Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 11:40:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best way to send money from USA to Germany?  (Read 685 times)
notig (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 03:48:58 AM

My sister periodically sends money from here to germany and pays all the fees so I'm wondering....

If she gets coinbase linked to her account... and buys the bitcoins from coinbase then sends them to someone in germany... what's the best way for that person in germany to cash them out? I suppose they use Euros so it would be in euros?
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 03:56:58 AM

My sister periodically sends money from here to germany and pays all the fees so I'm wondering....

If she gets coinbase linked to her account... and buys the bitcoins from coinbase then sends them to someone in germany... what's the best way for that person in germany to cash them out? I suppose they use Euros so it would be in euros?

There are many options for cash out with SEPA withdrawal:

BITSTAMP.net is one of the more widely used methods (going by their exchange volume):
 - http://www.BITSTAMP.net

There is also the market exchanges Bitcoin-Central.net, Bitcoin-24.com, and BTC-e.com.

Others that cash-out bitcoins for EUR include:

- http://bitcoinsinberlin.com
 - http://www.Bitcoin.de

There may even be a local buyer to find someone with coins to sell:
 - https://localbitcoins.com/country/DE/

And a few others as well:
 - http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Selling_bitcoins

What's great is that the SEPA transfer is fairly inexpensive, and with Coinbase it is a flat 1% fee, so a test can be performed on a smaller amount (e.g., $50 or $100) at little cost.

One drawback to using Coinbase, however, is that the price is locked in at the time of purchase but the bitcoins aren't delivered for several days.  This means that you would be exposing yourself to the bitcoin exchange rate risk during that period of time.   Also, for the first 30 days, a Coinbase customer has a probationary period where the buying limit is $100 worth of coins per day.

There is another option available -- and that is to use Dwolla.  With Dwolla you link a bank account, much like you do with Coinbase, except that after you have USD funds at Dwolla you can then send from Dwolla to an exchange (e.g., Camp BX or Mt. Gox), and the transfer is credited to your exchange account promptly.   Then coins can be bought and the bitcoins transferred and cashed out all occurring within minutes.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

MonetizingForum

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2013, 04:44:05 AM

You could sell the coins on btc-e or mtgox also
janspambox

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 11:24:23 AM

If you do this on a regular basis, don't forget to look into non-bitcoin transfer methods too. If a simple bank transfer is too expensive, there are money transfer services that could be cheaper. Don't get tricked - make sure to look for the entire amount. Some services (e.g. xoom) offer extremely low fees, then scam you on the exchange rate.

With Bitcoin, you have the fees from buying and then again fees from selling. It may well be cheaper than the overpriced transfer services, but it doesn't have to. Additionally, you have an exchange rate risk (the BTC rate can fluctuate during the transaction). Especially given that there is a possibility that the current high exchange rate is a bubble that can quickly burst, you may want to consider this.
arlekyn13

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 09:38:29 AM

bitcoin-24.com is the market exchanges you're looking for.
It has most German customers, a built-in chat system where the admin (a German guy) sometimes actually pops in so it's pretty easy to obtain support. Most important of all, it has no fees for selling/buying bitcoins and EUR 1.24 for SEPA withdrawals.

1CmrswU7JYpi9WNC8EHWCV3aam1FJsW2Zu - to show appreciation for my work
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: