Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:39:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What does your Girlfriend/SO/Wife/Partner think about Bitcoin?  (Read 1051 times)
Laniakea (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 05:09:23 PM

So some of us have girlfriends, significant others, wives and partners that are very important to us and whom we love.

What does your significant other think about Bitcoin? I'm really interested in this!  Grin

According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Steve_Tou

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 05:12:43 PM

3 words usually, risky, not safe and useless. (As in I can't even use it much real life or online)

A scam will be a scam.
It won't sustain in long run, cause they can't make $ for you at all, they don't have any business model or investment plans to make money grows.
All they did is use other people's $ to pay other users, so those who earned $ is just from other victims... in short a vicious cycle.
People KNEW, but they just dump their $ in hoping for a miracle.

Maybe I have to give another example for people who can't understand.
It's like- Going down to dirty sewers looking for fresh air.
altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 05:14:35 PM

She doesn't really care as long as I don't risk our livesavings when buying bitcoins

killerjoegreece
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1007

Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2016, 05:15:42 PM

She doesn't really care as long as I don't risk our livesavings when buying bitcoins

exactly the same here.
der_markus

Activity: 103
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 05:16:08 PM

She is using it mainly with XAPO and has a XAPO credit card for spenting.
torrentheaven

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 05:21:41 PM

I recommended bitcoin to all of them but no one is interested in using it, but no one really cares about it and are not simply interested in using it  Angry
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 05:34:01 PM

Luckily I'm surrounded only by intelligent and attractive women... Cheesy

When it comes to Bitcoin I've only had positive responses. When I talk about Bitcoin, I focus on what you can do with it and on the superior security aspect of really owning your funds. These are arguments that are universally accessible, even if you're not interested in the technical details. Demonstrating how to instantly move funds around the globe to buy some product from a stranger on another continent appeals to men and women alike.

I know of one lady actually buying some Bitcoin after considering the benefits...

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 05:58:58 PM

I recommended bitcoin to all of them but no one is interested in using it, but no one really cares about it and are not simply interested in using it  Angry

Never mind buddy!
In a few years when this takes off and you own some wealth because of it, you will be the greatest for them.
"Oh you're smart, so much ahead of your time, looking good, I want you baby!Now! Marry me!Let's have children!!!" Grin Cheesy
KarlKarlsson_

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 06:03:44 PM

The people to whom I explained Bitcoin liked the concept and also saw its benefits. Nevertheless, only one of them eventually invested some of his money into crypto currencies. They always think it is too complicated (usage as well as process of acquiring) or too risky. Still, I like my cryptos  Wink
Laniakea (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 06:04:01 PM

As for me,
she actually quite likes it, but she doesn't like if I'm spending a lot of time browsing websites, forums etc. about it

chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 06:05:16 PM

It's funny whenever I talk to my SO about bitcoin because she listens to all of the news reports about the whole "terrorists being funded with bitcoins" ordeal, so whenever she sees me on this forum or doing anything that involves crypto currencies, she actually thinks I'm talking to terrorists and that sort of thing... which every time I have to tell her that I'm, in fact, NOT talking/funding terrorists.

I've had multiple long talks with her when we've been drinking about why I like crypto currencies so much, and that leads me to getting into the whole aspect of why I believe the monetary system is a sham and that the fiat system will inevitably collapse... Every time these conversations come about, she always ends up calling me crazy but that she loves me anyway...

I think that can be said for everyone here... exactly what I'm reminded of on a semi weekly basis lol.

Laniakea (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 06:06:35 PM

It's funny whenever I talk to my SO about bitcoin because she listens to all of the news reports about the whole "terrorists being funded with bitcoins" ordeal, so whenever she sees me on this forum or doing anything that involves crypto currencies, she actually thinks I'm talking to terrorists and that sort of thing... which every time I have to tell her that I'm, in fact, NOT talking/funding terrorists.

Damn! That's some serious black and white thinking right there. No way to cure her of that? Wink

practicaldreamer

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 06:11:03 PM

So some of us have girlfriends, significant others, wives and partners that are very important to us and whom we love.

Love ? Two people in a corner making three  Kiss

What does your significant other think about Bitcoin?

All the big decisions re. finance, are mine. She's happy that it is so. At least for the time being. She has abdicated responsibilty to me. This being the case, if it all goes tits up she really would have no right to complain.
But something tells me she will.

Rubberduckie
Legendary

Activity: 1442

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 06:13:22 PM

my significant other was the one who got me into bitcoin lol

I was the skeptical one until she explained it all to me. So not every
woman is against exploring new things like bitcoin.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2016, 06:15:27 PM

she says things like " you love your bitcoins more than you love me  Angry"

I given up trying to deny this fact.

chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 06:18:41 PM

Damn! That's some serious black and white thinking right there. No way to cure her of that? Wink

Haha, I've been making some pretty big strides in changing her ways of thinking... but the fact of the matter is that, like what other people have been posting, she doesn't really see the point of it; primarily because she doesn't see how it is possible that the USD (or any other major fiat for that matter) can ever collapse along with a global economy. 

I've explained to her the ways the central banks operate and how "creating money out of nothing" will inevitably have to result in some catostrophic collapse... but whenever I get to that point in the conversation, I just usually lose her interest and we end up changing subjects...

It's ok though, I don't need her to understand my view point as much as I don't need to understand hers for not thinking with my same logic. 

Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 06:31:24 PM

I have a girlfriend and she is not very technically savvy and I have tried to explain what Bitcoin is to her but she just can't grasp the whole idea behind crypto coins and Bitcoin is still 'magical money on the Internet' for her. In short she is neutral to Bitcoin and really doesn't mind me spending time messing with Bitcoin exchanges and stuff as long as I am buying her nice gifts  Grin But if I had a wife I would be wary telling her about my virtual Bitcoin empire  Wink
Laniakea (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 06:32:26 PM

she says things like " you love your bitcoins more than you love me  Angry"

I given up trying to deny this fact.

Damn, that's a little sad Cry

I can only advise you to make her feel that you love her the most in a state of high serotonine.

She will believe you, and she will understand what Bitcoin means to you naturally.

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2016, 06:33:20 PM

"Interesting". "Future".  (not kidding)  Wink

@adamstgBit

Cheesy

Laniakea (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 06:36:48 PM

"Interesting". "Future".  (not kidding)  Wink

Very nice! My wife is similar. Has she used some Bitcoin on her own, though, ie. sending/receiving? Mine has never done that so far, although she seems interested.

I think there's not enough motivation for her to actually try and use it, she'd probably need the oh-wow-I-actually-just-received-some-btc-moment all on her own.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: