Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:30:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sendbitcoins.net opening its doors!  (Read 2214 times)
Nachtwind (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 11:29:27 PM

Is it really a good idea to allow reversals though? It could increase your own costs and the point of having reputation in feedback is so that people can make educated decisions.

As of no i wont allow reversals in 99% of the cases but i am planning to build up a budget from the fees and offer that service maybe later. If someone was scammed and can proof and the scammer still has funds on his account a reversal is possible, but unlikely.. at least in the near future. I really want to take too many big risks right at the start, things will come later on i am sure, but not as of now.
But for security i am planning to introduce two more layers for "trust":

- Escrow
Dont have to say much about this, do I?

- User verification
I will start offering this service sometime next week. It is basically, although i know its a bad thing to compare to, the same mechanism as in GLBSE. I am planning to offer verification of users by accepting some credentials form them, like telephone number or snail mail address, Skype (..whatever, the exact things i have not yet decided on) and mark them as trusted users in addition to the ranking system. Chances are just better the more verified users are that they are more trusted. And before people ask: No i will neither store nor sell nor do anything beyond verifying the existence of users  with private data. BUt I think i will just go so far as to verify phone, skype, snail mail and maybe some picture ID.. we will see about that. Still have to decide about that like i said.

One small feature to add to sendbitcoins is "Subscriptions" for recurring payments that get payed, like the paypal api offers, every so and so days interval until either stopped or the user having no mor emoney on his account.
Another thing i am thinking about is an accountless payment. Instead of logging in you get an address and pay it. IPN notification is withheld until the payment has confirmed 4 times and then gets verified.. still have to see if that somehow breaks APIs i test with.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 11:48:50 PM

Is it really a good idea to allow reversals though? It could increase your own costs and the point of having reputation in feedback is so that people can make educated decisions.

As of no i wont allow reversals in 99% of the cases but i am planning to build up a budget from the fees and offer that service maybe later. If someone was scammed and can proof and the scammer still has funds on his account a reversal is possible, but unlikely.. at least in the near future. I really want to take too many big risks right at the start, things will come later on i am sure, but not as of now.

- Escrow

- User verification
I will start offering this service sometime next week. It is basically, although i know its a bad thing to compare to, the same mechanism as in GLBSE. I am planning to offer verification of users by accepting some credentials form them, like telephone number or snail mail address, Skype (..whatever, the exact things i have not yet decided on) and mark them as trusted users in addition to the ranking system. Chances are just better the more verified users are that they are more trusted. And before people ask: No i will neither store nor sell nor do anything beyond verifying the existence of users  with private data. BUt I think i will just go so far as to verify phone, skype, snail mail and maybe some picture ID.. we will see about that. Still have to decide about that like i said.

One small feature to add to sendbitcoins is "Subscriptions" for recurring payments that get payed, like the paypal api offers, every so and so days interval until either stopped or the user having no mor emoney on his account.
Another thing i am thinking about is an accountless payment. Instead of logging in you get an address and pay it. IPN notification is withheld until the payment has confirmed 4 times and then gets verified.. still have to see if that somehow breaks APIs i test with.

If chargebacks are possible, you are providing escrow.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Nachtwind (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 11:52:23 PM

- Escrow

- User verification

If chargebacks are possible, you are providing escrow.

As long as the Coins are in Escrow, yes.. but i am not planning to offer a whatnot hundred days of possible chargebacks like Paypal does in near future. that is what i meant.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: