Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:18:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BitcoinStore launching with 0% margin  (Read 9022 times)
BitcoinStore (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2013, 10:28:21 PM

http://BitcoinStore.com

Hello!

We've officially launched out of beta. Take a look at our site, try out the new search, and check out the new prices. They're even lower than the beta period. We've launched for this first month with 0% margins because we need your help. We need to make $800,000 worth of orders in order to continue to qualify for our supplier contract.

BitcoinStore was created in order to apply pressure to big online retail store like Amazon and NewEgg. We need your help in order to do this. Please order something (I assure you that you can find something you need in our massive catalog) and help us show Amazon and NewEgg that Bitcoin can save consumers a bucketload of money. If we can get big enough and start pulling consumers away from them, they'll have no other option than to accept Bitcoin.

Here's an article below with more info, thank you for all the community support so far, we'll be announcing a couple more things this week!

http://bitcoinmagazine.com/bitcoinstore-formally-launching-today-0-markup/

Thanks,
-Jon

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 10:36:20 PM

Site is slow for me.
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 10:42:17 PM

I would prefer the navigation bar not to have moving letters.  I find it distracting (I just end up playing with it instead of actually checking out the products...).

But keep up the good work!
dust

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2013, 10:42:47 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2013, 06:11:56 AM by dust

I did some price comparisons and BitcoinStore is actually cheaper this time (unlike during beta when "cheaper than Amazon" really meant "cheaper than some third-party sellers on Amazon").

MtGox $31.56 Bitcoinstore $31.42
The hidden 1% fee due to the exchange rate used is a bit deceptive.  I would rather just see higher prices with the proper exchange rate.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
BitcoinStore (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2013, 10:46:18 PM

I did some price comparisons and BitcoinStore is actually cheaper this time (unlike during beta when "cheaper than Amazon" really meant "cheaper than some third-party sellers on Amazon").

The hidden 1% fee due to the exchange rate used is a bit deceptive.  I would rather just see higher prices with the proper exchange rate.

We're using BitPay's rate last I checked. They pull it from multiple exchanges, which causes the deviation from Mt. Gox's. It also might be slightly lagging behind.
fornit

Activity: 991
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 11:00:28 PM

search is terrible. shop has amd cpus yet searching for "amd", "AMD", "am3" or "AM3" all turn up nothing. "AMD phenom" however displays some gamepads...
filter shows manufacturer "AMD" two times. also, loading times are very very long.

sry, but by the time i found the things i want to buy the first month is probably over.
BitcoinStore (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2013, 11:02:06 PM

search is terrible. shop has amd cpus yet searching for "amd", "AMD", "am3" or "AM3" all turn up nothing. "AMD phenom" however displays some gamepads...
filter shows manufacturer "AMD" two times. also, loading times are very very long.

sry, but by the time i found the things i want to buy the first month is probably over.

I'll check. It should be indexing the brand very high on the search.
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 11:05:13 PM

Will you guys update us with sales milestones so we can see how much more you need to reach 800k?

BitcoinStore (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2013, 12:18:21 AM

Will you guys update us with sales milestones so we can see how much more you need to reach 800k?

Yessir, you'll also be able to measure it by how frantic our posts become! Wink

We've made a decent number of sales prior to this month, but we'll need to really push it to hit our quota.
notig

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 02:12:59 AM

i'd like to request a fluid layout (so it takes up the width of larger monitors like amazon/newegg)
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1155

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2013, 04:57:37 AM

You can track our progress here:  http://blockchain.info/address/1JqjoFF8QZwidrTbfnihGHDeu16pbLia1q

That is the payout address for all the orders that come through Bitcoinstore.com

Please help us ready $850K USD by the end of next month!

jwzguy

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 05:04:01 AM

You can track our progress here:  http://blockchain.info/address/1JqjoFF8QZwidrTbfnihGHDeu16pbLia1q

That is the payout address for all the orders that come through Bitcoinstore.com

Please help us ready $850K USD by the end of next month!
That is great, thanks! So, is that 850k in addition to the current balance, the total received, or from today onward?

So, are you guys not cashing out immediately on receiving payment? It looks like most of the balance is still there. If you're staying in BTC as long as possible, that's ballsy as hell (and kind of awesome.)
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2013, 05:07:53 AM

$0.16 difference does NOT equal a 1% fee.

The MTGOX price displayed is the most recent trade value on MTGOX.
The BitcoinStore price is based on the highest ask price on MTGOX.

Sometimes this value is the same,  sometimes there is a spread,  but you will always get more via BitcoinStore.com than you would by selling your coins on MTGOX at the same instant.

MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2013, 05:13:21 AM

That is great, thanks! So, is that 850k in addition to the current balance, the total received, or from today onward?

So, are you guys not cashing out immediately on receiving payment? It looks like most of the balance is still there. If you're staying in BTC as long as possible, that's ballsy as hell (and kind of awesome.)

It is about $850K needed total per quarter to maintain the contract.
Currently we are about $50K of the way there.  (I'm not planning to cash out the coins if possible)

I'm aware that the site isn't actually ready yet and still needs a lot of polishing,  but I was running out of time to meet my sales quota for Q1 of 2013.

I hope the Bitcoin community can come together to help buy a lot of stuff.
This will help Bitcoinstore continue to improve and maintain the supplier contract into the future.

jwzguy

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 05:31:43 AM

It is about $850K needed total per quarter to maintain the contract.
Currently we are about $50K of the way there.  (I'm not planning to cash out the coins if possible)

I'm aware that the site isn't actually ready yet and still needs a lot of polishing,  but I was running out of time to meet my sales quota for Q1 of 2013.

I hope the Bitcoin community can come together to help buy a lot of stuff.
This will help Bitcoinstore continue to improve and maintain the supplier contract into the future.

As a broke grad student, I can't do a lot, but I will make a purchase...the Bitcoin Store is making all of our holdings worth more and I hope other people recognize this as well.

Thank you for all your hard work!
dust

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2013, 06:11:25 AM

$0.16 difference does NOT equal a 1% fee.

The MTGOX price displayed is the most recent trade value on MTGOX.
The BitcoinStore price is based on the highest ask price on MTGOX.

Sometimes this value is the same,  sometimes there is a spread,  but you will always get more via BitcoinStore.com than you would by selling your coins on MTGOX at the same instant.

You are right.  When I first visited the page, the difference was 1%.  When I went to post, the numbers were different and I didn't think to recalculate the %.

MtGox $32.11 Bitcoinstore $32.11
Looks good now!

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
ralree

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Manateeeeeeees

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 06:21:48 AM

I really tried to find something I needed, but being a software engineer, I kind of already have all the computer/tech gear I need.  I looked through your car audio stuff, and it's all pretty low-end (Pyle, BOSS, Power Acoustik).  If you had some higher-quality head units in there I might have bought one.  Sorry - I'll try and remember next time I need something techie.

1MANaTeEZoH4YkgMYz61E5y4s9BYhAuUjG
notig

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 06:30:49 AM

I was looking on amazon tonight for a raspberry pi and a raspberry pi case. Just looking though.  I was thinking about getting one of the netbooks but it seems like a netbook might be overkill for an armory (offline)wallet. HMMM
BitcoinStore (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2013, 04:55:18 PM

I was looking on amazon tonight for a raspberry pi and a raspberry pi case. Just looking though.  I was thinking about getting one of the netbooks but it seems like a netbook might be overkill for an armory (offline)wallet. HMMM

You can't put a price on security Wink
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 05:05:57 PM

You can't put a price on security Wink
Yep. I use one myself for my offline armory wallet. Shame Bitcoinstore wasn't around when I bought it as I see the prices are really competitive on there.  Cry
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All
  Print  

Jump to: