Bitcoin Forum
August 30, 2024, 01:50:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Question for A newbie  (Read 495 times)
R0cK0 (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 01:04:26 AM

Hi all,

Hope some can give me some info, id be very grateful for the smallest bit of help!!

BTC At the moment are are $30 for me and what I need them 4 that's crazy money for one BTC Roll Eyes
I want to get into Mining but im not sure exactly how it all works, I would like to know no1 if I get
a ok mining setup going will I earn BTCs from it or how does it work?

Also I see the new tech that's becoming available for mining, if I was to start mining now or soon
would A ASIICS system be they way to go? GPU & CPUs Are old hardware for mining now yea??

Im not really looking too make money from mining but to get BTCs to spend but if I had extra and
money can be made why not Smiley

KK Thats about it for now, m nearly a Jr Member so 2moro I will be posting in all sections I hope  Smiley

Regards
S
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 01:08:50 AM

Hi all,

Hope some can give me some info, id be very grateful for the smallest bit of help!!

BTC At the moment are are $30 for me and what I need them 4 that's crazy money for one BTC Roll Eyes
I want to get into Mining but im not sure exactly how it all works, I would like to know no1 if I get

Also I see the new tech that's becoming available for mining, if I was to start mining now or soon
would A ASIICS system be they way to go? GPU & CPUs Are old hardware for mining now yea??

Im not really looking too make money from mining but to get BTCs to spend but if I had extra and

KK Thats about it for now, m nearly a Jr Member so 2moro I will be posting in all sections I hope  Smiley

Regards
S

All your questions have already been answered many times. Simple search will give you what you seek.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
FreedomCoin

Activity: 675
Merit: 507

Freedom to choose

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 02:54:38 AM

Hi all,

Regards
S

Right now Avalon has chips out but all are on back order, BFL should be releasing soon. But seems a month or longer out before you can just order one. If you have a radeon card look into the mhash it produces and stick with that till the ASICs have been time tested.

R0cK0 (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 03:22:23 PM

Hi all,

Regards
S

All your questions have already been answered many times. Simple search will give you what you seek.

Hi and im sorry, I was sure that the search function was not availible too me until I became a Jr member
sorry for my mistake
R0cK0 (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 03:30:12 PM

Hi all,

Regards
S

Right now Avalon has chips out but all are on back order, BFL should be releasing soon. But seems a month or longer out before you can just order one. If you have a radeon card look into the mhash it produces and stick with that till the ASICs have been time tested.

Cheers mate il keep having read around as much as I can before I jump into anything, all I  really wanted to know was would
mining coins be a better option then buying them? I need to buy BTC but not at that price no way! So now in looking into
mining as a cheper way to get the coins id need, I would need like 60 a month max, would that be hard too get by mining?
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 03:32:30 PM

I need to buy BTC but not at that price no way!
It is too late to buy them for 15$  Wink

Nah, mining isn't  exactly cheaper, maybe if you get an ASIC in the long term it will be profitable, but good luck getting an ASIC, everyone wants one. And then difficulty will skyrocket.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: