Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:57:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Decentralized Stock Market  (Read 766 times)
chalbersma (OP)

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2013, 04:42:02 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2013, 06:10:18 PM by chalbersma

So I was thinking about bitcoin and it's natural equivalents in the fiat currency market and I realized that stocks are going to need a rethinking to work properly. So I sketched out the basics of a stock system. This wouldn't include the actual exchange floor and services would pop up to fill that void. But it would include the mechanisms of transaction. Forewarning! I haven't worked out all the math yet. Here be me diagram what do you guys think?

Secondary Link
https://mega.co.nz/#!40UF1SxY!PrZaDkxt0XX_4pSQwpZhwVuMCj5TiAfJz24ckINpH84

*Edit to make hyperlink clickable
*Edit to embed image (had to create an account)
*Edit for formatting
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ahdinosaur

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2013, 02:51:11 AM

how does this relate to colored coins?
chalbersma (OP)

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2013, 03:19:07 AM

how does this relate to colored coins?

Hadn't actually heard of colored coins. It does seem similar. The more I think about it it seems like the main difference is that this system could put some necessary power into the hands of the corporation/underwriter. Additions like handing out dividends collecting votes, implementing splits etc...
The idea was more to make some other sources of income for miners in the same way that namecoin does. If a system like this is realized it could be extended to include all types of assets or proofs of assets.

The real idea is to get the trading room floor out of trading. Right now I own stock of AMD in the real world stock market. If I wanted to sell that to you I couldn't without jumping through a ton of hoops. Getting rid of those hoops should allow capital to flow to where it needs to faster.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: