Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 09:11:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: June 2016  (Read 1090 times)
sandiman (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 05:19:31 PM

Guys, everyone should get ready for the next month.

Some of you should fasten their seatbelt, while other buy some tissue.

Being more serious, I am expecting some movements in the cryptoscene (BTC, LTC, ETH and then, other alts)
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1426

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 05:20:45 PM

Markets are constantly moving, yes.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
sandiman (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 05:27:01 PM

I am expeting moves of bigger amplitude for the stated tokens that will afterwards impact other smaller cryptocurrencies.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 06:32:19 PM

I don't think there will be any radical price movement. Way too many people are expecting it.

Just a useless gut feeling but I think BTC will keep slowly raising and maybe it will reach ~$600 at the end of the year if we're lucky, but nothing crazy in July or August.

Not your keys, not your coins!
sandiman (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 06:46:36 PM

I don't think there will be any radical price movement. Way too many people are expecting it.

Just a useless gut feeling but I think BTC will keep slowly raising and maybe it will reach ~$600 at the end of the year if we're lucky, but nothing crazy in July or August.

You got a point, i was previously thinking the same. But as we have seen when it is less expected a pump can occur. maybe I should relativise my words and not speak about radical movement.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2016, 06:55:03 PM

Ethereum is certainly boogieing; it's back up above $11. Interestingly, so is Litecoin. As I write, it's $4.17. (All figures from Polo's USDT markets.)

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2016, 07:01:34 PM

Bitcoin is going to $600+ soon before/after the reward halving. Its just inevitable (if there are no some bad news in the world of digital currencies). My concerns are about other coins/assets, which eventually will be dumped from the people who will follow BTC's uptrend...

sandiman (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 07:04:48 PM

Ethereum is certainly boogieing; it's back up above $11. Interestingly, so is Litecoin. As I write, it's $4.17. (All figures from Polo's USDT markets.)

Exactly, both cause of my post. I was predicting Litecoin to break 0.009 this week, and 2 hours latter it reached 0.93 on btc-e (which for ltc that is very stable is quite a bigger move than usual). Moreover, I don't know what are your feeling, but I think than most of the price variation concerning ethereum comes from the DAO, and we probably are still far away from the FOMO that will cause the last day of DAO's crowdsales.
bathrobehero
Legendary

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 07:10:59 PM

Bitcoin is going to $600+ soon before/after the reward halving. Its just inevitable (if there are no some bad news in the world of digital currencies). My concerns are about other coins/assets, which eventually will be dumped from the people who will follow BTC's uptrend...

I seriously doubt a sharp increase will happen. I have friends who had no idea what BTC was weeks ago investing a bunch of money in it anticipating the price to double. So many people expect the price to double that I doubt that it will happen.

And of course the biggest miners very likely stockpiled a shitton of BTC also expecting the price to rise a lot (if not double).

On one hand I hope I'm wrong but on another hand radical price changes alone are getting in the way of adoption - a lot of people want nothing to do with a coin that's price is so volatile.

spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2016, 07:51:33 PM

I seriously doubt a sharp increase will happen. I have friends who had no idea what BTC was weeks ago investing a bunch of money in it anticipating the price to double. So many people expect the price to double that I doubt that it will happen.

And of course the biggest miners very likely stockpiled a shitton of BTC also expecting the price to rise a lot (if not double).

On one hand I hope I'm wrong but on another hand radical price changes alone are getting in the way of adoption - a lot of people want nothing to do with a coin that's price is so volatile.

You forgot few things:
1. Hashrate is controlled by the chinese.
2. Their largest mining farms made ROI long time ago.
3. Bitcoin's lower (than "expected") price just don't suits them.
4. They have a lot of money so they can wait.
5. Reward halves.
6. Speculation...

LCSociety

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 07:59:15 PM

This...

+1

Plus loads (thousands) of bitcoins are currently being held by developers, miners and the like.

I'm not a skeptic at all, but in real terms a 10x increase needs to be analysed.

If you're holding a million $ or more in BTC, that's 10million + you'd end up with after a 10x run upwards. If you're holding 10 million $ or more (many people are), that's 100 Mill profit per each holder... does the market have the liquidity to allow BILLIONS of dollars worth of bitcoin to be sold without it causing a major drop in price? ..... I'm not so sure.

But, I dunno... There might be alot of new money coming in if the price starts going apeshit again. Who knows.

In any case, I have one foot in and one foot out. You've got to play the game to win right?

I do local BTC/FIAT arbitrage in London.. and recently met up with some rather pompous university professor wannabe btc trader guys who literally laughed in a snide way amongst themselves after I suggested the price might fall dramatically this year, instead of a major increase.

Being a contrarian isn't all that fun..... until the market proves you right that is Cheesy

Chart-wise things do look like it did pre-pump back in 2013. So something big is DEFINITELY on the horizon. It's gonna be interesting to see how it all pans out
sandiman (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 09:15:43 PM

I don't think that miners are expecting something from the price. As you say, since they've got shitton of btc, they should rationally move the price where they think it fits their ROI, unless other big whale don't agree with that.

This...

+1

Plus loads (thousands) of bitcoins are currently being held by developers, miners and the like.

I'm not a skeptic at all, but in real terms a 10x increase needs to be analysed.

If you're holding a million $ or more in BTC, that's 10million + you'd end up with after a 10x run upwards. If you're holding 10 million $ or more (many people are), that's 100 Mill profit per each holder... does the market have the liquidity to allow BILLIONS of dollars worth of bitcoin to be sold without it causing a major drop in price? ..... I'm not so sure.

But, I dunno... There might be alot of new money coming in if the price starts going apeshit again. Who knows.

In any case, I have one foot in and one foot out. You've got to play the game to win right?

I do local BTC/FIAT arbitrage in London.. and recently met up with some rather pompous university professor wannabe btc trader guys who literally laughed in a snide way amongst themselves after I suggested the price might fall dramatically this year, instead of a major increase.

Being a contrarian isn't all that fun..... until the market proves you right that is Cheesy

Chart-wise things do look like it did pre-pump back in 2013. So something big is DEFINITELY on the horizon. It's gonna be interesting to see how it all pans out

I was not meaning an increase of 10x but much less, probably not even 2x but it would still be enough to move other markets. Nonetheless, as other university professor wannabe, I am bullish on bitcoin and don't see the price to fall, at least no drastically (sure if it goes up correction will occur).
MissionPhailed

Activity: 583
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 09:21:09 PM

Don't forget about the new player that'll probably play a prominent role in June; LISK. Will be released on the 24th of this month and could explode in value. Supply is more limited compared to Ethereum and demand seems to be pretty high.
bathrobehero
Legendary

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 09:28:25 PM

Don't forget about the new player that'll probably play a prominent role in June; LISK. Will be released on the 24th of this month and could explode in value. Supply is more limited compared to Ethereum and demand seems to be pretty high.

But for how long? Most often than not coins that gain a shitton of value within a short period of time usually go down just as fast. It's a very risky investment which means it's probably avoided by a lot of people.

LCSociety

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 10:12:05 PM

People seem to gloss over the fact that bitcoin has already made a 150%+ move since last august. In any other market, a crash would be expected - not a further run upward.

Again, this is just me analysing how simple it is for things to go "the other way."

Doesn't mean I haven't got one foot deeply in the market. This trade has been the talk of the town for THREE YEARS. So I have to assume that a pump doesn't even need to occur for the largest holders to make bank. The largest holders have already made money, they're just waiting for the opportunity to cash out.

Liquidity on the buy side will be rife with or without a pump since everyone has been trained over the last three years to believe that halving = price spike. Buyers will be (already are) lining up to pick up some coin (or get dumped on, however you'd like to say it)

If you're thinking logically, then you should always consider what may happen if things go opposite to how you're expecting - and why/how.

I'm just as deep in the trenches as any other BTC speculator, but it'd be insanity for me to leap out of the trenches all guns blazing without first mapping out a strategy to guard against defeat.

Bitcoin has already moved 150%+ since last august... this is a monster move. Holders of $500,000 worth of BTC are now millionaires.... Holders of $250,000 now have 500K worth of coin. Not to mention those with $10 mill, $20 mill etc they have to cash out at some point to convert their paper profits into real profits

common sense no?  
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1426

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 11:42:53 PM

I am expeting moves of bigger amplitude for the stated tokens that will afterwards impact other smaller cryptocurrencies.

Trends come and go in the markets, yes.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
sandiman (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 08:09:30 AM

I agree with that statement but in the short term at least I wouldn't try to comparea brand new coin with the top 3 marketcap.

People seem to gloss over the fact that bitcoin has already made a 150%+ move since last august. In any other market, a crash would be expected - not a further run upward.

Again, this is just me analysing how simple it is for things to go "the other way."

Doesn't mean I haven't got one foot deeply in the market. This trade has been the talk of the town for THREE YEARS. So I have to assume that a pump doesn't even need to occur for the largest holders to make bank. The largest holders have already made money, they're just waiting for the opportunity to cash out.

Liquidity on the buy side will be rife with or without a pump since everyone has been trained over the last three years to believe that halving = price spike. Buyers will be (already are) lining up to pick up some coin (or get dumped on, however you'd like to say it)

If you're thinking logically, then you should always consider what may happen if things go opposite to how you're expecting - and why/how.

I'm just as deep in the trenches as any other BTC speculator, but it'd be insanity for me to leap out of the trenches all guns blazing without first mapping out a strategy to guard against defeat.

Bitcoin has already moved 150%+ since last august... this is a monster move. Holders of $500,000 worth of BTC are now millionaires.... Holders of $250,000 now have 500K worth of coin. Not to mention those with $10 mill, $20 mill etc they have to cash out at some point to convert their paper profits into real profits

common sense no? 

Totally agree with the bold statetement, but with both knows that this 150% rise since last august has also been one of the less volatile period for bitcoin since its release.
smho_16

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 09:41:19 AM

I think price have been stable during last days, and it need a major force to bring some price movement, maybe when halving comes it will move the price of bitcoin and other alts but this remains pure speculation, we cannot know from now what will happen after the halving, its just mere prediction.
ArafaA

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 09:59:53 AM

I am ready for it , if you look closely to the market of all coins including BTC ,you would note some increase around as in ETH,LTC...etc.
Hope that i have more saving to invest .
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 1207

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2016, 02:38:50 PM

Guys, everyone should get ready for the next month.

Some of you should fasten their seatbelt, while other buy some tissue.

Being more serious, I am expecting some movements in the cryptoscene (BTC, LTC, ETH and then, other alts)

There's nothing new to your so called prediction it always happen at some point on those coin you mentioned,it's just this year is special for bitcoin holders and maybe for the other crypto currency

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: