Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:47:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: XMR MONERO'S NEW FEATURE: Zeroday 12 Exploits!  (Read 5027 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
YAdaminer

Activity: 829
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 11:22:24 PM

Monero - Marketing Team & Tactics

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1233817.0

... this post is... wow

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1233817.msg14787246#msg14787246
Yammity

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 10:35:04 AM

Unsurprisingly, not a single one of them can:

A) Make anyone any money
B) Cause unrecoverable damage to the network
C) Be proven to exist
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 11:08:20 AM

@YAdaminer

I agree. is just wow how you can put lots of lies in second post you mention and how you can write something and come to total different conclusion as everyone else does.

It is same as if someone would open an Thread and copy past there some article about shapeshift hack, and at put title "Shapeshift hacked their users" and at the end claimed that.   Altho everything in that article would tell us who hacked and how.

I dont understand does people think that forum users only read titles or what?

And then there is exactly this thread.  Title and a silly picture. No content.

It seems that is a marketing some coins bet on.
DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 11:43:00 AM

@YAdaminer

I agree. is just wow how you can put lots of lies in second post you mention and how you can write something and come to total different conclusion as everyone else does.

It is same as if someone would open an Thread and copy past there some article about shapeshift hack, and at put title "Shapeshift hacked their users" and at the end claimed that.   Altho everything in that article would tell us who hacked and how.

And it gets deleted so they don´t even want to find the truth
bigfryguy

Activity: 416
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 03:09:44 PM

@YAdaminer

you need to dive a bit deeper to figure out what this is all about.  read up on zeroday bugs, the 13th one that John-Connor mentioned was the one discoverred and forced a revert, but if there was one there could easily be more.
John states that he has discovered 12 others.

If this is true it would be kind of John to divulge them so that the monero devs could fix them, but as there was a lot of animosity earlier on between John-Connor and XMR devs I think he probably wont be forthcoming on where he found the zeroday bugs.

Febo
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 03:20:43 PM

@bigfryguy

Why are those not in OP or at least link to them?

I know answer since i am deep in mind of this group that spam this forum last 2 years.

Oh i read now your post to the end. we have seen this before.
He will claim Monero is doomed, but no one knows how except one guy. And then he will promise to reveal it next week and when that day will come he will postpone  it for another week and so on and on. With hope that price of coin will decrease and will buy some with hope to sell at higher stake latter.
obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 03:27:19 PM

@bigfryguy

Why are those not in OP or at least link to them?

I know answer since i am deep in mind of this group that spam this forum last 2 years.

^this... please, show some proof, otherwise just FUD...

best regards,
bigfryguy

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 03:33:16 PM

here is a simplified version of what a zeroday bug is.
https://www.techopedia.com/definition/27451/zero-day-threat

and here is a link to examples of them
https://www.wired.com/2014/11/what-is-a-zero-day/

In truth I hope this isnt true, because it would probably effect all bytecoin clones.

there is no way for me to validate this claim though, I am not a hacker or a code reviewer of a caliber even close to what is needed to find the truth about this.

obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 03:36:05 PM

here is a simplified version of what a zeroday bug is.
https://www.techopedia.com/definition/27451/zero-day-threat

and heree is a link to examples of them
https://www.wired.com/2014/11/what-is-a-zero-day/

In truth I hope this isnt true, because it would probably effect all bytecoin clones.

there is no way for me to validate this claim though, I am not a hacker or a code reviewer of a caliber even close to what is needed to find the truth about this.

I know what it is, if you find 13, you can at least show one of them, no? Then you have still 12 you can exploit...

YAdaminer

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 03:40:24 PM

@YAdaminer

I agree. is just wow how you can put lots of lies in second post...

What lies I put where?

I posted links to forums threads and none of those posts are mine.

It seems sometimes even basic things is hard to comprehend.

Febo
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 03:52:59 PM

@YAdaminer

It seems you did nto understand me well.

You YAdaminer posted a link to a post and in that post is a lots of lies.  I hope i cleared misunderstanding.
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2016, 04:03:43 PM

@YAdaminer

you need to dive a bit deeper to figure out what this is all about.  read up on zeroday bugs, the 13th one that John-Connor mentioned was the one discoverred and forced a revert, but if there was one there could easily be more.

If this is true it would be kind of John to divulge them so that the monero devs could fix them, but as there was a lot of animosity earlier on between John-Connor and XMR devs I think he probably wont be forthcoming on where he found the zeroday bugs.

It did not force a revert.

https://forum.getmonero.org/1/news-announcements-and-editorials/2452/monero-network-malicious-fork-from-block-913193-updates-and-resolution

https://getmonero.org/2016/01/15/monero-0.9.1-released.html

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
YAdaminer

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 04:17:05 PM
Last edit: May 17, 2016, 02:55:06 PM by YAdaminer

@YAdaminer

It seems you did nto understand me well.

You YAdaminer posted a link to a post and in that post is a lots of lies.  I hope i cleared misunderstanding.

I understood what you wanted to say but you wrote it differently Wink

Thread describes tactics and information to the organised mis-information campaign and trolling tactics that are practised by the Monero (XMR) core developers and other associates and backers of the coin, and that is well said on thread OP.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1233817.0

Is it truth or not it's up to reader to investigate and decide.
bigfryguy

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 04:30:06 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2016, 09:04:18 PM by bigfryguy

@YAdaminer

And then there is exactly this thread.  Title and a silly picture. No content.

you need to dive a bit deeper to figure out what this is all about.  read up on zeroday bugs, the 13th one that John-Connor mentioned was the one discoverred and forced a revert, but if there was one there could easily be more.

https://forum.getmonero.org/1/news-announcements-and-editorials/2452/monero-network-malicious-fork-from-block-913193-updates-and-resolution

i stand corrected.
the zeroday was patched.

but thanks for clearing up where the 13th bug was.

GingerAle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2016, 04:52:19 PM

@YAdaminer

i stand corrected.
the zeroday was patched.

but thanks for clearing up where the 13 bug was.

It should be noted that Monero's network is secured via a DNS checkpointing infrastructure (known as moneropulse) maintained by the core developers, so for any zero day exploit to seriously threaten the value they would have to compromise the moneropulse network. These are training wheels for a young cryptocurrency.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
EmilioMann (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 08:34:32 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2016, 08:56:10 PM by EmilioMann

@YAdaminer

you need to dive a bit deeper to figure out what this is all about.  read up on zeroday bugs, the 13th one that John-Connor mentioned was the one discoverred and forced a revert, but if there was one there could easily be more.

i stand corrected.
the zeroday was patched.

It should be noted that Monero's network is secured via a DNS checkpointing infrastructure (known as moneropulse) maintained by the core developers, so for any zero day exploit to seriously threaten the value they would have to compromise the moneropulse network. These are training wheels for a young cryptocurrency.

Just an addendum:
Exploit 13 (v2 block) was found and reported by John Connor to monero devs months ago.
Even after the devs and trolls from monero community try to destroy Vcash with fud and lies, John Connor informed the exploit because he thought that would be able to make the worms stop with their slanders.
Well, he saved monero once the problem was solved, but after this the trolls and fudders unscrupulous and without ethics back to attack him again
Now, after a new thread was created by smooth to slander JC and Vcash, he found other 12 zeroday exploits.
Do you really think he will help monero community again?

bigfryguy

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 09:03:30 PM

I remember him claiming that he found the one before it took effect, whether I remember this from discussion after the fact or not I am unsure of.
the other 12 he has claimed to have found and is not reporting them.

I think Emmilioman is sensationalising this a bit, although I doubt that John is lying about the zeroday bugs that can be exploited.

each person can believe what they want, but I have no position in XMR as an investment to care whether you believe me or not.

GingerAle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2016, 09:05:57 PM

@YAdaminer

i stand corrected.
the zeroday was patched.

Just an addendum:
Exploit 13 (v2 block) was found and reported by John Connor to monero devs months ago.
Even after the devs and trolls from monero community try to destroy Vcash with fud and lies, John Connor informed the exploit because he thought that would be able to make the worms stop with their slanders.
Well, he saved monero once the problem was solved, but after this the trolls and fudders unscrupulous and without ethics back to attack him again
Now, after a new thread was created by smooth to slander JC and Vcash, he found other 12 zeroday exploits.
Do you really think he will help monero community again?

Whats the logic in the bolded part? How did he save monero? Did he make a commit to the code to fix the problem?

I really don't understand how you people can just bandy about fabricating nonsense. I'm going to start some nonsense threads.

bigfryguy

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 09:15:50 PM

Emilioman is wrong on that account.  I dont remember John helping to fix the problem.

EmilioMann (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 10:13:41 PM

Emilioman is wrong on that account.  I dont remember John helping to fix the problem.

he didn't help to solve, but he found the exploit and warned monero's team
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: