Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:09:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase: a description  (Read 3036 times)
aneutronic

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 12:57:47 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2013, 04:29:03 PM by aneutronic

If you don't like their fraud detection

It's not fraud detection. It seems to be a random "let's piss people off and see who responds" metric.

I dislike Coinbase immensely. You're more than free defend the service but you're wasting your time trying to persuade me of anything in relation to it.

+1

Ageed, I've been greeted by their sold out sign pretty much every time I have tried during a dip for at least the past week.    Angry

I was only trying to purchase 1 or 2 coins each time, pretty lame excuse for an exchange.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTC Books

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 01:16:47 PM

I'm going to buy a bag of weed for you but I need the money up front. You'll see me again in 3, 4 or 5 days. Maybe a little longer.

When I get back to you, I don't have the weed but I do have your money. I used your pledge, and the pledges of others, so that I could buy a pound of weed and distribute it amongst my friends. If we keep doing this deal, sometimes you might get some weed.

Gee.  So if you were a Mexican weed cartel and you wanted to destroy the domestic (US) weed suppliers, you'd always give people money for their weed, but seldom give them weed for their money.  And then, once you had lots and lots of weed, you could sell it really, really cheap to the mid-level dealers and consumers who had always bought domestic weed... I bet that'd hurt the domestic people pretty badly, wouldn't it?

Sometimes I think that HRU* MPOE-PR occasionally makes a very good point:

Your story needs more Wall Street in it.

*His Royal Unpleasantness

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
Severian (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 01:24:50 PM

Gee.  So if you were a Mexican weed cartel and you wanted to destroy the domestic (US) weed suppliers, you'd always give people money for their weed, but seldom give them weed for their money.  And then, once you had lots and lots of weed, you could sell it really, really cheap to the mid-level dealers and consumers who had always bought domestic weed... I bet that'd hurt the domestic people pretty badly, wouldn't it?

It's a shame more people ain't seeing it.
Severian (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 01:28:24 PM

pretty lame excuse for an exchange.

The words "clip joint" come to mind.
BTC Books

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 01:30:06 PM

It's a shame more people ain't seeing it.

Oh hey - entirely off-topic, and just as a matter of curiosity - did you know that one of the principals of Coinbase used to work for Goldman Sachs?  I've always been very reassured to know that the level of professionalism in the bitcoin business community was increasing so nicely.

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
Severian (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 01:33:23 PM

Oh hey - entirely off-topic, and just as a matter of curiosity - did you know that one of the principals of Coinbase used to work for Goldman Sachs?  I've always been very reassured to know that the level of professionalism in the bitcoin business community was increasing so nicely.

Quite aware of it, thanks. I'm frequently told by some in the Bitcoin community that it's nothing to worry about and that I should just shut the fuck up.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: