Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:54:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unconfirmed Transaction  (Read 619 times)
v356mt (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 09:35:30 AM

I'm having trouble understand what is going on with this transaction:
https://blockchain.info/tx-index/5eb2af95d344387e4db7fae5b47f7e1a2732672b06078f32df5aa28267eb1732

This has gone unconfirmed for over 3 hours and I have never had this problem before. It appears to me that I have become a victim of double spending. Can someone please help?

Thank you!
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 09:40:24 AM

https://blockchain.info/tx-index/5eb2af95d344387e4db7fae5b47f7e1a2732672b06078f32df5aa28267eb1732

This has gone unconfirmed for over 3 hours and I have never had this problem before. It appears to me that I have become a victim of double spending. Can someone please help?

Thank you!

Why this transaction is not yet confirmed is because of the size of it which is    852 (bytes) and the transaction fee of    0.00015 BTC is not enough for this transaction, hope someone will push this transaction to their node.
merelcoin

Activity: 675
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 09:41:17 AM

Thank you!

you added a 15000 satoshi fee for a 852 byte tx. This is 17 satoshi's per byte.

https://bitcoinfees.21.co/ learns us that, at the moment, the recommended fee is 60 satoshi's per byte.

That being said: there is no double spend (yet)... You'll either have to create a double spend yourself (in case you were the sender in this tx), using the same inputs but leaving more fee, or you can wait untill a miner decides to add you to a block.
machinek20

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 09:41:29 AM

wait man, some transaction may be up time to 24 hours or more
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 09:43:02 AM

I don't thinkthat's double spending. It's only normal that some transactions takes up too much of a time beore it get confirms. Just wait for a few more hours. I saw some people also complaining maybe blockchain is just slow.
v356mt (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 09:47:48 AM

Thanks for the reassuring replies everyone. I have been using bitcoins for a year now and have got 1 confirmation anywhere from 5 minutes up to 1.5 hours, I did not realize it could take up to 24 hours to confirm. There is a confirmation warning stating "this transaction has a none standard input" on block chain and when I googled that phrase all I saw were indications of double spending.
merelcoin

Activity: 675
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 09:52:19 AM

Thanks for the reassuring replies everyone. I have been using bitcoins for a year now and have got 1 confirmation anywhere from 5 minutes up to 1.5 hours, I did not realize it could take up to 24 hours to confirm. There is a confirmation warning stating "this transaction has a none standard input" on block chain and when I googled that phrase all I saw were indications of double spending.

It can even take a lot longer than 24 hours... Usually, the miners will add the transactions with the highest amount of satoshi's per byte. So, if you're unlucky, the majority of the other transactions waiting in the mempool have a higher fee, so you'll just have to wait untill those ones are added to blocks.
There is no way of predicting when your tx will be added, it might even be forgotten after a couple of day(s), in which case a new transaction can be generated using the same inputs.

In case you're the receiver, you can ask (for example) Shorena to rebroadcast the tx untill it confirms. You can also rebroadcast it yourself, but Shorena is usually friendly and writes a script that rebroadcasts the tx, so you don't have to keep rebroadcasting manually. You'll just have to ask him/her nicely Smiley
MONKEYJUNK

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 09:53:25 AM
Last edit: September 09, 2016, 09:27:04 AM by MONKEYJUNK

Just wait for some minute i see there is so many transaction have been made.                                                                                                                                 
Kozan

Activity: 520
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 10:35:45 AM

It can even take a lot longer than 24 hours... Usually, the miners will add the transactions with the highest amount of satoshi's per byte. So, if you're unlucky, the majority of the other transactions waiting in the mempool have a higher fee, so you'll just have to wait untill those ones are added to blocks.
There is no way of predicting when your tx will be added, it might even be forgotten after a couple of day(s), in which case a new transaction can be generated using the same inputs.

In case you're the receiver, you can ask (for example) Shorena to rebroadcast the tx untill it confirms. You can also rebroadcast it yourself, but Shorena is usually friendly and writes a script that rebroadcasts the tx, so you don't have to keep rebroadcasting manually. You'll just have to ask him/her nicely Smiley

Thank you very well for this explanation, I can wait thats not a big issue, I just wonder why blockchain.info waller claimed that this fee is enough and it would be confirmed in 30 minutes, maybe they should change this feature to something better!
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 12:32:06 PM

Thank you very well for this explanation, I can wait thats not a big issue, I just wonder why blockchain.info waller claimed that this fee is enough and it would be confirmed in 30 minutes, maybe they should change this feature to something better!

Seems that your transaction is now confirmed, i think someone here has rebroadcast your transaction and got confirmed, now you can lock this thread.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: