Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:36:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Known spammers: User generated  (Read 1668 times)
actmyname (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2016, 08:17:44 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2016, 12:56:15 AM by actmyname

The idea's been floating around for a while now, and now's the time to enact it. I think we all tire of the threads of Meta, and the countless amount of spam flooding up there.

This will be a list of signature spammers: people who post garbage, recycled content, copy & paste, insubstantial replies, or anything else that would be a detriment to the forum. I'll be using something similar to mexxer-2's thread of "Known alts" for a layout. I would also like to note that long-worded posts can also be spam if they have no relevance to the conversation or recycle ideas and repeat things over and over again. The list will include past spammers, but note the date of the reference. If they have started to post better content again, a snippet will be added to their notes upon notification. A lot of how what is considered spam IS subjective, but it should be pretty obvious to the majority of people if something is spam or not. Usually, burst posting is a sure bet sign of spamming. Post history will be marked with a number to show the number of posts they have at the point of reference.

(The initial list is a few spammers I've compiled, from other threads or what have you. I will obviously be missing a grand chunk, so please add more! I will also be aiming to add more to the list somewhat regularly)

Master List of Spammers

|
Username
|
Reference
|
Spam type
|
Submitted by
|
Notes
|
|kahir|Re: Illiterate sig spammers|Copy & paste|rizzlarolla|No signature, word for word copying|
|CryingMidget|Re: Illiterate sig spammers|Copy & paste|rizzlarolla|No signature, long recycled content|
|johnnyyash|Post history (68)|One-liner spam posts|rizzlarolla|Posts within bursts|
|Totalrefund|Banned for "insubstantial posts + sig ad" - TotalreturnFund|Recycled content, one-liners|Themself (alt)|Previously banned, posts are still questionable, bitvest signature|
|traderethereum|Post history (97)|Recycled content, one-liners|Myself|Lots of posts on spam threads|
|chixka000|Post history (567)|Recycled content, one-liners|Myself|Posts are sent within a few minutes of each other|
|dunfida|Post history (467)|One-liners, spam threads, recycled content|Myself|Posts are within a few minutes of each other, clearly spam|
|Hide_ip112|Post history (300)|Recycled content, spam thread posts|Myself|Loves to quote and agree, adding pointless information|
|lite|Post history (1610)|One-liners on spam threads|Myself|Part of FortuneJack campaign, agrees often, quotes always|
|Positid|Post history (818)|Recycled content, spam threads|Myself|Multiple lines of rehashed content, worthless to "discussion" in threads|
|YuginKadoya|Post history (1550)|Recycled content, spam threads|Myself|In bitvest.io campaign, repeatedly posts on same megathreads|

Awaiting input on these users:

• Cloverdale - There are a lot of questions being asked by him (typical spam behavior, pretend to be constructive) yet I'd like to see others' input on his post quality.
  • poptok1 - Post quality is seemingly constructive but is recycled content with moderate sized input. Occasionally submits images for contests.

If there are any complaints or suggestions for anything that could make the list better, please reply or PM me. If there's something on the list that you don't like, feel free to respond with reasons of why. Hopefully, now we won't get all that spam in Meta.

Layout for submission:

Code:
Username: [url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=]name[/url]
Reference: (or post history and post count)
Spam type:
Notes: (if any)

Spam types:

Recycled content: This is the big one. This is the most common one and likely to crossover through all the spammers on the list. Recycled content means that the user is not contributing any more to the discussion than there already is - you are using previous ideas, or content that has (or may have) been stated in the past, or are saying something that is common sense and obvious. For example, if you're just "agreeing" with somebody. That's worthless to the topic. A lot of spammers try to reply with seemingly constructive content with multiple lines, but in reality it's just recycled.

Spam thread: Posting mostly or solely on spam megathreads (which are the threads with vague titles and simple replies, you know which they are) is a basis for spam. There is no discussion to be had there, or if there was, it would've been long completed within the first 3 pages or less. Anything further than that is completely worthless and the reply should not be counted as constructive. This can be applied to multi-line content.

Copy & paste: Copying someone's content from elsewhere; plagiarism; paraphrasing someone's words from earlier in the topic or somewhere from the internet

One-liners: One line of text, usually agreeing, saying something that has already been said, or bringing up a worthless question or pointless statement. Note that worthless content can be rehashed in multiple lines to seem like it's relevant, but in reality is not.

Important to note: If the user appears to have simply read the title and posted without at the very least skimming through the earlier replies, that should be considered as spam. There is no effort there to try and be constructive but not repetitious, and that should not be condoned. This however would have to apply multiple times.

Help is more appreciated than donations, though those are appreciated as well. If you would like to donate, please donate to xkcd's address: 14Tr4HaKkKuC1Lmpr2YMAuYVZRWqAdRTcr

(Or mine, found on my profile.)

No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yahoo62278
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 4425

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 11:17:51 PM

If you have conclusive evidence of copy n paste activity you should post an img of it per user as well as send to moderators so they can be banned. You also could go ahead and give some better descriptions of infractions by users you feel are spammy. Im not disagreeing but others might. Spam is considered different by each user whos reading a post so it would be better if you were more specific

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
actmyname (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2016, 11:38:50 PM

If you have conclusive evidence of copy n paste activity you should post an img of it per user as well as send to moderators so they can be banned. You also could go ahead and give some better descriptions of infractions by users you feel are spammy. Im not disagreeing but others might. Spam is considered different by each user whos reading a post so it would be better if you were more specific
The copy & paste data as of now has been linked to the reference where rizzlarolla has quoted it.

In my large block before the list, I discuss how people recycle ideas and repeat content that has already been stated - recycled content. Posting on spam threads is pretty much automatically this. There is absolutely no point of replying on those spam megathreads with hundreds of pages. That kind of reply would be insubstantial.

One-liners are a bit tricky, but the fact of the matter is if a user is only "agreeing" (something spammers love to do) with their one-liner posts, then that is a pointless post. If the user is recycling content (which is the main thing in all of the people on the list thus far) then that again is a pointless post.

From now on, I will start archiving the data on archive.is to establish proper proof and provide an easier basis to look at post history. The notes can provide some information about the spammer's behavior, and I plan on including their campaigns (if any).

I'll include a section detailing the types of spam, though. Thanks.

betlord90

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 01:01:03 AM

Be specific on your accusation there so you would not create any commotion among those listed above,

And the big question is why are you doing this? You want to be on dt2 list? Or you just make it just to earn positive trust score to the dt2 members? Or you just want to earn sympathy and make your name create some noise here?

what i am seeing here is you only want some attention Undecided  Undecided

Backside walkaround

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 01:10:06 AM

I'd like to nominate wine132, who is currently applying for the secondstrade campaign, and even though he might not get accepted,  he will no doubt try others and contin.  to befoul this fine forum.  I have reported some of his posts already.

Specifically,  this user's posts have no capitalization,  no punctuation,  are in poor English,  and repeat the same thing over and over while daying absolutely nothing.   The posts are rushed and obviously done only to get paid. 

If the original Backside walkaround can prove to me they are the old owner of this account, I can update the email address to the email address of their choosing.
Backside walkaround has lost access to their account as they used someone else's email address to sign up, and the owner of the email address got tired of random email notifications from this site after a few months and reset the password.
Lionidas

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1012

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 01:25:33 AM

Could they all been possibly bought accounts to just start campaigning with a higher ranking account to get paid more?
If so then your conclusive evidence might get them out of their respective campaigns thus stopping the spam fest from each of these individuals.
All in one fell swoop. Grin
lemipawa
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 01:39:19 AM

Be specific on your accusation there so you would not create any commotion among those listed above,
There's a spam type so I think he is specific on his accusations.

And the big question is why are you doing this? You want to be on dt2 list? Or you just make it just to earn positive trust score to the dt2 members? Or you just want to earn sympathy and make your name create some noise here?
Everyone is empowered to do this even you, all you have to do is click the link at the right side of every post that say's "Report to Moderator".

what i am seeing here is you only want some attention Undecided  Undecided
He is trying to contribute to the community/forum by identifying who are those who are just taking advantage of the signature campaign . Instead of us saying he is just looking for attention lets do our part as well to clean up the forum.

OP there's a thread like this but it's posted in Meta and it gets the attention of hilariousandco and when he did, he usually take action, I think it's much better if it's moved to that section.
Omegasun

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 01:48:20 AM
Last edit: August 15, 2016, 02:15:30 PM by Omegasun

i think this not a good idea. you must give them only a feedback on their trust and not expose them publicly. because all members have a freedom on what they do. they didn't scam people and you never know that what if the accused didn't know that he/she already spamming? we have different interpretation on spamming. but this is not a big deal unless they spam censored words or flammy. but if it not the case. i think you don't have the right to post it here publicly. this is the job of moderator. Even the moderator didn't expose the user who committed spam so why do you? i appreciate your act. but this is too harsh. Just saying, because we are all human, and we can't avoid to do mistake. Personally when im newbie, i committed also spam and the mods delete my post. as simply as that. That's why we have mods here. Smiley

Tagz
█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
actmyname (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2016, 01:57:46 AM

i think this not a good idea. you must give them only a feedback on their trust and not expose them publicly. because all members have a freedom on what they do. they didn't scam people and you never know that what if the accused didn't know that he/she already spamming? we have different interpretation on spamming. but this is not a big deal unless they spam censored words or flammy. but if it not the case. i think you don't have the right to post it here publicly. this is the job of moderator. Even the moderator didn't expose the user who committed spam so why do you? i appreciate your act. but this is too harsh. Just saying, because we are all human, and we can't avoid to do mistake. Personally when im newbie, i committed also spam and the mods delete my post. as simply as that. That's why we have mods here. Smiley

Wow. Quoting the giant block of text.

Anyway, what's wrong with talking about spammers? They are posting publicly, with non-constructive and insubstantial replies which are a detriment to the forum. This list has references to their posts. There are clear rules. The first rule is literally, "1. No zero or low value, pointless or uninteresting posts or threads."

All of the users here that I have put on the list, in my opinion, have pointless posts and most post on pointless threads. If they have a problem, they can inform me and show me why they're not spamming. Why they're contributing to the discussion.

He is trying to contribute to the community/forum by identifying who are those who are just taking advantage of the signature campaign . Instead of us saying he is just looking for attention lets do our part as well to clean up the forum.

OP there's a thread like this but it's posted in Meta and it gets the attention of hilariousandco and when he did, he usually take action, I think it's much better if it's moved to that section.

Thanks for the support, but I think Reputation is a better section. Meta is for forum discussion, but Reputation made more sense in my mind. If it has to be moved to Meta, then sure. But I think here is fine.

what i am seeing here is you only want some attention Undecided  Undecided

How come you instantly are thinking that I have some sort of ulterior motive? It's a list to help better the forum. Do you know how much better it would be if all those megathreads were closed, or at the very least devoid of spammers? If you go into Bitcoin Discussion, Economics, Speculation, Gambling (especially Gambling) onto any thread with a high number of pages, you'll see every single post is just garbage and spam.

Understand that I wish for that to end. Even Meta sometimes gets signature spammers around.

I'd like to nominate wine132, who is currently applying for the secondstrade campaign, and even though he might not get accepted,  he will no doubt try others and contin.  to befoul this fine forum.  I have reported some of his posts already.

Specifically,  this user's posts have no capitalization,  no punctuation,  are in poor English,  and repeat the same thing over and over while daying absolutely nothing.   The posts are rushed and obviously done only to get paid. 

Soon to come. Also, clean up your own posts a bit.

Omegasun

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 02:07:14 AM

Wow. Quoting the giant block of text.

Anyway, what's wrong with talking about spammers? They are posting publicly, with non-constructive and insubstantial replies which are a detriment to the forum. This list has references to their posts. There are clear rules. The first rule is literally, "1. No zero or low value, pointless or uninteresting posts or threads."

All of the users here that I have put on the list, in my opinion, have pointless posts and most post on pointless threads. If they have a problem, they can inform me and show me why they're not spamming. Why they're contributing to the discussion.

haha. sorry i quote the large one. i forget to remove other post.. ok it is your decision, but you may inform them that they are on your list and have their explanation.
i think they deserve a second chance. hahaha.  poor spammer.. i will support you dude later. i will observe first on your thread. i think you must add here the users who uses flammy word and bullying other low rank member. because they are very disgusting.. i don't like inequality. i will report here users with proof once you agree. thanks. keep it up

Tagz
█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 08:37:36 AM

1.Ask idiots to stop quoting the entire post,@Omegasun :- It's fuckin annoying and that makes you a number 1 spammer.

2.In meta an almost similar thread exists but of course that's only for YoShit spammers.

3.Do we post spammers from any sig campaign or excluding YoShit ?
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 01:13:02 PM

1.Ask idiots to stop quoting the entire post,@Omegasun :- It's fuckin annoying and that makes you a number 1 spammer.

2.In meta an almost similar thread exists but of course that's only for YoShit spammers.

Post any spammers here. Yobit, other signature campaigns and this not in signatures (such as account farmers).

Its probably better to use links to report people. These can either be a link to view recent posts here or a "snapshot" from a site like archive.is
Omegasun

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 02:12:46 PM

Lol. Hahaha. I accidentally quoted it. I already apologize for long qoute.i thought i already edit it. So im sorry you bastard. Hahahah.
You did'nt even read a certain reply before you post and that is spamming according to the criteria in the OP. Joke dude.

Not only yobit have a spammer. You must consider also the other signature campaign that have a high qouta of post. You know it for sure and the user who always post on signature campaign that telling applicants that they are not accepted even though they are not campaign manager. Hahahaha

Tagz
█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2016, 02:14:02 PM

As this is an archival post and there's a mirror of this thread right in the reputation section, please lock this thread.
(Btw interesting to see my thread design used for this...)

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
Omegasun

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 02:20:39 PM

As this is an archival post and there's a mirror of this thread right in the reputation section, please lock this thread.
(Btw interesting to see my thread design used for this...)

I think i saw it before. Is that the thread that made by campaign managers? I thought that only campaign managers are allowed to post the spammers there if im not mistaken. Btw i like your avatar. The best episode of GOT in that part.hahaha.

OP please lock this thread according to mr lutpin. See yah

Tagz
█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█      █