Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:46:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Discount Voucher Policy - Updates  (Read 2856 times)
PuertoLibre (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 07:49:08 AM
Last edit: January 06, 2019, 06:25:46 PM by PuertoLibre

Deleted
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 07:54:23 AM

are upgrades from jalapenos to minis treated as minis?
Betatester

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 12:22:19 PM

What a smack! Dont claim your money back, but give me more.
Its over. No loan w/o prototype.

1LdXn1PKhzLYT45W4sCUR1yqXNuiY1MLYw
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 12:45:16 PM

I don't see what the problem is... Huh

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 12:47:06 PM

What a smack! Dont claim your money back, but give me more.
Its over. No loan w/o prototype.

Well, you are the Betatester are you not  Roll Eyes

Carry on then  Grin
Betatester

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 01:11:53 PM

Sounds pathetic but there are some people around here who spend their little money on a product which does not even exist. And by the time it would exist it will most likely be obsolete.
I have no doubt that the initial schedule was serious, but this long period will put any company financially on the edge. If someone knows better he can post.

Maybe so, maybe not.

OK I shut up now.

1LdXn1PKhzLYT45W4sCUR1yqXNuiY1MLYw
PuertoLibre (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 01:24:43 PM

I don't see what the problem is... Huh
Voucher and Discounts.

A discount is what you give someone when you fumble their order.

A voucher is what you give someone to get them to give you even more money the next time around. It is a one way street. (against the customer IMO)

-----------------------------
Rather than giving something back to those who hanged on for 8 months on a pre-order, they "seemingly" concocted a way to get people to give them even more money.

If a BFL customer refuses to buy another, they get nothing for the wait.
If a BFL customer finds a better vendor, they get nothing for the wait.
If a BFL customer uses the "Voucher" within 60 days, then they GIVE BFL an extra order.

Wow, such great guys!

Oh, but this is only those who waited for 7 or 8 months. Those who waited from September till March 2013. You won't get anything. Now bend over and feel grateful....or get a refund and get outta their way. They have more customers to replace you. (Deletes one more "customer" from a database)
meowmeowbrowncow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 02:41:24 PM

I tend to agree.

A voucher does not directly address past mistakes by discounting moneys already paid.

It was the easy way to attempt to appease customers that also ensured future revenue.

As a consumer, when a merchant really f's up I'm not looking for a voucher.  I avoid places that refund using 'in-store credit,' i.e. a voucher system.

"Bitcoin has been an amazing ride, but the most fascinating part to me is the seemingly universal tendency of libertarians to immediately become authoritarians the very moment they are given any measure of power to silence the dissent of others."  - The Bible
Doctor Mushies

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 03:09:23 PM

Appeasing customers to ensure revenue ... I thought this was standard practice by government legislature.  Roll Eyes
wtfvanity

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

WTF???

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 05:35:45 PM

Wow, so fuck everyone after August? If someone placed an order in September, when they still claimed they would hit their October delivery date, they have waited now 6 months and aren't even first in line. Wow.

In fact, their deadlines are always pushed back. If they wanted to give everyone a voucher that has been lied to about delivery, they would need to give everyone except for the last week a voucher. The people ordering in the last week will get their voucher at the next push back.

This begs the question then. For those that ordered in September, do they get a voucher of some sort after BFL fails to deliver anything in March?

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 05:37:53 PM

Wow, so fuck everyone after August? If someone placed an order in September, when they still claimed they would hit their October delivery date, they have waited now 6 months and aren't even first in line. Wow.

In fact, their deadlines are always pushed back. If they wanted to give everyone a voucher that has been lied to about delivery, they would need to give everyone except for the last week a voucher. The people ordering in the last week will get their voucher at the next push back.

This begs the question then. For those that ordered in September, do they get a voucher of some sort after BFL fails to deliver anything in March?

Would you want one? Why? So you can order more stuff you won't get?
wtfvanity

WTF???

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 05:47:46 PM

Would you want one? Why? So you can order more stuff you won't get?

I ordered a single last week. I want a discount on that one and all future vaporware indefinitely.

.      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
Yogafan00000

Activity: 314
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 06:49:05 PM

The discount voucher policy is perfectly normal and an acceptable business practice.  When McDonald's messes up my order, (which happens all the time) I know and expect I can get my order refunded if I want, or I can keep my order, and usually get a voucher for a free meal for my trouble.  I'm annoyed of course, but I'm not outside McDonald's picketing for a lifetime supply of cheeseburgers.

The amount of compensation corresponds to amount of loss.  If you have been waiting for 9 months for a mini-rig, that's a $7,500 discount(!), and if you been waiting 6 months for a jaly, you get a $15 discount.  Seems fair and equitable to me. Exactly the same as my free meal coupon.

Why there are expectations of ponies and stock options when you are out a couple hundred bucks for a few months is beyond me.

Please, be realistic & Never Forget the 1st rule of Acquisition. BFL hasn't and neither should you.

1YogAFA... (oh, nevermind)
wtfvanity

WTF???

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 07:21:23 PM

I'm annoyed of course, but I'm not outside McDonald's picketing for a lifetime supply of cheeseburgers.

Those who purchased in say, September, October, and November, still have cause for complaint. Whether they ordered a rig or a jal. Of course the discount should correspond, but they have specifically ignored thousands of customers that have already stuck by them for 6 months of delays.

But maybe they've paid off the right people by giving them future discounts. Just have to please enough that the whole scam doesn't fall apart.

PuertoLibre (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 01:05:17 PM

New "interpretations" of the wording for this Voucher Program.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/1037-discount-voucher-policy-4.html#post16700
mokahless

Activity: 471
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 03:37:27 AM

Josh confirmed with me in the thread on the BFL forum that he announced the vouchers on that they would be treated as the value of the minis. Errr... rather the thread he initially posted it, not the official thread where he announces it.
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/984-%5Bcustomer-appreciation%5D-discount-early-orderers-6.html#post14289

Miner99er

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 03:51:04 AM

Josh confirmed with me in the thread on the BFL forum that he announced the vouchers on that they would be treated as the value of the minis. Errr... rather the thread he initially posted it, not the official thread where he announces it.
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/984-%5Bcustomer-appreciation%5D-discount-early-orderers-6.html#post14289

Well, that answered my question I was going to e-mail them about the upgrade program. Thanks for posting that.

Bought From Yochdogx2, Alexmat, SgtSpike, David_Benz, Beaflag VonRathburg, Slaveindebt, Cptmooseinc, Coinhoarder

Donations? SURE! 16foPr8FAjYXKL8ApQAzihnigXm1qNhi8Q

http://pyramining.com/referral/yfab9med7   
http://pyramining.com/referral/ahmc7en6z
http://pyramining.com/referral/pagndq4xc   
http://pyramining.com/referral/79b2gmrzx
http://pyramining.com/referral/e2ghz4asy
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 02:38:59 AM

Another topic of interest....VOUCHERS

So since the first customer had received their device does the 60 days start from then?

No clarification made on BFL that I could find.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1252

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 06:01:57 AM

No they fuck absolutely everyone. The place in line is ignored bei BFL when Paypal "requires" them to ship "some" Paypal orders first. So even the earliest customers are now screwed - there is no longer a place in line.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 06:20:31 AM

Don't forget the "voucher" is now only good to be used on the new products which have had their prices jacked way up.

Buy & Hold
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: