Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:17:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin dissertation  (Read 4214 times)
Bozza (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 04:21:03 PM

Hey all,

I am studying International Business Management (BSc) and would like to write about Bitcoins for my disseration.
There is a 6000 word limit.

What would a good topic be that looks at bitcoins and how it fits into todays finance world?
(It is very important that the topic looks into the bigger picture of bitcoins)

I am rushing this as i have 2 weeks left, but at least this is something that interests me.

any help or suggestions are welcome! Do you guys think this is a good idea for a business dissertation?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Warry

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 04:22:41 PM

The risks/if Bitcoin is a bubble?
How you can implement it in the 'real world'?
Legal issues?
Bozza (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 04:29:46 PM

thanks for the reply. more topic suggestions are welcome Smiley

Is bitcoin a bubble? (how would that be relevant to the business world? bitcoins are a niche, so implications of a bubble shouldnt be a huge problem, apart from to silkroad?)

need some awesome creative ideas guys. Winner gets a cookie Smiley
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 04:30:46 PM
Merited by ABCbits (1)

I would be most interested in a scholarly look bitcoin as a reaction to modern banking. I consider myself to be quite moderate and reasonable. And I do not think that it is radical to call the banks untrustworthy. My government does not have the stomach nor the resources to take on this corrupt system. So, we are doing it ourselves. That is how I view bitcoin.
Don't get me wrong, It's not just some political statement. I would use bitcoin anyway because it is the safest and fastest way to pay anyone anywhere.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 04:36:18 PM

my disseration
[...]
I am rushing this as i have 2 weeks left, but at least this is something that interests me.

Bozza (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 04:49:08 PM

thank you RodeoX best answer so far!
I definitely agree that BTC is a reaction of consumers to banks and governments!

How could i build a dissertation question around this? (it has to sound academic).

My tutors reaction to this was like (emm i dont really know about this thing you are talking about. how is this relevant?)

EDIT: Greyhawk: Never mind the two week deadline. I have all this time just to concentrate on this dissertation)
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 04:57:44 PM

thank you RodeoX best answer so far!
I definitely agree that BTC is a reaction of consumers to banks and governments!

How could i build a dissertation question around this? (it has to sound academic).

My tutors reaction to this was like (emm i dont really know about this thing you are talking about. how is this relevant?)

Your academic advisor not knowing about this is a plus. If your going to be a Doctor then you should be the teacher (it's Latin for teacher, right?) School those suckers!
I delivered an academic talk on bitcoin last year for the Booth school of business's innovation roundtable. The room was filled with economics professors. Even though they knew way more than me about finance, their heads were spinning with new possibilities about what money could be.  The school told me they had more interest in this than any other topic. Several people flew from London just to attend. I think your dissertation will garner similar interest.

Bozza (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 09:41:04 PM

Thanks RodeoX.
I totally agree! If I know more about this topic than the lecturer I have an edge! Besides it must be a lot more interesting for someone to read through something they don't know anything about.

I have a meeting tomorrow morning with my lecturer. I need to give him the exact topic.

Are there any examples how BTC is being applied by businesses other than forex trading?
I understand gambling sites use it. What else?

(Pease don't mention reddit or pizza )
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 02:58:29 PM

Perhaps a comparison of several bitcoin models?
For example the llama socks I recently bought are a product produced within the bitcoin economy. The llamas are raised in Vermont(?) just to produce socks sold for bitcoin.  That's different than say a seller on a traditional auction site who also accepts BTC. Or even more distant is a site that sells Amazon codes for bitcoin. In that scenario the seller of the item may be unaware of any bitcoin connection.

Frankly, I think it may be too soon to know where the money is going next. Perhaps as an intermediary in currency trade? Perhaps the huge remittance market will embrace bitcoin? Or maybe it will become the mainstream currency of the Internet?

potato5491

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 06:36:04 PM

I would be most interested in a scholarly look bitcoin as a reaction to modern banking. I consider myself to be quite moderate and reasonable. And I do not think that it is radical to call the banks untrustworthy. My government does not have the stomach nor the resources to take on this corrupt system. So, we are doing it ourselves. That is how I view bitcoin.
Don't get me wrong, It's not just some political statement. I would use bitcoin anyway because it is the safest and fastest way to pay anyone anywhere.

Your dissertation could be on trying to understand the various philosophies of bitcoin users?

My personal view is that whilst bitcoin might be gaining traction and support as a result of a "reaction to modern banking", it will only succeed if it is genuinely the next evolutionary step in how the world defines a currency. Bitcoin has several advantages, the ease of conducting a transfer between parties is the most appealing to me.

Good luck with the paper!
potato5491

Activity: 48

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 06:43:37 PM

Are there any examples how BTC is being applied by businesses other than forex trading?
I understand gambling sites use it. What else?

Check out the bitcoin ladder here: http://www.thebitcointrader.com
Adelspencer

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 03:02:02 PM

This is a very awesome article, but about serious demand is considered on Bitcoin dissertation.
custom dissertation help uk
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: