Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:39:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Solved] can I send BTC out from an "account" but not an "address"  (Read 779 times)
rex (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 09:51:25 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2013, 05:49:06 AM by rex

The case is, I have several addresses for users to send Bitcoin in, and also I need to send Bitcoin out to many receivers at once regardless of which address(es) it would use.

From the wallet API (https://blockchain.info/api/blockchain_wallet_api) I see the following api is close to my need:

Send Many Transactions

https://blockchain.info/merchant/$guid/sendmany?password=$main_password&second_password=$second_password&recipients=$recipients&anonymous=$anonymous&fee=$fee

$main_password Your Main My wallet password
$second_password Your second My Wallet password if double encryption is enabled.
$recipients Is a JSON Object using Bitcoin Addresses as keys and the amounts to send as values (See below).
$from Send from a specific Bitcoin Address
$anonymous "true" or "false" indicating whether the transaction should be sent through the a mixer. Fees apply. (Optional)
$fee Transaction fee value in satoshi (Must be greater than default fee) (Optional)
$note A public note to include with the transaction (Optional)

The "from" parameter is an Bitcoin "address", not an "account", or the whole "wallet". In my case, no single address would have sufficient balance to send the payment, but the whole wallet would have.

How should I deal with this case with blockchain.info? When use bitcoind, I know that I could do this by sendmany command.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Evolyn

Activity: 376
Merit: 312

Can you say... nighty-night?

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 10:49:22 AM

The description is grey, he just missed the (optional) in the end. If you don't use the from parameter, your whole wallet will be used.

Forex meets Bitcoin Exchange: Release the Kraken
rex (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 12:23:04 PM

The description is grey, he just missed the (optional) in the end. If you don't use the from parameter, your whole wallet will be used.

Thanks very much, your reply is very helpful to me. I think I know how to do now.

An additional question: I noticed that I can label any address in my wallet, and I can give several addresses a same label. Are these addresses having the same label belong to an "account"? Is it possible to pay through a specific "account"?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: