Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:46:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: About vps  (Read 641 times)
elobizph (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 03:20:51 AM

I want to host my website using vps but dont know how that works I just really need a simple file manager and database management to host my files and database with this requirements

Requirements

● PHP 5.6+ with crypt_blowfish and GD Library with freetype support enabled
● MySQL version 4.0+ Database
● 10+ MB Free Space
● FTP Access
● Write/Read Access (CHMOD777/755)
● Apache Server with mod_rewrite enabled
jamalaezaz
Copper Member

Activity: 1876
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2016, 03:31:49 AM

I want to host my website using vps but dont know how that works I just really need a simple file manager and database management to host my files and database with this requirements

Requirements

● 10+ MB Free Space
● FTP Access

you need free space? it mean you need a free hosting service which provides you all these above requirements.. honestly it is hard to find such site. but I know some sites. check them:

1: http://webh.co
2: https://www.000webhost.com/
3: http://www.hostinger.co.uk/free-hosting

Available For CM/SMM, Content Writing and Digital Marketing
TG: @jamalaezaz
Digital_Lord

Activity: 1498
Merit: 502

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2016, 03:38:07 AM

Requirements

● 10+ MB Free Space
● FTP Access

you need free space? it mean you need a free hosting service which provides you all these above requirements.. honestly it is hard to find such site. but I know some sites. check them:

I don't know these free service can give OP all features or not. but I think he should go with premium domain hosting. premium hosting will surely give you all features and advantages . and its not so expensive also. if you want to make a project you should have some investment also for that.

.TONUP..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
...JOIN NOW...
bitcoinblog

Activity: 496
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 03:54:11 AM

1. Choose a VPS from http://lowendbox.com/ deals.
2. Install VestaCP panel , it will give you all the features what you are looking for.

If you are not able to install VestaCP then let me know , i will do that for you.

** FREE SPACE **
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 03:56:03 AM

Search about xampp server install it on your vps. First learn how to work with xampp server. If you need help pm me.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
elobizph (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 04:36:36 AM

2. Install VestaCP panel , it will give you all the features what you are looking for.

If you are not able to install VestaCP then let me know , i will do that for you.
currently I didnt know how to manage VPS and dont know how it works does vestacp panel is free to install?
bitcoinblog

Activity: 496
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 05:23:49 AM

currently I didnt know how to manage VPS and dont know how it works does vestacp panel is free to install?

Yes VestaCP is free. I made a tutorial on EMS forum you can check there i bumped the post.

** FREE SPACE **
Dekker3D

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 08:26:28 AM

Requirements

● 10+ MB Free Space
● FTP Access

I don't know these free service can give OP all features or not. but I think he should go with premium domain hosting. premium hosting will surely give you all features and advantages . and its not so expensive also. if you want to make a project you should have some investment also for that.

I don't think he meant free hosting for this. He's referring the the disk space perhaps. The only thing I can say about VPS is their quite expensive. Some may cost $10 a month so you might want to be careful on what purpose will you be using it for. Is it for mining/staking or just simply web hosting.

Newcoins2020

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 12:01:56 PM

Requirements

● 10+ MB Free Space
● FTP Access

With this specs you don't need a VPS. A lite hosting package (namecheap, somewhere on this forum) will do.
I have a friend we got a free package and hostinger and he is 'happy' so you should first give them a try, since they are offering it for free.
elobizph (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 04:26:58 PM

Yes VestaCP is free. I made a tutorial on EMS forum you can check there i bumped the post.
my website would be a url shortener like adfly it will access database every 2 seconds and I need a fast performance vps
Kozan

Activity: 520
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 05:05:27 PM

Requirements

● 10+ MB Free Space
● FTP Access

I can host your website for just 20$ 6 months you will have your own ssh access and webmin pannel, if you
like to get more details and even a free week trial feel free to send me a pm and maybe include your skype or e-mail if you like to get a quicker reply.

I hope to hear from you very soon!
anonymousx

Activity: 431

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 05:21:19 PM

I sell VPS 100MB line speed, 50gb storage, SSH and full root access for $30 a year, I can install any addons u need such as file manager, mysql, vesta, webmin etc.
Regards
elobizph (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 06:43:46 AM

Requirements

● 10+ MB Free Space
● FTP Access

I can host your website for just 20$ 6 months you will have your own ssh access and webmin pannel, if you
like to get more details and even a free week trial feel free to send me a pm and maybe include your skype or e-mail if you like to get a quicker reply.

I hope to hear from you very soon!
how much I would pay if per month basis?
altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 06:51:43 AM

I know many other members have already given parts of my answer, but i tought it would be usefull to spell this one out Wink

OP, you're asking for a VPS: A Virtual Private Server. This means that a VPS is a virtual linux server, you can do with it as you please. It's usually an empty linux template on which you install all binaries you'll be needing yourself, so asking for php 5.6+ and mysql 4.0+ when searching for a VPS is rather contradictory Wink
This also means the rest of your specs are meaningless... I cannot imagine a VPS that is unable to run a common LAMP setup (linux, apache, mysql, php) unless you're going for a minimal one (especially the ammount of RAM can be a limiting factor).

It looks to me you're better off finding a shared host. This way your hosting provider will manage the server and you can concentrate on getting your website in the air. I think this might be a better option for you. You can always double-check your hosting provider and ask them a pre-sale question with your speclist, but it's a rather trivial one, so i'm pretty sure most shared hosting providers will suffice.

elobizph (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 07:04:51 AM

I know many other members have already given parts of my answer, but i tought it would be usefull to spell this one out Wink

OP, you're asking for a VPS: A Virtual Private Server. This means that a VPS is a virtual linux server, you can do with it as you please. It's usually an empty linux template on which you install all binaries you'll be needing yourself, so asking for php 5.6+ and mysql 4.0+ when searching for a VPS is rather contradictory Wink
This also means the rest of your specs are meaningless... I cannot imagine a VPS that is unable to run a common LAMP setup (linux, apache, mysql, php) unless you're going for a minimal one (especially the ammount of RAM can be a limiting factor).

It looks to me you're better off finding a shared host. This way your hosting provider will manage the server and you can concentrate on getting your website in the air. I think this might be a better option for you. You can always double-check your hosting provider and ask them a pre-sale question with your speclist, but it's a rather trivial one, so i'm pretty sure most shared hosting providers will suffice.
yes I am using a shrared hosting before with this script but I always reach the cpu limit and I need more resources.
altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 07:13:17 AM

yes I am using a shrared hosting before with this script but I always reach the cpu limit and I need more resources.

Well... In that case, i'd suggest just upgrading your shared hosting plan... From what i've read in this thread, your app will run 1 query every 2 seconds... It depends on the query, altough, in general, a normal shared host should be able to handle 30 query's/minute... Once again: it depends on the query itself... If your shared host cannot handle 1 query every 2 seconds they're either very cheap and very low-end, or you should have a good look at the query you're running.

It's just that when you say things like "currently I didnt know how to manage VPS and dont know how it works does vestacp panel is free to install?" I'm afraid that running your own VPS might be one step to much. Installing, securing, updating and managing a VPS is something for which you need at least a little bit of experience.
Don't take this in a bad way, i'm not trying to hurt your feelings... Having no experience with VPS's, linux, LAMP isn't something you should feel bad about, but you should be carefull starting a website on a VPS you've configured yourself if you don't have any experience.

At very least, download oracle VM virtualbox on your pc, install debian and try to install a complete LAMP server using the console.... If you cannot make it run in virtualbox, there's no sense in ordering a VPS.

vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 08:59:06 PM

im going to simple suggest looking at OVH and Hetzner both offer good cheap VPS's OVH even use SSD

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: