Bitcoin Forum
September 02, 2024, 01:15:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are you interested in buying luxury pens and fountain pens
YES, I would buy the HIGHER price range pen any day - 3 (23.1%)
YES, I would buy the LOWER price range pen any day - 4 (30.8%)
Good idea, but I’m not sure if I need a pen. - 3 (23.1%)
Good idea, but no I would not buy any. - 2 (15.4%)
Bad idea, whats wrong with you. - 1 (7.7%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Luxury pens (market research)  (Read 1833 times)
J3nc (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 02:19:21 PM

I have found out about bitcoin late last year and have since mined, traded and gambled with bitcoins. Lately I have been trying to think of a good long term business ideas.As it happens, I’m in a position where I can offer luxury pens to bitcoin market but I want to know more, before I  offer any products.

1st something about the pens. I would start off with 2 worlds leading brands Waterman and Parker, offering ballpoint and fountain pens of higher design quality. Just for example.

Waterman Exception fountain pen sudgested retail price: 400€ / 525$  estimated bitcoin community price would be: 13BTC at the current rates so thats around 330€ / 430$.

2nd example from Waterman

Waterman Expert fountain pen
sudgested retail price: 90€ / 118$  estimated bitcoin community price would be: 2.75 BTC at the current rates so thats around 70€ / 91$.

All the pens be it fountain pen or ballpoint come in a nice gift box, some of the pens like the Expert lines also come in nice set boxes including a fountain pen, ball point and ink for your fountain pen.

I have some of the pens in stock and could ship them out right away, others I would have to order which usually takes around a month or two.
Pens would ship from Slovenia to any country in European Union. I could also ship to other countries but shipping costs are higher and customs might tax the product.

Here are the manufacturers sites where you can see the rest of their product line.

Waterman

Parker

P.S. I know bitcoin trade requires trust and people are careful with who they do business with. So of course I would be willing to do trades with 3rd party ecsrow, either respected people here on the forum or other kind of escrow services. I would also have no problem listing items on sites like bitmit.

Please if you do have any questions feel free to ask.
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 03:42:54 PM

What's a pen? These sticks look like the things people used to write things down in those old movies from the 80s.
str4wm4n
Legendary

Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 06:53:28 PM

I'd buy a Parker Vector if the price was right
J3nc (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 06:54:50 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2013, 07:07:31 PM by J3nc

What's a pen?
 Cheesy That's actually what I wanted to put as a poll answer. But no, a pen is a tool and it can be a work of art just like some expensive Rolex or a high class car. A pen can be a gift ... for a student, some hot shot lawyer or a doctor, it can be a family heirloom lasting generations. It can also be just a pen you keep on your desk to do your crossword puzzle.

I'd buy a Parker Vector if the price was right
What kind of vector? Premium or normal, a ballpoint or a fountain, pearl white or stainless steel?
gdsl

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

Al Berg

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2013, 08:26:35 PM

Off topic: The future of pens are here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1351910088/3doodler-the-worlds-first-3d-printing-pen

J3nc (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 08:46:31 PM

Yes I have seen this. Looks awesome actually, wouldn't mind owning one someday. Well adopted from the 3d printing. But I'm sure that's not the future of pens, more like an addition.
str4wm4n
Legendary

Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 02:01:35 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2013, 03:19:15 AM by str4wm4n

stainless steel fountain, what is the difference between premium and normal?
J3nc (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 08:08:24 AM

stainless steel fountain, what is the difference between premium and normal?

Premium has a small square pattren chiselled on the cap and is polished to a fine shine. Price for premium one would be around 18€/0,7btc, for a normal 15€/0,6btc. The thing is this is probably the cheapest Parker fountain pen, shipping to most countries will cost more then the pen it self.
J3nc (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 02:21:13 PM

Some examples of mid to high price rage pens Smiley

Parker Ingenuity - 5TH Technology pens

Featuring a revolutionary mode of writing using the new Parker 5TH Mode refill.
This pen provides a smooth writing experience and adapts to personal writing style.
The Smart Glide technology guaranties a soft and fluid writing feel.

http://s12.postimage.org/js612vdw9/ingenuity_black.jpg   http://s12.postimage.org/5n08124ux/ingenuity_brown.jpg 

http://s12.postimage.org/f8ydv3leh/ingenuity_chrome.jpg   http://s12.postimage.org/ekpjc5mop/ingenuity_gloss_black.jpg

Estimated price at current rate 3.8BTC / 130$
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: