Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 02:00:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a game developers  (Read 494 times)
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2016, 09:47:58 AM

Hello,

A real life friend of mine has an idea about creating game (or game series) with educational purpose. He is bulgarian (though he lives in the US for quite some time) and he wants children in Bulgaria to learn about its history by completing simple tasks, while playing the game/s. The scenario for the game/s will be provided by him. I'm not sure what kind of games (and/or developers) are needed, but feel free to post suggestions (or offers, if you have some background) in this thread. He, of course, is ready to pay for everything.

P.S. I'm just trying to do him a favor by looking on more places (such as this forum).

Cheers,
Spartak

naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 07:00:29 PM

I'm not a game developer or anything so I'd like to start this post by apologizing to you.
However, I'd like to be a 'beta tester' if there's a possibility that you'd need some honest reviews.
Goodluck to your friend's game Smiley
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2016, 07:04:03 PM

What type of game developer? There are many coding languages out there that are used to make games with.
KenR

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

「きみはこれ&#

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 07:05:46 PM

I'm not a game developer or anything so I'd like to start this post by apologizing to you.
However, I'd like to be a 'beta tester' if there's a possibility that you'd need some honest reviews.

Pal,the game is not even in its beta releases now and you already want to be a beta tester .You can't be for real ? Tell me more about game testing,everyone loves game testing.

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .WEBSITE.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .ANN THREAD.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 07:09:42 PM

Hello,

A real life friend of mine has an idea about creating game (or game series) with educational purpose. He is bulgarian (though he lives in the US for quite some time) and he wants children in Bulgaria to learn about its history by completing simple tasks, while playing the game/s. The scenario for the game/s will be provided by him. I'm not sure what kind of games (and/or developers) are needed, but feel free to post suggestions (or offers, if you have some background) in this thread. He, of course, is ready to pay for everything.

P.S. I'm just trying to do him a favor by looking on more places (such as this forum).

Cheers,
Spartak

First of all I should know for which platform will this game made for? PC/Android/iOS or all of them? Another thing is will it be 3D or 2D Game. I have experience in game development so I will contact you and see if I can do it.
PeRo

Activity: 1040
Merit: 538

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 07:13:41 PM

You should put more info.

As what platforms is it for, is it 2D or 3D? What engines are you using, what languages and what team positions are you accepting(Coder, 3D modeler, animator etc.).

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2016, 09:32:41 PM

Hello,

I know how it may sounds, but my friend is not exactly sure what he wants. The idea is to be somehow interesting and to serve its main purpose - to be educational. My personal thoughts are that the platform is not relevant. It is why I believe that probably few examples could help. If someone is good at something (no matter the platform), he could be "his guy". What I can vouch for is that my friend is really passioned, he loves our country, he does not expect any profits from that, and he will pay.

P.S. There are a lot of smart people in here. If you have the skills (and lets say, children), just think about on how can you entertain them, while they are learning. We all know how the technologies are advancing and our children are arguably becoming smarter than us, but meanwhile they are missing some things.

Cheers,
Spartak

Arrakeen

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Offer escrow, receive negative trust

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 09:39:02 PM

Pal,the game is not even in its beta releases now and you already want to be a beta tester .You can't be for real ? Tell me more about game testing,everyone loves game testing.

What's wrong with what he said?  I think he is 'for real', the game creators can always send him a message asking to test when the game does reach beta.

"Tell you more about game testing, everyone loves game testing"

I'm just guessing here, but I don't think everyone loves game testing.  Being a tester isn't as glamorous as it sounds, and repeatedly bumping into random walls or picking up and dropping an item 100 times gets old fast.  The reality of game testing isn't just playing through the game, but rather trying to break it - which usually involves hundreds of hours of boring, repetitive actions.
KenR

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

「きみはこれ&#

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 09:49:07 PM

What's wrong with what he said?  I think he is 'for real', the game creators can always send him a message asking to test when the game does reach beta.

How many experience he has in game testing ? What skills does it take to test professional games ? I don't see any relevant information why he should be chosen for the task.

I'm just guessing here, but I don't think everyone loves game testing.  Being a tester isn't as glamorous as it sounds, and repeatedly bumping into random walls or picking up and dropping an item 100 times gets old fast. 
I'm guessing you're alt of that person to be so offended by a simple statement.I don't even need technical explanation..

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .WEBSITE.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .ANN THREAD.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2016, 09:57:37 PM

What's wrong with what he said?  I think he is 'for real', the game creators can always send him a message asking to test when the game does reach beta.

How many experience he has in game testing ? What skills does it take to test professional games ? I don't see any relevant information why he should be chosen for the task.

I'm just guessing here, but I don't think everyone loves game testing.  Being a tester isn't as glamorous as it sounds, and repeatedly bumping into random walls or picking up and dropping an item 100 times gets old fast.  
I'm guessing you're alt of that person to be so offended by a simple statement.I don't even need technical explanation..

naidray did nothing wrong and I congratulate him about what he said. My friend is trying to do something positive with his own funds. Can we try to be positive as well?

Dr.Famous

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 11:55:35 PM

He wants children in Bulgaria to learn about its history by completing simple tasks.
You can simply create an online form, integrate it into a beautifully children theme website and add some cool music in the background! Done Wink
BTW the idea if very generous and if i could, i would have helped him for free.

~Dr.Famous~

spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2016, 06:48:34 AM

He wants children in Bulgaria to learn about its history by completing simple tasks.
You can simply create an online form, integrate it into a beautifully children theme website and add some cool music in the background! Done Wink

~Dr.Famous~

Hmmm... this is actually a pretty good idea! Thank you for your opinion!

Dr.Famous

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 02:52:20 PM

~Dr.Famous~

Hmmm... this is actually a pretty good idea! Thank you for your opinion!
Your welcome mate, If you want me to do it for you, let me know. I will cost just a little he can afford. Smiley
Let me know if you are still interested in it.

~Dr.Famous~

spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2016, 03:12:45 PM

Your welcome mate, If you want me to do it for you, let me know. I will cost just a little he can afford. Smiley
Let me know if you are still interested in it.

~Dr.Famous~

Hey,

Actually I have a few FAIL team members, which can pull this through, but we are way too busy with other things now. Btw, several coders contacted me and it seems that this one can be made after all. Smiley I am still accepting suggestions.

Cheers,
Spartak

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: