Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:37:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I move BitCoins?  (Read 6941 times)
UncleBuckRIU (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 03:47:12 AM

1) How long should it take for coins to appear from 7-11 to Mt.Gox

2) How do I move coins from Mt.Gox to BlockChain?

3) How do I move coins from Block Chain to Silk Road? Or can I use the bits directly from Blockchain to Silk Road?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 04:09:57 AM

Using BitInstant for that, it can happen in minutes.  When a problem occurs, whether on your end, MoneyGram's end, or BitInstant's end, it may take hours or a day or so.

BitInstant is only moving USDs currently, apparently.  So you would need to use those USDs to buy bitcoins at Mt. Gox.   From there you withdraw to the Bitcoin address you provide (from your Blockchain.info/wallet if that is what you use) and that withdrawal is generally processed in minutes.

Then from Blockchain.info/wallet you would Send money to a Bitcoin address of wherever you are sending funds.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

UncleBuckRIU (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 04:38:33 AM

So does a Silk Road account have a built in wallet?
thejestre

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 05:28:47 AM

3) How do I move coins from Block Chain to Silk Road? Or can I use the bits directly from Blockchain to Silk Road?

Hello,

I'm a newbie also but I can help with some of your questions.

1) I assume you are using BitInstant.  I have used that service 4 times, and each time the money shows up in my MtGox by the time I drive home from wiring the money.  Once the money appears in your MtGox account it helps to keep an eye on the exchange rate - some days it moves a lot in a short time.  When the rate looks good, buy Bitcoins.

2) I assume you are asking how to move BTC from MtGox to your Blockchain.info wallet.  That is pretty easy.  Log in to your Blockchain.info wallet and go to the "Receive Money" tab to find your addresses.  Chances are you only have one.  Copy that address, then log into MtGox and go to the Trade area, then Funding Options, then Withdraw Funds.  The default method is Bitcoins.  Fill in the amount to send, and your Blockchain.info address, then press the Confirm button.  Be super sure you use your correct Blockchain.info address or your Bitcoins could be lost forever!  Maybe try it with a small amount first to get the hang of it.  I've had transfers take between 20 minutes and an hour.

3) I've never used Silk Road before [I usually stay off of TOR unless it is really necessary].  I do not know if they force you to transfer BTC to them before you buy stuff or if that is just done between the buyers and sellers.  Either way, another site that might be useful to you is instawallet.org - it provides free and easy-to-use anonymous Bitcoin wallets.  This can be a nice way to have a few addresses between you and a seller on Silk Road, since I understand they aren't selling popcorn and soda Wink.

Just a note of advice from a fellow BTC newbie: take transfer time into account and plan ahead.  Like I said earlier I have had transfers go through in as few as 20 minutes and as long as 1 hour, so if you think you want to use an in-between wallet on instawallet.org give yourself enough time to transfer the dough.

Hope that helps,

_theJestre
krotchkricket

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 03:35:26 PM

Yes, when logged into your SR account, click on the "Account" link at the top of the page. Once that page opens, you will see your Bitcoin address listed midway down the page. Copy that Bitcoin address, and if you want to transfer bitcoins from MtGox to SR, then just log into your MtGox account and click on the "Funding Options" link. Then where it says "Add Funds, Withdraw Funds, Redeem Codes", click on Withdraw funds. Enter the amount of Bitcoins you want to transfer to your SR wallet, and then paste the Bitcoin address you copied from your SR "Account" page. You may want to follow the jestre's advice though and do a small transfer first to make sure you've entered the right address and you havent botched something along the way. When you see the transferred amount show up at the top of your SR page where it shows your account balance then you know you've done it right and you can go ahead and transfer the rest. Hope that helps.
945wildman

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 09:05:46 PM

If anyone else is watching this post, I am curious on why Mtgox would not let me withdraw and send bitcoin to SR.  I went through normal steps, but it came back saying my account was not verified.  I didn't think it was necessary to go through the entire verification when transfer such small amounts.  Can anyone confirm that the Mtgox account has to be formally verified in order to transfer coin to SR?

Yes, when logged into your SR account, click on the "Account" link at the top of the page. Once that page opens, you will see your Bitcoin address listed midway down the page. Copy that Bitcoin address, and if you want to transfer bitcoins from MtGox to SR, then just log into your MtGox account and click on the "Funding Options" link. Then where it says "Add Funds, Withdraw Funds, Redeem Codes", click on Withdraw funds. Enter the amount of Bitcoins you want to transfer to your SR wallet, and then paste the Bitcoin address you copied from your SR "Account" page. You may want to follow the jestre's advice though and do a small transfer first to make sure you've entered the right address and you havent botched something along the way. When you see the transferred amount show up at the top of your SR page where it shows your account balance then you know you've done it right and you can go ahead and transfer the rest. Hope that helps.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 12:20:38 AM

Can anyone confirm that the Mtgox account has to be formally verified in order to transfer coin to SR?

FFS, people.   Stop using exchanges tied to the banking system [Edit: directly] with services that will likely get you in trouble.  

You can use a throwaway wallet somewhere in the middle as one approach.

You can use a mixing service, such as shared deposits with Blockchain.info/wallet, for example.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █