decide if you want to get into smart city business or cryptocurrency business. Why would you spend so much money giving free wifi and organic food to a community, who pays for BITS engineers, who is funding as I don't know of any VC funding Trestor. 

Why create a recyclable waste collector and water dispenser, are you in getting into Waste management business now.

Reference: http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/news/clean-drinking-water-from-a-hitech-waste-bin/article8447548.ece

None of this makes any sense whatsoever.
ranvijay

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 07:56:13 AM

@manav1112

If you are visiting them then please ask them my questions, also talk to their tech team, how good they are and who funds them. Where and how big is their office, click some pics if you can and share it with us.
globalgaurav

Activity: 199
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 08:11:07 AM

Why create a recyclable waste collector and water dispenser, are you in getting into Waste management business now.

once upon a time i tried http://sadhanaforest.org/india/
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: