Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:29:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Monero is officially DEAD  (Read 5858 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
somacoin (OP)

Activity: 497
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2016, 02:07:59 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2016, 10:27:11 PM by SOMAcoin

Monero (a rudimentary cryptocurrency) is officially dead, why you may ask?

What Monero used to offer:
Bytecoin Copy Clone

What Monero now offers:
Bytecoin Copy Clone
Arrogance, hatred against all the other cryptocurrencies

Basically, Monero is worth less than OompaLoompaCoin, heck, practically any coin that has real developers developing real features... Monero offers absolutely nothing over what 99% of these alt coins offer, even some of the worst alt coins offer more innovative features than Monero. And to those Monero bagholders who say that "Monero Is Anonymous!!! Without Monero There is No Privacy!!!" is something it offers, that's not true.. There are far superior alternatives out there that actually have a GUI and whatnot Cheesy

Verdict: Monero is dead, there hasn't been worthwhile development in years, it's a practically abandoned coin with few remaining bagholders who're desperate for it to get some attention. I'm gonna feel really sorry to all the Monero bagholders that are still "HODLING" when Monero reaches 0.05$, 0.025$, 0.0125$ etc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TrueAnon
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 02:08:41 PM

I concur  Grin

Stupid stupid coin.
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2016, 02:20:28 PM

Every altcoin that isn't ETH is doomed.  Monero in particular has a horrible community and is always attacking other coins and works in the most despicable ways. 

And the dev is massively overweight, i just dont like or trust the obese, sorry, it's just the way i feel.  Gluttony is one of the seven deadly sins

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
stoat

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2016, 02:27:36 PM

I have no stakes on monero but after reading your post I immediately checked it on coinmarketcap and to my surprise the it is up by 2.5 % and has a good volume trading there's no indication that it is dead or should you say ,will be dead in 5 years?

Up by 2.5% because btc is down. 

It basically means monero didnt move just bagholders bagholding

<-- Click here!
evergrow

Activity: 426
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2016, 02:41:06 PM

lol I see what you did there Wink Moderated like all the propaganda Monero threads where just the slightest criticism is immediately deleted
Laniakea

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 02:43:04 PM

lol I see what you did there Wink Moderated like all the propaganda Monero threads where just the slightest criticism is immediately deleted

they actually have one unmoderated thread but they don't really post there Roll Eyes

eca.sh

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 02:43:45 PM

And the dev is massively overweight, i just dont like or trust the obese, sorry, it's just the way i feel.  Gluttony is one of the seven deadly sins

Slow metabolism is a despicable sin.

Bitcoin maximalists hatin' on altcoins. Altcoin pumpers hatin' each other. Monero hatin' everyone, including Monero Speculation flame wars amongst themselves.

And eca.sh hatin' everything not excluding God, Satan, ovulating supermodels, and pizza*.

*Unless it is topped with crotch cheese, rimbits, and lugies.

they actually have one unmoderated thread but they don't really post there Roll Eyes

They require a smooth master to crack the whip preventing them from strangling each other.
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 03:09:40 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2016, 03:22:34 PM by From Above

Monero is not only not dead - it is the best cryptocurrency project. I tell you why:

Without Privacy (security of self) this is where we are heading : https://infowars.wikia.com/wiki/Society_of_Control. A cryptocurrency should be private by default and public voluntarily, not vice versa: https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero. The internet got privacy wrong, we should learn from that mistake.

^DISCLAIMER: THIS IS SARCASM

~CfA~

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 03:19:47 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2016, 03:33:23 PM by Spoetnik

I was thinking of that too.
They have to admit they are simply insane with the self modded topic crap.
I don't mean lately either but for YEARS ..i posted some crazy examples of this before.

stoat and i agree on something ? WTF ? ahahhaha

2 things though guys.. fat people are evil !
and.. Risto / reptiela.. It's his coin !

If you dig beneath the surface and see his involvement since day one years ago
you would see it's his coin.. he funded it / drove it.. kept it afloat etc.
And this is not a good thing either..
For example he created some topic here before talking about wealth or something.
And i lambasted him and made him look like a pitiful little fool..
for being a shallow money grubbing greedy insecure douche.

Posting on Bitcointalk you are a millionaire with a Bentley and a Castle does not impress me.
I told him his bragging about his wealth amounts to fuck all and that
when he is dead & gone will anyone remember him ?
Clearly his priorities were / are terribly out of whack.. and this speaks LOUDLY about his Monero involvement.
He is a spoiled brat too when i commented that to him he got pissy and locked the topic ahahhaha
then recreated a whole new topic making sure the 2nd one was self-modded (for obvious reasons)
So i laughed at him for being a baby and double posting on purpose then mod's deleted it on him  Grin

Risto is a spoiled cocky little brat who thinks his "rich" ass is above the rules here and he is better than us all.
He is a fucking Noob lunatic who was in the loony bin.
His first coin was Monero ..so it's the best of course.
He says.. after spending he said in 2014 882 BTC on them.
Gods knows how much he has spent by now.

The guy is a clown and the so called "dev's" are milking his stupidity like a cash cow.
These "Dev's" are more than happy to take the mentally ill millionaires money.
They are preying on this guy who's first coin was Monero and who does not know any better.
The dregs that swirl around Monero always spamming about it here are preying on the delusional rich guy.
They know the history of this stuff and were doing the Altcoin thing years before Risto came along with a fat wad of cash.

I could go on and on and FUCKING on about the negative aspects of Monero.
How about the MEW topic where Risto said he created a forum game here supposedly for adoption reasons.
He called it a powerful adoption asset when defending why he took the Monero donated money
..with out asking anyone.. from the treasurer who they say ALSO is not a part of the team.
Who David then mentioned before his Monero Marketing company even though they said it never existed for years.
while explaining his French fraud stuff and his hiding with MEW Treasury funds.
Then said he was not hiding then said he was LOL

..chronic liars.

Jesus fucking christ i can't keep up with these scammy fuckheads and their stunts & shenanigans.
I also reported the "Retro virtual city" forum game topic here in ALT main and MOD's denied my report.
(the day Risto started it)
His only intention when he posted it was to spam on about Monero here with it and i KNEW IT !
And he proved my point when he admitted it was a "powerful adoption asset"
AKA: Spamming ..and paid for buy the Monero donators with MEW !
THEN he admitted to me personally on Polo way back he had made thousands of dollars on his previous forum game topic here.
And holy fuck how has mod's put up with their shit here all this time ?
That speculation topic is usually just keyword bumping.. top of page one 24/7

I feel sorry for people who get suckered into their lies & bullshit.
Who the fuck makes a coin called Bytecoin when one already existed ? HAHHAHAA
Then they played the community take over coin routine ROFL
Then they have the Cryptonote coin cloning platform ties ahhah
Then the original dev left and never showed his face ever again just as the take over went down years ago.
In other words the dev changed names.......  Roll Eyes

They said they were leaving a couple years ago when this place got mad about their spamming.
One guy posted a screen cap of all their topics bumped onto page one.. none of them were mine or i commented on last.
OTHER PEOPLE raged on them and there was a HUGE backlash against them and their spamming antics.
So the same mouthy Monero idiots we see NOW back then 2 years ago got mad in response
bad mouthed this place hard and said they were leaving because Bitcointalk is garbage etc.
They never did.. instead they simply waited for the heat to die down then went right back to spamming.
They say ohh we're leaving then take donated money with out permission earmarked for adoption to start a spamming forum game topic here and a Monero marketing company then deny all of it then get caught saying it themselves !
Then when i quote them they leave me a negative rating and say i lied when all i did was QUOTE THEM !

Not only do i think Anon coins are a bad idea and are going to be a tough thing to make and keep working securely
but i think the slop of shit Monero has going tech wise is a waste of time.
I also think they long ago simply wanted a gimmick for a "me too" coin.. so they picked "Anon".

Years later it's clear to me these clowns would drive ANY coin into the dirt with their involvement.
The bigger problem with Monero is not so much the coin but the people behind it.. they fucked up the coin.
And any hope of it going anywhere ever.. and what do they do ?
Look on the MEW topic and see Risto calling their supporters "Trolls"  Cheesy
And apparently every word i said is one big pile of lies and i am nothing but a Troll FUD'ing.
THAT is who we are dealing with here guys..

EDIT:
Oh and by the way just how much in FIAT $$$ did Risto spend on "starting" Retro Virtual City
the forum game here for *adoption*.. what many thousands of dollars ?
How will the donators feel that their donated money went to a guy clicking submit on topic here ?
Anyone wants to pay me a shitload of money for making a forum topic ?
I will call it what ever you want LOL  Wink

FUD first & ask questions later™
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 03:26:36 PM

SPOT ON Spoetnik! Very good analysis of the situation.

~CfA~

stoat

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2016, 04:04:20 PM

Sputnik going in heavy with par after par. I mean i like to keep it short and sweet but that was a masterful display of flaming. Monero is down for a ten count. 4..3..2...

<-- Click here!
whap

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 04:30:47 PM

haha. ok i got it  Kiss
raphma

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 04:57:31 PM

i do agree with you OP. Since monero flaws were published the coin is slowly bleeding.
gnargnar
Legendary

Activity: 1111

crypto-enthusiast since 2012

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 05:23:09 PM

what is "monero"?  Huh
TrueAnon
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 05:25:12 PM

I was thinking of that too.
They have to admit they are simply insane with the self modded topic crap.
I don't mean lately either but for YEARS ..i posted some crazy examples of this before.

stoat and i agree on something ? WTF ? ahahhaha

2 things though guys.. fat people are evil !
and.. Risto / reptiela.. It's his coin !

If you dig beneath the surface and see his involvement since day one years ago
you would see it's his coin.. he funded it / drove it.. kept it afloat etc.
And this is not a good thing either..
For example he created some topic here before talking about wealth or something.
And i lambasted him and made him look like a pitiful little fool..
for being a shallow money grubbing greedy insecure douche.

Posting on Bitcointalk you are a millionaire with a Bentley and a Castle does not impress me.
I told him his bragging about his wealth amounts to fuck all and that
when he is dead & gone will anyone remember him ?
Clearly his priorities were / are terribly out of whack.. and this speaks LOUDLY about his Monero involvement.
He is a spoiled brat too when i commented that to him he got pissy and locked the topic ahahhaha
then recreated a whole new topic making sure the 2nd one was self-modded (for obvious reasons)
So i laughed at him for being a baby and double posting on purpose then mod's deleted it on him  Grin

Risto is a spoiled cocky little brat who thinks his "rich" ass is above the rules here and he is better than us all.
He is a fucking Noob lunatic who was in the loony bin.
His first coin was Monero ..so it's the best of course.
He says.. after spending he said in 2014 882 BTC on them.
Gods knows how much he has spent by now.

The guy is a clown and the so called "dev's" are milking his stupidity like a cash cow.
These "Dev's" are more than happy to take the mentally ill millionaires money.
They are preying on this guy who's first coin was Monero and who does not know any better.
The dregs that swirl around Monero always spamming about it here are preying on the delusional rich guy.
They know the history of this stuff and were doing the Altcoin thing years before Risto came along with a fat wad of cash.

I could go on and on and FUCKING on about the negative aspects of Monero.
How about the MEW topic where Risto said he created a forum game here supposedly for adoption reasons.
He called it a powerful adoption asset when defending why he took the Monero donated money
..with out asking anyone.. from the treasurer who they say ALSO is not a part of the team.
Who David then mentioned before his Monero Marketing company even though they said it never existed for years.
while explaining his French fraud stuff and his hiding with MEW Treasury funds.
Then said he was not hiding then said he was LOL

..chronic liars.

Jesus fucking christ i can't keep up with these scammy fuckheads and their stunts & shenanigans.
I also reported the "Retro virtual city" forum game topic here in ALT main and MOD's denied my report.
(the day Risto started it)
His only intention when he posted it was to spam on about Monero here with it and i KNEW IT !
And he proved my point when he admitted it was a "powerful adoption asset"
AKA: Spamming ..and paid for buy the Monero donators with MEW !
THEN he admitted to me personally on Polo way back he had made thousands of dollars on his previous forum game topic here.
And holy fuck how has mod's put up with their shit here all this time ?
That speculation topic is usually just keyword bumping.. top of page one 24/7

I feel sorry for people who get suckered into their lies & bullshit.
Who the fuck makes a coin called Bytecoin when one already existed ? HAHHAHAA
Then they played the community take over coin routine ROFL
Then they have the Cryptonote coin cloning platform ties ahhah
Then the original dev left and never showed his face ever again just as the take over went down years ago.
In other words the dev changed names.......  Roll Eyes

They said they were leaving a couple years ago when this place got mad about their spamming.
One guy posted a screen cap of all their topics bumped onto page one.. none of them were mine or i commented on last.
OTHER PEOPLE raged on them and there was a HUGE backlash against them and their spamming antics.
So the same mouthy Monero idiots we see NOW back then 2 years ago got mad in response
bad mouthed this place hard and said they were leaving because Bitcointalk is garbage etc.
They never did.. instead they simply waited for the heat to die down then went right back to spamming.
They say ohh we're leaving then take donated money with out permission earmarked for adoption to start a spamming forum game topic here and a Monero marketing company then deny all of it then get caught saying it themselves !
Then when i quote them they leave me a negative rating and say i lied when all i did was QUOTE THEM !

Not only do i think Anon coins are a bad idea and are going to be a tough thing to make and keep working securely
but i think the slop of shit Monero has going tech wise is a waste of time.
I also think they long ago simply wanted a gimmick for a "me too" coin.. so they picked "Anon".

Years later it's clear to me these clowns would drive ANY coin into the dirt with their involvement.
The bigger problem with Monero is not so much the coin but the people behind it.. they fucked up the coin.
And any hope of it going anywhere ever.. and what do they do ?
Look on the MEW topic and see Risto calling their supporters "Trolls"  Cheesy
And apparently every word i said is one big pile of lies and i am nothing but a Troll FUD'ing.
THAT is who we are dealing with here guys..

EDIT:
Oh and by the way just how much in FIAT $$$ did Risto spend on "starting" Retro Virtual City
the forum game here for *adoption*.. what many thousands of dollars ?
How will the donators feel that their donated money went to a guy clicking submit on topic here ?
Anyone wants to pay me a shitload of money for making a forum topic ?
I will call it what ever you want LOL  Wink

Haha well played, well played.

and correct Smiley
prettybuds

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 06:02:56 PM

just like there is no censorship involved in the friendly Monero topics.

lolol Moniro is a good coin man, it has real features and a very good wallet. Also you're wrong it's not a Bytecoin clone, Bytecoin is a scam. It's a Bytecoin fork. That's a HUGE difference.

They have a good lead developer. He spends all of his time coding and never posts here all day and never attacks other people all the time. I really like what they're doing!

americanpegasus

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 08:53:16 PM

what is monero

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
stoat

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2016, 09:10:06 PM

what is monero

Dead, like dodo

<-- Click here!
Hong Kong

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2016, 10:13:02 PM

what is monero

Monero is a rudimentary cryptocurrency.

It is a slightly modified clone of an old Bytecoin version (another cryptocurrency, appears to possibly be a premine scam) as far as I know.

Here's an example of one of their biggest and most desperate bagholders: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEzNXzZy8e4

I hope this helps.

what the fuck did I just watch.
i want my lifetime back Angry

Ridin the wave
stoat

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2016, 10:16:47 PM

what is monero
Dead, like dodo