Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 08:15:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: May I vent? WTF economics  (Read 583 times)
classicsucks (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 08:58:30 AM

OK so bitcoin seems to be generating some buzz worldwide. Obviously China and Russia are interested in it, if only to arbitrage both sides of the market, and maybe destabilize the already-tenuous US dollar while they're at it. Silicon Valley is onboard 100%, but their entire crypto-utopian vision correlates identities and accounts with coin addresses... which is counter to the mainstream coiner who has a brain... which is why someone can pretend to be the inventor of bitcoin... The "fintech" morons are salivating to cut costs.

It's a global stage. The plot and characters have been expounded on. Now let's see what happens. Wall Street wants to leech onto the crypto scene, to do zero work but get paid. Mining is Chinese-controlled. The hardware manufacturers are all there. Abstract bitcoin derivatives with stupid profits is the end goal of Wall St. thugs. Everyone developing is expected to bow to the fiat/coin exchange rate like a god.

I was hoping this could evolve beyond "douchebags repeatedly exchanging meaningless tokens of marginal value for ever-increasing profits".

On the flipside, this network is global, and it seems to be fairly robust against long-term DDOS attacks (ie. Classic/reXT/unLimited).

Next up is transactions that traverse a series of blockchains in a chaotic fashion in a short time interval... bye
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1128

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 07:41:59 PM

Obviously China and Russia are interested in it
I'm sorry what? Where did you get this idea from?
As far as what I know, Russia has banned the use of bitcoin in their country. Or has this been lifted already?

LCSociety

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 07:49:00 PM

As far as what I know, Russia has banned the use of bitcoin in their country. Or has this been lifted already?

The Russian Federation may have "banned bitcoin" (impossible) but despite this there is a pretty large Bitcoin scene in Russia. Just like in any other part of the world.

Just have a look at the Russian localbitcoins site: https://localbitcoins.com/country/RU

There are dozens of traders with 10000+ BTC trades. So, I think it's fair to say that the Bitcoin trade in Russia is booming.

OK so bitcoin seems to be generating some buzz worldwide. Obviously China and Russia are interested in it, if only to arbitrage both sides of the market, and maybe destabilize the already-tenuous US dollar while they're at it. Silicon Valley is onboard 100%, but their entire crypto-utopian vision correlates identities and accounts with coin addresses... which is counter to the mainstream coiner who has a brain... which is why someone can pretend to be the inventor of bitcoin... The "fintech" morons are salivating to cut costs.

It's a global stage. The plot and characters have been expounded on. Now let's see what happens. Wall Street wants to leech onto the crypto scene, to do zero work but get paid. Mining is Chinese-controlled. The hardware manufacturers are all there. Abstract bitcoin derivatives with stupid profits is the end goal of Wall St. thugs. Everyone developing is expected to bow to the fiat/coin exchange rate like a god.

Bitcoin is the grand-daddy of a brand new asset class: Crypto Currencies. The vultures have been circling for a long time, just waiting for their pray to grow tired.... Now, these Vultures are ready to swoop down for the kill.

It happened with every other asset class in existence, why would it be different for crypto currencies

At least programmers are now able to bring innovation to this crippled world financial system and offer us all an alternative
Evildrum

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 07:50:06 PM

Bit of discussion on this topic going on here but the people that are missing the boat seem to have become more popular in pointing to the profit as the new god.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1475042.0

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3262

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 08:44:36 PM

Remove the name-calling and innuendo and your post doesn't really say anything at all.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 09:47:23 PM

By Russia,he obviously meant Russian people not government.Banning Bitcoin do not end interest in bitcoin

classicsucks (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 07:35:48 AM

By Russia,he obviously meant Russian people not government.Banning Bitcoin do not end interest in bitcoin

I believe the Russian government should logically be interested in a system which undermines the US Dollar fiat/petrodollar stranglehold on the world?  I am aware that they are talking about banning the use of it by private citizens, but this policy wouldn't necessarily apply to state actors and/or Russian-owned multi-nationals...
classicsucks (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 07:37:01 AM

Remove the name-calling and innuendo and your post doesn't really say anything at all.

FTFY
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: