Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:50:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: In need of Programmer to Parse Bank Accounting Data  (Read 964 times)
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 08:10:21 AM

I'm looking for a programmer to help me parse my banks native accounting format, and insert it into a csv file and mysql database.  This is a European Bank based in the Czech Republic and I have a full specification of their bank data format.

Potentially I may be interested in an enlarge scope of the project- I am looking to fully automate my service Buybtc.cz which purchases Bitcoin on MtGox when I confirm the receipt of cash deposits at my bank account. The important part is a programmer who can understand the accounting format.

You can take a look at the description of the accounting format:

BEST KB (most likely format I will use)
http://www.mojebanka.cz/file/en/format_best_en.pdf

more or less retired.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 08:25:42 AM

i could do that, for say 50btc?

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 10:00:32 AM

i could do that, for say 50btc?

50BTC just to parse the accounting format? Or to fully automate my service BuyBTC.cz? Message me privately and we can talk further in anycase.

more or less retired.
gdsl

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

Al Berg

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2013, 08:24:12 PM

I've worked with remittance files before.

The BEST KB format looks similar to what we use in Norway.

Do you have any requirement with regards to scripting language ?

crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 09:04:57 PM

I've worked with remittance files before.

The BEST KB format looks similar to what we use in Norway.

Do you have any requirement with regards to scripting language ?

I would be partial to PHP, but Python would probably work as well. :-)

EDIT: I will consider offers for both just parsing the file and automating the service.

Service works as such:

1.User make order on website. Details (including BTC address)  goes into Order MYSQL file.
2. User makes payment to bank account in CZK (czech crowns) or EUR.
3. Program downloads the script (this is part of the bank software, the script does not need to do this)
4. Script sees new downloaded file, parses it, checks database to see which payments are new, matches payments variable (ID) symbol to payment order in Users order Mysql (from line 1)
5. Using API If an order has been filled - purchase said amount of BTC at Mt.Gox based on exchange rate
6. Uusing API send said purchased amount of BTC to user
7. keep track of everything (how much BTC was purchased, how much, etc)

Fairly straightforward workflow.

more or less retired.
gdsl

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

Al Berg

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2013, 09:34:31 PM

It's definately doable. It's a big plus that the file format is well documented.

Working with other peoples money is scarey though.

I'd need to increase my usual price to give myself enough time to double and tripple check every line of code.

Before I could give you a price I would allso have to brush up on the mt.gox API and the file format.

I have a deadline on another project on monday that I need to focus on. I can give you an offer and an ETA on tuesday.

crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 10:36:07 PM

It's definately doable. It's a big plus that the file format is well documented.

Working with other peoples money is scarey though.

I'd need to increase my usual price to give myself enough time to double and tripple check every line of code.

Before I could give you a price I would allso have to brush up on the mt.gox API and the file format.

I have a deadline on another project on monday that I need to focus on. I can give you an offer and an ETA on tuesday.

Well it's not so scary. If you have a company your not personally liable for errors that are genuine. Also, I would probably ask to "check" all the orders for the first couple weeks to make sure it was working smoothly. There isn't so much chance to be "robbed" per-say: The bank account is secure- the money never moves from the account except manually to refill the mt-gox account. And if it were to all run psueooffline- say in a python scrypt on a home server, you don't have to worry so much about being hacked. So it's not such a great risk I don't think. That said, I would be opperating with a limited liability company, so some royal fuckup would not cost me my home.

Send me a message when you've got a chance.

more or less retired.
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 04:54:23 PM

bump- I've received a number of offers for just parsing the data- but I would also like to entertain offers for doing the whole package.

more or less retired.
asenges

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2020, 09:57:16 AM

is this post still available? Please contact me at asenges400 at gmail.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: