Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:24:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Has smooth BRIBED AnonyMint/TPTB_need_war?  (Read 1868 times)
cryptosecurity (OP)

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 07:51:04 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2016, 09:50:21 PM by cryptosecurity

I like smooth. He has been very fair with me and helped me also. He even paid/donated  a few BTC one time to me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 08:02:50 PM

Doesn't come unexpected to be honest but still quite a SHOCKER

I like smooth. He has been very fair with me and helped me also. He even paid/donated  a few BTC one time to me.

´smooth´ is the anonymous front face and imperialist of the controversial Monero Club.

´AnonyMint/TPTB_need_war´ is an independent Cryptopioneer who is on the forefront of crypto auditing.

Evidently, smooth has deliberately bribed AnonyMint/TPTB_need_war in order to silence him on Monero's severe flaws.

LOL no. We offered him a bounty for identifying weaknesses in Monero in 2014*, which I paid him and he has written about on the forum many times since. Nothing has been kept secret.

Nice FUD though.

* This was in connection with the alleged coin-stealing vulnerability in the crypto BCX claimed to have, and which TPTB claimed to have found, but which turned out to be nonexistant FUD. What TPTB found had nothing to do with BCX but was still a valid contribution so I paid him anyway.

somacoin

Activity: 497
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2016, 08:06:38 PM

I like smooth. He has been very fair with me and helped me also. He even paid/donated  a few BTC one time to me.

´smooth´ is the anonymous front face and imperialist of the controversial Monero Club.

´AnonyMint/TPTB_need_war´ is an independent Cryptopioneer who is on the forefront of crypto auditing.

Evidently, smooth has deliberately bribed AnonyMint/TPTB_need_war in order to silence him on Monero's severe flaws.

LOL no. We offered him a bounty for identifying weaknesses in Monero in 2014*, which I paid him and he has written about on the forum many times since. Nothing has been kept secret.

Nice FUD though.

* This was in connection with the alleged coin-stealing vulnerability in the crypto BCX claimed to have, and which TPTB claimed to have found, but which turned out to be nonexistant FUD. What TPTB found had nothing to do with BCX but was still a valid contribution so I paid him anyway.

@Spoetnik
could you please come into this thread and share your detailed opinion on the present matter with us?
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2016, 08:29:03 PM

What I think funny is that the same day TPTB_need_war (as sockpuppet1) calls Monerian's communists a real sock puppet calls smooth an imperialist who bribed TPTB_need_war to say nice things about Monero. Too weird.

The key breakthrough is to remove the simultaneity requirement (lol, I am the one who fixes Gregory Maxwell's broken CoinJoin in 10 minutes of my spare time while my head is deep in designing a programming language)

And, sadly, the margin of this forum is too small to include the proof.

Should you one day find a margin large enough to contain substantial reviewable work in your lengthy tribulations through the Internet, give us a shout.

Enjoy your snobbery (just like your xerox copies Shen-noether and Gmaxwell). It won't help you. You only make me hate Monero more when you do that.

I am moving too fast to worry about your need for a proof. You think I care what you think. Why would I? Are you offering me anything. Can you help me create a programming language. Can you help me code a crypto-currency. Will you pay me anything for providing a proof. No.

Monero = Communism

instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 08:30:58 PM

What I think funny is that the same day TPTB_need_war (as sockpuppet1) calls Monerian's communists a real sock puppet calls smooth an imperialist who bribed TPTB_need_war to say nice things about Monero. Too weird.

This can only happen here on Bitcointalk! Grin
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 08:44:41 PM

I like smooth. He has been very fair with me and helped me also. He even paid/donated  a few BTC one time to me.

Nice FUD though.

Yes smooth paid me out of his own pocket. I thought I had an agreement with Monero but I guess there isn't really any official "Monero" so it wasn't quite clear who would judge if I deserved any bounty. It was a mess.

And smooth out of the kindness of his own heart, paid me afair 2.5 BTC.

The BCX incident is difficult to explain. I thought I was helping and as smooth says I did find one insight, but in another way I unwittingly perhaps helped BCX short Monero or whatever he did. I am not really even clear what happened.

Any way smooth never bribed me. Smooth knows he doesn't own me. Lol. I flip him middle finger in PMs sometimes (rarely and almost always about the community he is managing). Seriously though, smooth is an ethical person.

Your issue with smooth is not his ethics. The issue is smooth believes in community very much. I just want to point out to smooth that a community of Linux developers is not the same animal as a community of gamblers who are not communing about coding.

Smooth and I would be happy campers in a forum of like-minded programmers talking tech shop.

My guess is Smooth seems to believe in enforcing ethics and creating a community for Monero. I think this is where the boundaries get blurred. It is not that smooth is incorrect in his logic. But there are different perspectives and feelings in play. And different vested interests and all valid from their own right. I think perhaps we just need to admit the altcoin arena is a Wild West that doesnt want a Sheriff.

Any way, he is free to do it his way. Smooth has very little influence over me. He has influence over me in terms of explaining realities in the altcoin scene that I wasn't focused on. But I also work through the logic on my own and eventually perhaps come to a different perspective over time.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 08:56:49 PM

Lol. Do you know what it feels like when you have a eureka moment, then share it and have noobtrader and MoneroMoo tell you that you are piece of shit that never accomplished anything and you are delusional meglomaniac and other kinds of other nice words.

And then when I refute ArticMine's Communist defense of Copy-left licenses, smooth protects his community by deleting my posts. I mean I am in the middle of a debate and he censors it. I understand the dilemma he has. But I would never, never had put up with a community like that.

<joke>If I end up with a community like that, I will disown them! I'll kick them out on their ass to go join my competitor. Even Linus knows troublemakers are not worth it. You keep the people who can help you succeed. Let your competitor have the riff raff, lol.</joke>

Seriously though the altcoin scene is a rollercoaster of male menstruation cycles.

Basically the community I am shooting for are those who are helpful, pleasant, insightful, critical in an amicable way, and of course the big prize is the huge community of 6 billion people. I don't expect to get them all into a forum. I have to reach them with technology. So this forum is kind of irrelevant in a way.

prettybuds

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 09:02:10 PM

Lol. Do you know what it feels like when you have a eureka moment, then share it and have noobtrader and MoneroMoo tell you that you are piece of shit that never accomplished anything and you are delusional meglomaniac and other kinds of other nice words.

And then when I refute ArticMine's Communist defense of Copy-left licenses, smooth protects his community by deleting my posts. I mean I am in the middle of a debate and he censors it. I understand the dilemma he has. But I would never, never had put up with a community like that.

<joke>If I end up with a community like that, I will disown them! I'll kick them out on their ass to go join my competitor. Even Linus knows troublemakers are not worth it. You keep the people who can help you succeed. Let your competitor have the riff raff, lol.</joke>

Seriously though the altcoin scene is a rollercoaster of male menstruation cycles.

Lol. In my opinion the problem about the Monero community is that smooth himself is one who tells everyone that they are a piece of s*** and delusional meglomaniacs and what not. You paint him innocent. He's insanely guilty.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 09:06:35 PM

rarely and almost always about the community he is managing). Seriously though, smooth is an ethical person.

Good reply overall except for that part. I'm not "managing" any community, I'm part of one (actually many, some overlapping). I have no say over what people do, nor who supports Monero and what they say or do about it. People are responsible for their own actions.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 09:08:56 PM

rarely and almost always about the community he is managing). Seriously though, smooth is an ethical person.

Good reply overall except for that part. I'm not "managing" any community, I'm part of one (actually many, some overlapping). I have no say over what people do, nor who supports Monero and what they say or do about it. People are responsible for their own actions.

This is that "we are doing it decentralized" philosophies that is very important to your ethics.

Okay but I just want to remind you that you are the dicktator in chief of the Monero Speculation thread that is bumped every 6 seconds.

Dicktator != decentralized.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 09:10:06 PM

smooth himself is one who tells everyone that they are a piece of s*** and delusional meglomaniacs and what not.

Not everyone no, but some people are pieces of shit, and when they are I call them out and reference the evidence documenting it.

If you want a nice fun time gambling on nonsense, with no one being challenged (other than maybe some friendly ribbing) when they fuck up or held accountable for their own actions, stick with your Friday night poker game or office betting pool.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 09:11:18 PM

This is that "we are doing it decentralized" philosophies that is very important to your ethics.

Okay but I just want to remind you that you are the dicktator in chief of the Monero Speculation thread that is bumped every 6 seconds.

Dicktator != decentralized.

Speculation thread != Monero. If you want to criticize me for my actions on the speculation thread, whether or not I agree with you, that is legitimate. If you want to criticize me for the actions of others, that is not legitimate.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 09:18:25 PM

smooth himself is one who tells everyone that they are a piece of s*** and delusional meglomaniacs and what not.

Not everyone no, but some people are pieces of shit, and when they are I call them out and reference the evidence documenting it.

If you want a nice fun time gambling on nonsense, with no one being challenged (other than maybe some friendly ribbing) when they fuck up or held accountable for their own actions, stick with your Friday night poker game or office betting pool.

I understand smooth's feeling. He has worked very hard to try to produce a quality open source, decentralized methodology (i.e. not necessarily the current result) for improving crypto-currency.

In short he and I both believe in meritocracy. And the principles of open source.

I also got frustrated seeing others get so much for so little effort or technological accomplishment. But I also started to remember that nature isn't fair. Nature has its own way of annealing to the fittest result over time. It doesn't always take a straight path.

The difference I think may be the degree of religion. I am not quite yet sure of the difference in our personalities.

Every man is unique.

I am very flexible to aberrations, paradigm shift, and serendipity. I reinvent myself often. Some people thought I was dipolar because I am so apt to take a sudden right turn without warning. It is not dipolar. I just have a very highly elevated level of dopamine.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 09:33:25 PM

Ceti, it is scumbags like you that create threads like this claiming that I bribed TPTB to keep quiet when I claim that I didn't, TPTB claims that I didn't, and the original poster has no evidence all contradicting either of us. It is nothing but a made up smear tactic, that that is quite pathetic.

So yes, someone has something to hide here, but it isn't us, it is the people creating threads like this, or like yours, that make a lot of bogus claims to attack people (such as the nonexistent "Monero marketing team") with no evidence.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 09:56:26 PM

Ceti, it is scumbags like you that create threads like this claiming that I bribed TPTB to keep quiet when I claim that I didn't, TPTB claims that I didn't, and the original poster has no evidence all contradicting either of us. It is nothing but a made up smear tactic, that that is quite pathetic.

So yes, someone has something to hide here, but it isn't us, it is the people creating threads like this, or like yours, that make a lot of bogus claims to attack people (such as the nonexistent "Monero marketing team") with no evidence.

Son, you and your cabal are so busy running around mocking, harassing, bulling and stalking anyone and everything that has to do with alt coins

No, only the bad actors I happen to notice.

that it's amusing when you act all surprised when folk start pushing back and calling you out.

I'm not surprised at all, just pointing out that you and the creator of this thread have no evidence. When you have no evidence and make things up, that is not "pushing back and calling you out" it is a smear tactic (again TPTB as well as me in this case).

It would be simple to refute this by providing some evidence that I bribed TPTB to keep quiet.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 10:06:09 PM

Son, you and your cabal are so busy running around mocking, harassing, bulling and stalking anyone and everything that has to do with alt coins

No, only the bad actors I happen to notice.

..and that is how you and your cabal rationalise mocking, harassing, bulling and stalking anyone and everything that has to do with alt coins.

Read more carefully. I don't have a cabal, and you can't prove otherwise, so again you are making the same baseless claims i.e. smear tactic.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 10:15:59 PM

I am staying out this argument.

Somehow I feel I'll be dragged into it. I'll step on somebody's toes.

Welcome to Altcoin Roller Ball.

Gillette

Activity: 744

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 03:11:32 PM

Severe flows? Which one? Do you have proofs?
prettybuds

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 03:15:43 PM

I don't know what severe flows are, but if you mean severe flaws

https://nxtforum.org/alternate-cryptocurrencies/monero-(xmr)-'no-long-term-future'-fatal-exploit-found/?PHPSESSID=avq335i2hul5sreab5ht6oo6h0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1473091.0

and many more, just google Monero flaws and you'll be overwhelmed by what'll come your way.
Gillette

Activity: 744

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 03:29:18 PM

I don't know what severe flows are, but if you mean severe flaws

https://nxtforum.org/alternate-cryptocurrencies/monero-(xmr)-'no-long-term-future'-fatal-exploit-found/?PHPSESSID=avq335i2hul5sreab5ht6oo6h0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1473091.0

and many more, just google Monero flaws and you'll be overwhelmed by what'll come your way.

The first link dates 2 years ago and the OP of that thread did not provide any evidence he found the flaw!

The second link directs to the famous scammer`s (he is linked to the creation of such scam coins as crave, stealthcash, etc) thread which is moderated!

So when you speak about flaws, provide any proof!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: