Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:50:14 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Help on IXCOIN !  (Read 3841 times)
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 04:52:14 PM

i still dont know how to do this can you help me ? is it adding to the ixcoin shortcut ?

i am getting this error when i put the command it appear error

the name 'C:\program files\ixcoin2\ixcoin.exe addnode=198.154.60.183` specified in the target box is notvalid make sure the path and the file name are correct.

please help !

You need  a dash before the addnode

C:\program files\ixcoin2\ixcoin.exe -addnode=198.154.60.183

But where are you putting this?  can you type this at the command line.  It should  work from it.

I'm showing zero connections as well.  Can somebody take a look at this and tell me what I'm doing wrong.

So I go to start menu and type in cmd to open up  the small black command window.  The prompt already has the following:  C:\Users\Vlad> and then I type: \downloads\Ixcoin\ixcoin.exe-addnode=198.154.60.183

The response is:  the system cannot find the path specified.

I tried different variations but I get the same response.  I put the ixcoin wallet download in the downloads section and not in the program files because that's where I keep all my other wallets but that shouldn't matter as it's just a location, right?

I may be  putting this command in the completely wrong place but that's the only place I know which has a command line.  Any help is appreciated.  TIA.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
ZephramC

Activity: 475
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 05:25:51 PM

i still dont know how to do this can you help me ? is it adding to the ixcoin shortcut ?

the name 'C:\program files\ixcoin2\ixcoin.exe addnode=198.154.60.183` specified in the target box is notvalid make sure the path and the file name are correct.

please help !

You need  a dash before the addnode

But where are you putting this?  can you type this at the command line.  It should  work from it.

I'm showing zero connections as well.  Can somebody take a look at this and tell me what I'm doing wrong.

So I go to start menu and type in cmd to open up  the small black command window.  The prompt already has the following:  C:\Users\Vlad> and then I type: \downloads\Ixcoin\ixcoin.exe-addnode=198.154.60.183

The response is:  the system cannot find the path specified.

I tried different variations but I get the same response.  I put the ixcoin wallet download in the downloads section and not in the program files because that's where I keep all my other wallets but that shouldn't matter as it's just a location, right?

I may be  putting this command in the completely wrong place but that's the only place I know which has a command line.  Any help is appreciated.  TIA.

Try adding extra space before dash. ie. not "C:\downloads\Ixcoin\ixcoin.exe-addnode=198.154.60.183" but "C:\downloads\Ixcoin\ixcoin.exe -addnode=198.154.60.183".
If it again cannot find the path try "cd\downloads\Ixcoin" and then "ixcoin.exe -addnode=198.154.60.183".
twobits

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 05:33:33 PM

If we could find some suitable nodes to bake in, we could release new binaries with working seed nodes.

█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████████████  █████                        ████
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 06:54:01 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2013, 01:10:07 AM by Vlad2Vlad

please help !

You need  a dash before the addnode

But where are you putting this?  can you type this at the command line.  It should  work from it.

I'm showing zero connections as well.  Can somebody take a look at this and tell me what I'm doing wrong.

So I go to start menu and type in cmd to open up  the small black command window.  The prompt already has the following:  C:\Users\Vlad> and then I type: \downloads\Ixcoin\ixcoin.exe-addnode=198.154.60.183

The response is:  the system cannot find the path specified.

I tried different variations but I get the same response.  I put the ixcoin wallet download in the downloads section and not in the program files because that's where I keep all my other wallets but that shouldn't matter as it's just a location, right?

I may be  putting this command in the completely wrong place but that's the only place I know which has a command line.  Any help is appreciated.  TIA.

Try adding extra space before dash. ie. not "C:\downloads\Ixcoin\ixcoin.exe-addnode=198.154.60.183" but "C:\downloads\Ixcoin\ixcoin.exe -addnode=198.154.60.183".
If it again cannot find the path try "cd\downloads\Ixcoin" and then "ixcoin.exe -addnode=198.154.60.183".

I tried with and without spaces.  I'll try your other recommendation.  Thanks a lot for the prompt response.

Edit:  I tried the cd\downloads\Ixcoin and then the other one you suggested and both (separate and together) result  in an error message:  The system cannot find the path specified.

I don't know, this worked for other people so I'm either doing something wrong or this IP address no longer works.  Thanks for all your help.  Looks like for now the few ixCoins I bought will have to stay in Vircurex with my devcoins.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: