Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 11:54:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Good SEPA bitcoin trading sites other than Bitstamp?  (Read 3191 times)
spirates (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 01:29:59 PM

I cant use Bitstamp anymore because my bank told me Slovenia had closed bitstamps account because of Fraud. So I need a new bitcoin site where I can make SEPA transfers. Mtgox requires you to send in ID and other information before you can do that so I rather not use them.
hamdi

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 01:45:05 PM

bitcoin-24.com
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 02:24:06 PM

where I can make SEPA transfers.

Bitcoin-Central.net, BTC-e (not sure if still do, but possible),

BITSTAMP really was the SEPA king.  Mt. Gox has SEPA through a bank in Poland, but like you said you don't want the ID part.

There's also BitcoinsInBerlin.com, Bitcoin.de, Bitcoin Nordic, Instawire, VirWoX, and possibly more:
 - http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Buying_bitcoins

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

knives

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 09:12:45 PM

Hello,

I'm a bit off-topic but I have a question about services like "Nordic".

These services charge you 2.1% if your wallet is hosted in Europe and 0% if your wallet is located outside Europe. But, I wonder, if a third party authority (say the IRS) wants to know, can they tell your location if you don't use TOR network in order to sync and connect?

For example here you can see that the transaction started from France (or at least that's what I understand) or it ended up in France? (can you please clarify this)

Best Regards,

knives
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 09:25:31 PM

I cant use Bitstamp anymore because my bank told me Slovenia had closed bitstamps account because of Fraud. So I need a new bitcoin site where I can make SEPA transfers. Mtgox requires you to send in ID and other information before you can do that so I rather not use them.

you could try bitcoin.de. It's not only for germans. People from other countries are also using the platform. As long as you can do EUR SEPA, no problem.

It works a bit differently. They don't keep EUR balance, only offer marketplace (find offer or put one up) and they escrow the bitcoins until the SEPA transaction is confirmed by the seller of BTC.

I like it, also because you send/receive the SEPA transfer to some "private account", not some well-known account belonging to the exchange.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2013, 09:33:38 PM

I cant use Bitstamp anymore because my bank told me Slovenia had closed bitstamps account because of Fraud.
Your bank wouldn't know that.

It's more likely that your own bank is blocking transfers to bitstamp's account because fraudulent transfers from your bank occurred with bitstamps account as destination, and your bank sees it's easier to blacklist bitstamp's account than to actually improve their own security and prevent fraudulent transfers to happen in the first place.

Go to your bank manager, make a fuss about it and your transfer will be sent. Trust me on this.

That's the way we do support at Bitcoin-Central, we'll even help you to use the competition Cheesy

Explicit

Activity: 45

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 12:54:03 PM

Thanks for the info.
In my experience there is nothing but trouble with the BitStamp.
I wish I had seen this post earlier.
BBN

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 09:05:01 AM

I use Bitstamp and I have never had any problems  Smiley
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1337

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 09:33:33 PM

I cant use Bitstamp anymore because my bank told me Slovenia had closed bitstamps account because of Fraud.
Your bank wouldn't know that.

It's more likely that your own bank is blocking transfers to bitstamp's account because fraudulent transfers from your bank occurred with bitstamps account as destination, and your bank sees it's easier to blacklist bitstamp's account than to actually improve their own security and prevent fraudulent transfers to happen in the first place.

Go to your bank manager, make a fuss about it and your transfer will be sent. Trust me on this.

That's the way we do support at Bitcoin-Central, we'll even help you to use the competition Cheesy
Well, In my country I saw people complaining that their bank accounts was closed, because they were selling or buying bitcoins. Banks found that on reference field written "bitcoin" or "btc" and money was transfered to/from bitcoin exchange. Majority of banks is against and they don't like activities related to it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: