Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 11:59:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help ASAP ~~~!!!  (Read 986 times)
Delicieuxz (OP)

Activity: 237
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 05:23:15 AM

Someone would like to buy 3 Radeon 6990s from me in the next hour, for $350 each, for mining. Currently, I have three of these in a dedicated machinge mining at 774 mh/s each (2322 mh/s total), with the voltage on them dropped to 1040. I have another 2 6990s in my personal use PC, which I sometimes run for mining when I'm not araound. If i sell these 3, I'm going to buy 2 7970s, and hopefully OC them, and also drop in one of my 6990s from my personal use PC. The question is, am I going to lose in the long run by going this route? With the BTC value at what it currently is, I don't want to lose anything. I pay $0.11 per Kw/h (although it often isn't me who has to pay for it.

I'm having serious second doubts over the sale (which isn't promised yet), and my mind hasn't been able to weigh all the factors appropriately to determine what the best course of action is here. Right now, I'm leaning towards keeping the 6990s. But then I also feel like there's a big chance that that might turn against me in a bit.

Please, all help is appreciated, my mind is spinning over thinking about this. What do you guys think and what would you consider the best course of action to be?

Thanks very much,

- D

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 11:24:33 AM
Last edit: February 28, 2013, 12:16:13 PM by Stephen Gornick

Someone would like to buy 3 Radeon 6990s from me in the next hour, for $350 each, for mining.

Score!

If i sell these 3, I'm going to buy 2 7970s,

Doh!  Why?

What do you guys think and what would you consider the best course of action to be?

Do you think all that ASIC talk is just a bunch of bullshit?   These are chips that are in production now and will be doing many tens of TH/s and soon maybe hundreds of TH/s as well.  All the GPUs and FPGAs combined doing mining today are doing just a couple tens of TH/s now.    Miners earn proportiional to their hashing contribution.  That means GPUs and FPGAs are about to get maybe just a half or a quarter of the bitcoins compared to what they do now.  Or less even.

I hope I don't come across like Michael Shannon (below) but seriously dude, THERE'S AN ASIC STORM COMING, LIKE NOTHING WE HAVE EVER SEEN.

- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey1Z0VhAQdA

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 12:42:32 PM

GPUs earn 1/2 or 1/4... I wish.  In one week ASICMiner has become 1/8 of the network and Avalon units are probably 1/20 right now.  In a month GPUs will be less than 1/4 of all hashing power.  In 2 months all the GPU miners would be happy to even get a combined 720 coins/day if BFL ships.

Anybody who has a GPU farm better work out the math to figure out when to cut and run.  I have free power and I'm trying to sell off over 100 cards now while the prices are high. What do you think a 6950 will fetch when 10k of them are listed on eBay over the next year lol.

Buy the 7970s to play games, don't bother trying to mine unless you have them in hand right now.
vdragon

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2013, 01:02:25 PM

Go on and sell them. You will loose some MHs, but you will save on electricity by a huge amount. 6990 consume much more power than 7970, especially when oc-ed

My USB Erupter GROUP BUY https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252180.0

Hungary (south) based trader - accepting/sending bank transfers, also willing to meet in person
crashoveride54902

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

Dream become broken often

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 03:04:30 AM

ya i agree with sell the cards now and buy some 7970's if your planning on gaming with 1 or both...because you won't see 6990 going for 350 much longer when everyone starts the selling swarm on fleebay and 7970's will retain there value alittle longer imho

Dreams of cyprto solving everything is slowly slipping away...Replaced by scams/hacks Sad
cdog

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 04:27:26 PM

In my opinion the time to cut and run is now, but it depends, if you have free power or a late BFL preorder you should probably keep at it until BFL ships (maybe April/May).
noncecents

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 02:00:37 AM

You are more likely to get help if you put the question into the subject of your post.

Also, telling people who are basically here to help themselves that you need help "ASAP" is going to significantly reduce the amount of help you get.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: